+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Anime To Enter Wano Arc In July 2019

Default Re: One Piece Anime To Enter Wano Arc In July 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Shakidna_ View Post
    You're the third person I've seen say the outlines are generated with a filter? Are they not drawn deliberately thick using a pressure sensitive stylus (or possibly a fountain pen)? Look at Robin's nose, where one line is thicker than the other, or compare the lines onN Franky's chin to his hair (in some frames).
    Nah, its definitely a filter. Toei first developed technologies for Tiger Mask W that increased light variation initial with the intent of recreating the original iconic aesthetic of that show, however, since then more and more shows used that technology, with Nagamine in particular, who was already a director who liked using filters, implementing it for his first time on DBS, then on DBS Broly and now on One Piece. Its definitely been refined since then I think, but the effect is basically the same, to artificially mimic line variation which was previously lacking. This being said, the technology is not perfect, and has been known to make "errors", however, they are usually not overtly egregious.

Actially, that image explains a lot. If you want a thicker line, draw two lines close to each other.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Ep 889 It Finally Started: The World Meeting of Conspiracy
    Ep 890 Marco: Guardian of Whitebeard’s Memento
    Ep 891 Climb the Waterfall! The Great Voyage in the sea of Wano Country!
    Ep 892 Wano Country! To the land of saimurai where sakura flies in the air

Thanks to @KaidoBoby

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    Ep 889 It Finally Started: The World Meeting of Conspiracy
    Ep 890 Marco: Guardian of Whitebeard’s Memento
    Ep 891 Climb the Waterfall! The Great Voyage in the sea of Wano Country!
    Ep 892 Wano Country! To the land of saimurai where sakura flies in the air

Thanks to @KaidoBoby
    Interesting. I thought they would turn chapter 908 into 2 episodes, have 2 filler episodes, then enter Wano the same as the manga did.

Instead

- they aren't doing 2 filler episodes
    - will turn the 1st half of 909 into a full episode
    - second half of Seppuku (909) will go after 910

I like the sequencing here. 908 is still going to be 2 episodes as well. I think this will be the first New World arc to enter without a filler arc since Fishman Island.

Wano Key Visual (better quality) from YonkouProd

Key Visual

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Clear !

Summary for Nagamine Interview ! Thanks to KaidoBoby for Translation !

In Wano arc, there’ll be all kinds of characters but each with a clear role of their own. The cast themselves will present the characters with their unique dialogues to show the characters’ strength and how they’re different from others.
    The composer Tanaka Kohei have introduced Japanese instruments for the music of Wano Country arc. They believe the interactions between characters are one of the things readers enjoy in OP, and Wano arc(with a lot of elements from yakuza movies) is very detailed in that field.
    The highlight of the action scene will be the battle between Luffy and Kaido, near the climax of act 1. For Luffy, the battle with Kaido will be the reason he strengthens his Haki.
    We’ve reached the climax of the series(up to now), this arc even holds great meaning for the series as a whole, bringing all the foreshadowings from the beginning of NW together. To animate this arc, we’ve further strengthen our staff, so please look forward to it.

Ooh, new music! Cool.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

I got scared by Debris comment. I thought they were replacing the composers.

Did you jump straight to the last post in the thread without reading the one by ScotchInformer? XD

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Did you jump straight to the last post in the thread without reading the one by ScotchInformer? XD
    ...Yes. It was more eyecatching in my defense.

OP is getting a new series director and character designer. Any word on if this will be a good change or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    ...Yes. It was more eyecatching in my defense.
    No problem lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    OP is getting a new series director and character designer. Any word on if this will be a good change or not?
    It is a great change. More reasons on why have been discussed in detail on the previous page.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    No problem lol

It is a great change. More reasons on why have been discussed in detail on the previous page.
    Hm. Wasn’t a ton of detail, but it sounds like folks appreciate the changes. M more curious about the creative director changeup. Don’t care much about the character designer, and I’m not sure I love the new designs shown so far. The characters feel a little more stout and their faces simplified.

Its a good thing. The character designer hasn't changed over in ten years, and the new series director is known as a work horse.

Hm. Wasn’t a ton of detail, but it sounds like folks appreciate the changes. M more curious about the creative director changeup. Don’t care much about the character designer, and I’m not sure I love the new designs shown so far. The characters feel a little more stout and their faces simplified.
    Have you seen the previous character designs?

Small, unfocused sample but the general point is detail really isn't an issue, neither is really the lack in a design(speaking of which, the designs are fine anyway detail wise, so I don't really see the issue, if anything, its just slightly more in line with the styles from the movies).
    Last edited by JazzMazz; June 11th, 2019 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    Its a good thing. The character designer hasn't changed over in ten years, and the new series director is known as a work horse.

Have you seen the previous character designs?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...yadaiba843.jpg
    Small, unfocused sample but the general point is detail really isn't an issue, neither is really the lack in a design(speaking of which, the designs are fine anyway detail wise, so I don't really see the issue, if anything, its just slightly more in line with the styles from the movies).
    Sue me, but I like the character design you’ve posted here way more. The new ones are very rounded and look simpler to me. That said, if it’s a question of character model consistency, maybe they’ll be more consistent with a new designer? Dunno.

Good to hear the new CD has a good reputation.

Sue me, but I like the character design you’ve posted here way more. The new ones are very rounded and look simpler to me. That said, if it’s a question of character model consistency, maybe they’ll be more consistent with a new designer? Dunno.

Good to hear the new CD has a good reputation.
    Being rounder and simpler is precisely the reason I prefer them, not to mention the feature placement in that front on Luffy shot is terrifying, his eye placement(where the eyes are really far apart) makes him seem to be staring into my soul and its freaking me out and everything just feels more bulbous and not in a good way. The difference isn't that big, but its certainly noticeable....

Either way the new character designer is more in line with the style from the movies character designs, which is really what Oda prefers...
    Last edited by JazzMazz; June 11th, 2019 at 01:52 PM.

More Wanokuni character designs from Jump!!!

Thread of highlights from Nagamine's interview in One Piece Magazine Vol. 6 from Yonkou: https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/statu...21472240553984

I hope they will deliver for more than just some key episodes.

But it sure looks promising

Sanji <3

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information