+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 938: A Woman's Secret

Default Re: Chapter 938: A Woman's Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    I was wondering why Hiyori/Komurasaki immediately spilled her secret to Zoro. Maybe because she never dared to make contact to a possible ally? Did she knew about the ankle sign?

And now a strong foreign Samurai appears, right at the time her brother should return. You can interpret her thougths and actions towards Zoro as desperation to finally meet Momo and the others again.

We already had our top ten anime betrayal with Pudding last arc.
    That's the point. Why someone who succesfully keep a secret during 20 years in the middle of a wild and very dangerous context... suddenly... confess that secret to (cough) an stranger.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I think Komurasaki and the yakuza boss faked the whole scene to make her look like a “good guy” to the straw hats. Now they’re infiltrating through Zoro. They hired the samurai zoro defeated to pretend to chase her.
    I would probably be more amenable to that if not for Toko being there. She can't keep her damn mouth shut so she'd screw the whole thing up at some point if fake-Hiyori would ever slightly let on that she's not who she says she is. Or if she started acting secretively or suspiciously like reporting back to someone mysterious or insisting on going with someone despite it not being a good idea. Even if just for comedic effect.

Plus how is someone being a nice, noble warrior a definitive link between them and the rebels? If that leads to a dead end she'll be liable for having such crappy judgment and wasting all that time on a wild goose chase. Also it's a poor idea to sacrifice the life of a powerful assassin (if he was pulling his punches to try and do a fake-out 'take a dive' kind of thing it would have been obvious) for such a scheme. If the guy had just gone down more easily it would be more believable that they were infiltrating Zoro's circle but Zoro tore that guy down all the way. Hard to believe anyone would agree to die for a plan like that when the alternative is far easier and less likely to cause anyone to be gravely harmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    That's the point. Why someone who succesfully keep a secret during 20 years in the middle of a wild and very dangerous context... suddenly... confess that secret to (cough) an stranger.
    It feels like she only just started hearing rumors about her brother resurfacing after so long, and what with the rumblings of rebellion going on, it's not hard to imagine she's got a sense that everything is happening for a reason, like a destined thing or something and Zoro's probably one of the harbingers of that.

Kanjuro is not the traitor! Leave Brittany alone!!!

Officially Komu said she's Hiyori. Is she? Most likely. If she is not lying, she could be an evil Hiyori. If she is lying, the door to find a 'good' Hiyori is still open. Both chances are interesting imo but I like the first one the most.

And maybe the only reason to think/feel, as readers, she's lying is because we expect a good Hiyori and we've seen a nasty malevolent Komurasaki.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Why Komurasaki confessed to Zoro she is Hiyori? Did she knows who Zoro is? Well, the three sword style captured Komu's attention in ch 937. So it could be she was aware there's a guy with such a sword style around. And on the other hand the alliance still doesn't know where Hiyori is... So, the alliance doesn't know about her location but she could know about the alliance movements... It's seems to me another hint to the fact she's an ally of the traitor.
    the problem with an evil Hiyori is that the banquet scene loose a bit of its sense to me. Pudding being evil made sense, she played with the strawhat. but at the banquet Kamurasaki didn't know some of them were here. Also Kyoshiro didn't know about the pamphlet so why would she has hidden that fact to him if they are partners of crime.
    Of course I could be misleaded by Oda who wants me to believe the obvious and certainly Hiyori can resent her brother for having the easy way but it doesn't play with her role of a daughter of a great samourai.

As for the Zoro confession, it is a bit weird indeed. But she knows Kinemon is back and she knows there are some foreigners who helped him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    the problem with an evil Hiyori is that the banquet scene loose a bit of its sense to me. Pudding being evil made sense, she played with the strawhat. but at the banquet Kamurasaki didn't know some of them were here. Also Kyoshiro didn't know about the pamphlet so why would she has hidden that fact to him if they are partners of crime.
    Of course I could be misleaded by Oda who wants me to believe the obvious and certainly Hiyori can resent her brother for having the easy way but it doesn't play with her role of a daughter of a great samourai.

As for the Zoro confession, it is a bit weird indeed. But she knows Kinemon is back and she knows there are some foreigners who helped him.
    How do you know Kyoshiro didn't know about the pamphlet?

Komu's being aware that some of the alliance were in the banket is not necessary. Basically she could have played the act only to be able to go away of Orochi.

Oda have been showing us Kyoshiro holding the flyer in his hand with a big grin ... The panel kind of says us: "-Kyoshiro: I know what's running here".

Anyway, since we don't know for sure and are intrigued, ... goood work, Oda!!!

Basically she could have played the act only to be able to go away of Orochi.
    But why would she do that now? What she did in the palace came before her confession to Zoro and was even more dangerous. So the Zoro scene is not that uncalled for, imo. It could be an act to play dead and "join" the rebels though, I give you that.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    But why would she do that now? What she did in the palace came before her confession to Zoro and was even more dangerous. So the Zoro scene is not that uncalled for, imo. It could be an act to play dead and "join" the rebels though, I give you that.
    Dont know but how about this: because she knows the alliance plan is going ahead now and to be at Orochi's side is no use since Kyoshiro and her plan on taking Orochi's throne.

Well, Kyoshiro wanting to be Shogun instead of the Shogun was my theory all along, but he's so utterly relaxed about anything in the latest chapters that I don't know what to think about him :D
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Regarding how the beast pirates got to Zou, maybe they made a vivre card (or how it's spelled) of Raizou without his knowledge. Isn't a nail or hair basically all you need from the person? It's the only way i see that doesn't involve a traitor.
    If you fall, I will certainly help you
    But if I fall, I will not expect you to help me
    I will rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Regarding how the beast pirates got to Zou, maybe they made a vivre card (or how it's spelled) of Raizou without his knowledge. Isn't a nail or hair basically all you need from the person? It's the only way i see that doesn't involve a traitor.
    Then they wouldn't need to ask them where he is, they'd just go there directly.

Because she thinks her brother is in Wano. She knows that something is going on, that was the point of the whole banquet scene where Orochi is talking about the various incidents in Wano and relates them to Kinemon and the others reappearing. She thinks Zoro has something to do with them and potentially knows where Kinemon and Momo are, and she's not wrong. The time for rebellion is getting ever closer, of course it's the best time to now reveal the secret if you think Zoro is part of it.
    Last edited by T.D.A; April 2nd, 2019 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Then they wouldn't need to ask them where he is, they'd just go there directly.

You're right, then a traitor is to blame most likely. Let's wait for Oda's reveal on this one.
    If you fall, I will certainly help you
    But if I fall, I will not expect you to help me
    I will rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by td1 View Post
    Because she thinks her brother is in Wano. She knows that something is going on, that was the point of the whole banquet scene where Orochi is talking about the various incidents in Wano and relates them to Kinemon and the others reappearing. She thinks Zoro has something to do with them and potentionally knows where Kinemon and Momo are, and she's not wrong. The time for rebellion is getting ever closer, of course it's the best time to now reveal the secret if you think Zoro is part of it.
    Yeah, and Kyoshiro, who didn't kill her, also knows somethings is happenig with Momo and wants to happily hug and kiss his brother in law.

Anyone else find it curious that while Momo was pretty adamant about avoiding his sister at all cost until after the war, ‘Hiyori’ on the other hand wants to meet her brother now.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fakescorpion View Post
    Anyone else find it curious that while Momo was pretty adamant about avoiding his sister at all cost until after the war, ‘Hiyori’ on the other hand wants to meet her brother now.
    I don't think that in and of itself is anything suspicious. Momo doesn't want to actively look for her or try to meet up with her now because it could put her in danger of being killed by Orochi. From Momo's perspective, it's only been a few months since he's seen Hiyori, so it's worth it to wait a little longer in exchange for seeing each other again when it's safe.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Momo, Hiyori's life is already in danger from the Shogun anyway thanks to angering him, so perhaps that's another reason she's being a bit more loose-lipped with the secret. And if she's been waiting 20 years to see her brother again--while knowing that that's how long it would be--it's understandable that she's eager to finally see him now that the time is here.
    Hidden:

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

As to why Hyori spilled the beans to Zoro:
    She was pretty "surprised" by Zoro's Santoryu.
    It IS pretty unique to use 3 swords at once, but if we speculate that Toki could not just send People into the future, but also had the ability to look into the future (a way better future-Vision than Katakuri's, cause it sees further), I'd pass on that Detail of an ally using 3swords to my daughter.
    Someone already wrote sth like that earlier though.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Bepo was technically a "prisoner" on Zou, meaning that, even if he was a Mink, there was no complete trust in him.
    Also his behavior has been strange sometimes in Wano, like when he ate the poisonous fish in desperate circumstances.

I don't think he's bad, but maybe if he is related to the mysterious prisoner, and Kaido was blackmailing him he could have spilled info out of compassion for the prisoner.
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fraco View Post
    Bepo was technically a "prisoner" on Zou, meaning that, even if he was a Mink, there was no complete trust in him.
    Also his behavior has been strange sometimes in Wano, like when he ate the poisonous fish in desperate circumstances.

I don't think he's bad, but maybe if he is related to the mysterious prisoner, and Kaido was blackmailing him he could have spilled info out of compassion for the prisoner.
    Are Bepo and Zepo Brothers? Or is it like with the merfolk, where siblings/relatives don't have to look similar? If Bepo and Zepo are Brothers, the former would feel more hatred against BM than against Kaidou.
    And if Bepo was a "prisoner" on Zou, why should they tell him about Raizou being hidden somewhere on Zou?
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

The traitor seems more likely from the wano samurais. any mink that faced jack on zou and knew about the dawn would have no reason to betray.

Quote Originally Posted by td1 View Post
    Because she thinks her brother is in Wano. She knows that something is going on, that was the point of the whole banquet scene where Orochi is talking about the various incidents in Wano and relates them to Kinemon and the others reappearing. She thinks Zoro has something to do with them and potentially knows where Kinemon and Momo are, and she's not wrong. The time for rebellion is getting ever closer, of course it's the best time to now reveal the secret if you think Zoro is part of it.
    Now, how is it possible Komu is alive? We asume she and Kyoshiro faked her assessination and if that's true it's hard to believe Komu is the innocent victim who runs to his brother side, because then you also have to believe in Kyoshiro's innocense and that's hard to believe (we don't know for sure yet).

But what if Kyoshiro is a DF user who can come back to live or to fake her own death... In that case, she could have used her power to finally run away from Kyoshiro and Orochi to the alliance's arms as you sugest. (Still there's some point to cover there like Komu's aparent knowledge about Zoro and the three swords style and her weird attitude when she was about to be cut by Kyo, points covered by the theory that she's an ally of the traitor and of Kyo.)

To me the evil or resentful character, who can be redimed, is more interesting than the innocent victim. But you can be right too.
    Last edited by Ukimix; April 3rd, 2019 at 03:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information