+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1798

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    It is reaching, but charjabug as the band bus. Also useful in doubles with battery.

Dancers you have your pick, with hitmontop, salazle, maracactus and ludiculo as well.

Bronzong is an instrument itself.

Sirfetch kinda could pass as a violinist if you squint.
    Interesting Bronzong will likely be the 5th member then. Just gotta figure out the 6th.

As for my first play through my current team is going to be Cinderace, Hidden Ability Corviknight, Cursola. Gotta figure out 3 more members. Doing raids all week before I start doing the story again has given me some options.

Haunter and dusclops have big keyboarding fingers.

Going into the 80s there is elgyem who is a synth player.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Assuming some Popplio of questionable origins must already be gracing the Surprise Trade, Primarina for lead singer would be a given.

p.s.: Gigantamax Butterfree is home! I can save all my Wishing Stars to fail trying to find G-Orbeetle and Kingler.

p.p.s.: Opal is probably my favorite character from a Pokémon game. Not that I ever payed attention to the characters before SM, but still. I always liked the silly tongue-in-cheek humor of Pokémon games and SwSh are sorely lacking in that front, so she was a very welcome addition.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; November 21st, 2019 at 07:12 AM.

Hey! I swear someone (Bond en Evant maybe?) posted about having a connection error and not being able to get online. I'm having the same issue if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Hey! I swear someone (Bond en Evant maybe?) posted about having a connection error and not being able to get online. I'm having the same issue if that was the case.
    Yeah, it was me. I deleted the post shortly after cause I'm able to connect now, though the signal still seems a bit weak.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    Yeah, it was me. I deleted the post shortly after cause I'm able to connect now, though the signal still seems a bit weak.
    I think I'm having the same issue. Was able to connect, but it took a long time and everything is ultra slow.

The hall of fame is... <3 no spoilers, but it is there. Somewhere.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The hall of fame is... <3 no spoilers, but it is there. Somewhere.
    I'm assuming this means something good about it?

I believe that online went to shit like 2 hours ago. It didnt let me join any raids, and then it emptied the card list and never filled it up, even when I tried to refresh by restarting the game or less dramatic means. None joined to my raids as well, but that was more normal.

Reading up on how gamefreak codes, that shit can be get under control in a game, client side, and past models were open and close business, but keeping something that never closes down? With their resource management practices? Those servers are in for a ton of pain.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I believe that online went to shit like 2 hours ago. It didnt let me join any raids, and then it emptied the card list and never filled it up, even when I tried to refresh by restarting the game or less dramatic means. None joined to my raids as well, but that was more normal.

Reading up on how gamefreak codes, that shit can be get under control in a game, client side, and past models were open and close business, but keeping something that never closes down? With their resource management practices? Those servers are in for a ton of pain.
    I was playing a few hours ago and actually got a notification that server maintenance was about to happen, so I wouldn't worry about it for now.

Either they just fixed it, or making a mystery trade caused my side to reconnect and work again.

Btw, I’ve noticed today that some raid mons come with a yellow aura sometimes, during the “who’s that Pokémon” lobby preview. I haven’t got luck catching them to see if those are the ones with hidden abilities or something
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Either they just fixed it, or making a mystery trade caused my side to reconnect and work again.

Btw, I’ve noticed today that some raid mons come with a yellow aura sometimes, during the “who’s that Pokémon” lobby preview. I haven’t got luck catching them to see if those are the ones with hidden abilities or something
    From what I've read that just means they are rare den spawns (big purple beam instead of red).

The official site updated with some interesting info about brilliant and shiny pokémon, and the effects of story progression on the Wild Area:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/strategy/gigantamax-shiny-pokemon-sword-pokemon-shield-wild-area/

I still haven't had time to catch a good Ditto of my own but I'm still interested in a good non-English/North American Ditto for Masuda. (Also HA mons.) But I guess I still have to fill the pokédex before it really matters. By then hopefully I'll have something good to trade as well. I have some of the rarer mons and some Max Raid catches but nothing remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    From what I've read that just means they are rare den spawns (big purple beam instead of red).

The official site updated with some interesting info about brilliant and shiny pokémon, and the effects of story progression on the Wild Area:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/strategy/gigantamax-shiny-pokemon-sword-pokemon-shield-wild-area/

I still haven't had time to catch a good Ditto of my own but I'm still interested in a good non-English/North American Ditto for Masuda. (Also HA mons.) But I guess I still have to fill the pokédex before it really matters. By then hopefully I'll have something good to trade as well. I have some of the rarer mons and some Max Raid catches but nothing remarkable.
    Since I could only play like an hour a day this week I spent my entire time doing raids. I found 2 HA Sizzlepedes and 1 HA Rookiedee. From what I gathered once you click on the raid if the pokemon picture is glowing yellow it has a perfect stat and/or a higher chance for a HA. All 3 of my HA pokemon were glowing yellow but none were purple beams. Purple Beams did get me Togapei, Corsula, and a few other rare pokes though. Nothing too outstanding though.

That's interesting; I hadn't heard anything about that. Most info says the number of perfect IVs is tied to number of stars. Wouldn't mind getting those HAs from you at some point if you're up for trading. Doesn't have to be soon. My main raid focus for the next while will be HA Frosmoth and Dreepy (the latter of which sounds painful), or any Dittos I see / stuff I haven't caught.

I wonder if the glowing silhouettes are basically the raid versions of brilliant mons in the wild (the ones that drop Watts and have guaranteed IVs / egg moves). If so there's a chance they become more common the more of the species you encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    That's interesting; I hadn't heard anything about that. Most info says the number of perfect IVs is tied to number of stars. Wouldn't mind getting those HAs from you at some point if you're up for trading. Doesn't have to be soon. My main raid focus for the next while will be HA Frosmoth and Dreepy (the latter of which sounds painful), or any Dittos I see / stuff I haven't caught.

I wonder if the glowing silhouettes are basically the raid versions of brilliant mons in the wild (the ones that drop Watts and have guaranteed IVs / egg moves). If so there's a chance they become more common the more of the species you encounter.
    That's what I assume the glowing silhouettes are like the brilliant wild mons I can trade one of the Sizzlepedes although its HA is just flame body so its not too spectacular. Once I find a ditto I can try to breed my Corviknight. I'm gonna be playing the main story over the weekend when I'm not working all night and day. But back early next week I'm gonna be raiding again for an hour or so a day. I kinda want HA Corsula but I'm guessing that will be very hard to acquire considering how hard normal Corsula is suppose to be to find. Somehow I got lucky and got it in a raid when I only have 1 badge.

Yeah, Dreepy's HA is also Cursed Body which is nothing amazing (I see most competitive sets going with Infiltrator). Honestly even Mirror Armor is looking underwhelming from a competitive standpoint compared to Pressure, but it's really nice in-game against NPCs or wild mons. I don't actually play competitively though, I just like making awesome shinies. So for me it's more about just having HA in the first place, even if it's not great (since worst case there's always Ability Capsules to go back to a normal ability lol). Obsession at its worst.

Take your time though; I wouldn't ask for anything you haven't had a chance to breed extras of. And I like reciprocating which is why I hope to get some notable catches soon.

Save data corruption be corruption, I finally started playing Sword today. Really liking it so far.

-Definitely an improvement in that they cut down on the hand-holding and the cutscenes, though I wish we could've gotten to catching Pokemon a bit sooner.
    -Man, this game just throws Pokemon at you. "Yeah, sure, have all the different kinds of Pokemon you want! We got 'em by the truckload!"
    -Is it just me or does the game seem a little tougher? Like, I already had my Scorbunny faint once.
    -Didn't play Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee so this my first time experiencing non-random encounters. Not sure how much I like it as far as catching rare Pokemon. Even if you avoid battling, you still have to respawn the area while also avoiding the other Pokes. It's like you're trading one tedious task for another.
    -I'm fine with the Exp. Share
    -Oh look! Rookidee is a pure flying type. Just as it always should have been for the starter birds.
    Last edited by Nobodyman; November 21st, 2019 at 08:46 PM.

Apparently there are ultra shinies now.

Finally beat the game last night

Spoiler:

Definitely fun all around. The story conflict felt forced, particularly since the conflict with Rose was super forced, but it's a game that really knows how to set the mood and the moments intended to be hype still reached pretty good highs.

My team:
    - Shankee (Rillaboom)
    - Liera (Thievul)
    - Revenia (Hatterene)
    - Ozimandias (Grimmsnarl)
    - Ristelle (Rapidash)
    - Snickers (Morpeko)

I tried various pokemon throughout the journey, and in the end these are the six that just stuck with me. Which was a bit unfortunate since it meant lack of type diversity, but that made some matches harder than necessary and, honestly, a lot more fun as a result. And even with my deficiencies in terms of typings, each and every single one of these mons had a shining moment of completely carrying the group.
    But ultimately, my biggest highlight are the gym leader battles. The vibe set up is hype to the point it really draws you in, and I think it's made this team one of my hypest in some time. Since I got fortunate enough that all my team favorites are in this game, I'm really hype to one day run the whole game with my pokemon.

In more petty news, Bede is probably the rival I have hated and wanted to be the most ever as a result of his story arc. I've wanted to have my own Fairy gym in a game for so long and the Opal storyline felt like it was made for me, and then this dipshit comes and GETS the gym using pokemon I'm using.... When that bitch walked on stage during the finals pride took over and I had to fuck him over using my fairies. Probably one of the most cathartic moments against a rival since Blue. Fuck you Bede.
    Marnie, meanwhile, was such a cool character the whole time and I wish there was more of her and her discount Guzma brother. Hop was ok and I was glad about the game pointing out he got put down, and in the end he didn't annoy me as much as Hau.

Can't wait to play this game again later, but for now gotta finish raising this team and catching all the things.

Last night I managed to get the game working for one raid and got a golden silhouette one,(an accelgor ) hydration 4perfect Ivs, so no idea.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

49 mons to go, (box legendary , 5 eevolutions, Silvaly and sir fetched being the ones that I can get any day, a bunch of weather dependent spawns most notably the deino line and mawile for trade purposes, and the versión exclusives or trade evolutions that I have been chipping away slowly)
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information