+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Chapter 936: Sumo Inferno

Default Re: Chapter 936: Sumo Inferno

About this new sword collector guy. Maybe tjere is a chance he picked up the one Luffy has lost a few chapters ago !

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    About this new sword collector guy. Maybe tjere is a chance he picked up the one Luffy has lost a few chapters ago !
    He still had it on him after Kaido defeated him in 924, so it was probably confiscated.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Can't say I recall this. Where was this stated?
    I haven't read Zou recently, I can't remember if it was explicitly stated or was strongly implied. Either way one can come to this conclusion based on how both Bebo and Pekemos found Zou.

I think it was something like animal's homing instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Eh Meh, I think at some point Western audiences will just have to accept that they'll always be a cultural disconnect when it comes to certain aspects of the story.
    It's a bit like Chinese takeaway. You wanna eat Chinese food but not the real deal which is too foreign and different from what you're used to. You want that sweet sticky stuff that sorta springboards off of asia but is catered to your western tongue. And here Oda just loads up on what he likes to eat and it just doesn't hit the right flavour notes for a more smoothed over middle of the road experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    I haven't read Zou recently, I can't remember if it was explicitly stated or was strongly implied. Either way one can come to this conclusion based on how both Bebo and Pekemos found Zou.

I think it was something like animal's homing instinct.
    Looking at both the dialogue from both of these characters during that arc, I'm not seeing any explicit mention of that.

I don't know about strongly implied either when Pekoms is a veteran pirate who could easily have a Vivre Card in his possession, like for his parents for example. Bepo is a stronger possibility for that theory I suppose, but we know through the SBS that he's the navigator for the Heart Pirates, and became one in the first place because he wanted to find and reach Zou again. So I can't say it's a given that he knew how to find it based solely on presumed inherent homing instincts. Also doesn't help that Inuarashi further implies that using a Vivre Card is the only way to find this place. If all Minks are capable of finding Zou without one, I find it odd that he wouldn't consider that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    It's a bit like Chinese takeaway. You wanna eat Chinese food but not the real deal which is too foreign and different from what you're used to. You want that sweet sticky stuff that sorta springboards off of asia but is catered to your western tongue. And here Oda just loads up on what he likes to eat and it just doesn't hit the right flavour notes for a more smoothed over middle of the road experience.
    Now i'm genuinely curious about the comparison of American "chinese" food compared to actual Chinese food.

Not that I ever thought the American stuff was ever "genuine"
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Now i'm genuinely curious about the comparison of American "chinese" food compared to actual Chinese food.

Might as well be 2 completely different cuisines to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    To me is like when you play with a little child: he plays again and again the same 'funny' game and ask you to play with you, but you find it tiresome. Kind of childish. That about the nosebleed joke. Because Nami's nude panel and the whole scene was entertaining to me.

I mean i don't imagine that the "they saw her tits even when she didn't want them to see them" joke is considered particularly highbrow over there either. But as we all know in the western world dudes only want to see titties when it's tasteful, empowering and explicitly consensual. Alas our different titty roads shall never cross, these foreign titty peeping jokes shall ever go over our heads

Still find it remarkable despite news of Luffy defeating Katakuri, the sumo events started with low level grunts.Weird
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

There is a visible woman´s breast in the second pannel from the bath-house scene. Just so you know
    If you fall, I will certainly help you
    But if I fall, I will not expect you to help me
    I will rise again.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Who the hell is a pervert at age 8!
    This guy:

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Might as well be 2 completely different cuisines to be honest.
    You're damn right. Think about it in terms of Mexican food and that travesty that is Tex-Mex food. Nobody eats that pretending is real authentic mexican food, it's just an americanised version without the real punch of mexican food. However mexicans like the strong taste and americans more often than not dislike the same taste.

That's my understanding with the Sanji joke. Japanese people like that sort of humour and it's alright, I can look past it and ignore it while enjoying the rest of the character. Not necessary for me to throw a tantrum every time I see it, I'll eat around it.
    If you're going on a trip... where would you like to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post

Having a Chinese wife (and parents-in-law) I know all there is to know about the difference between western catered Chinese restaurants or the real authentic Chinese food. Actually, in many Chinese restaurants when you visit with a Chinese person you'll get a completely seperate menu, completely written in hanzi and thus useless to western customers. The Chinese menu is filled with actual traditional Chinese food. I can read quite some Chinese and I can't for the life of me even begin to understand the Chinese menu either... :S They tend to be quite poetic about there food. Instead of saying what it actually is they often describe the taste, for example "the fiery taste of heaven" or something like that.
    I really never liked Chineser food at all in the past (before I met my wife). It always felt quite bland, to sweat, too much sweet and sour sauce, ... but the real Chinese food I'll tell you is phenominal and very diverse. There's great culinary diversity to be found in China. Knuming cuisine for instance is completely different from the food in Beijing or Shanghai. Which is logical seeing the size of China and the different climates.

Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    There is a visible woman´s breast in the second pannel from the bath-house scene. Just so you know
    You mean that small side boob action? Not really a visible breast in all it's glory. We have seen more nami shower fanservice than that panel.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    You mean that small side boob action? Not really a visible breast in all it's glory. We have seen more nami shower fanservice than that panel.

We can see the nipple and that's rare/one of a kind in OP. Yes,the delicious curves of a woman's body are better portraited in other instances.
    If you fall, I will certainly help you
    But if I fall, I will not expect you to help me
    I will rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    We can see the nipple and that's rare/one of a kind in OP. Yes,the delicious curves of a woman's body are better portraited in other instances.
    I see it! Doesn't seem explicit, definitely something that might not have been purposefully done.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information