+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1804

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    Man. I must not be a Pokefan after these ~20 years because I'm not hyped that after I complete the main game I won't be able to have nearly the same amount of options in teambuilding as I did in previous games?
    You said it. You are going to dwell on one aspect and let it ruin a game designed for children in the first place and act like you are owed something. No one is forcing you to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by allbluebro View Post
    You said it. You are going to dwell on one aspect and let it ruin a game designed for children in the first place and act like you are owed something. No one is forcing you to buy it.
    Are we really going with the "no one is forcing you to buy it" excuse at this point?

How dare I be upset that the a major draw of the game be severely limited and be upset that a game that costs more and requires paid internet service has less player choice with no plans to increase that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    A held item that
    Spoiler:
    bypasses entry hazards! Those boots are going on everything I love and survived the cut... damn, Volcarona, why???!
    Spoiler:
    Volcarona is in the game... it's just a Galarian form that they decided to call Frossmoth :P

Are we really going with the "no one is forcing you to buy it" excuse at this point?

How dare I be upset that the a major draw of the game be severely limited and be upset that a game that costs more and requires paid internet service has less player choice with no plans to increase that choice.
    For the record I respect your opinion and also share those feelings but when it all boils down to it I can easily see myself putting in enough hours of Sword and Shield and playing it alongside my little brother and getting my moneys worth out of it.
    It's definitely nowhere near as good as it could have been but maybe i'm just so jaded by being disappointing by games over the past decade that I have become numb to the shortcomings.
    Yeah voice your opinions! Hopefully one day these companies start listening to the fans more. Instead of being so focused on the $$$

A roster is a part of a game, no big deal. A lot of people skipped Street Fighter V initially because its roster was minimal. It's the same with Pokémon now, the dexit made the "roster composition" become one of the things people will take into account before buying the games - and the roster of SwShis very limited regarding the full number we have.
    No need to dramatize this with empty statements like "you are not real fans", which is just as ridiculous as people saying those who will buy it are "traitors".

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Spoiler:
    Volcarona is in the game... it's just a Galarian form that they decided to call Frossmoth :P
    Spoiler:
    With all the dupes the game has, it is funny the only two pairs I really wanted to have didn't made it - Donphan/Copperajah and Volcarona/Frosmoth

A roster is a part of a game, no big deal. A lot of people skipped Street Fighter V initially because its roster was minimal. It's the same with Pokémon now, the dexit made the "roster composition" become one of the things people will take into account before buying the games - and the roster of SwShis very limited regarding the full number we have.
    No need to dramatize this with empty statements like "you are not real fans", which is just as ridiculous as people saying those who will buy it are "traitors".

Spoiler:
    With all the dupes the game has, it is funny the only two pairs I really wanted to have didn't made it - Donphan/Copperajah and Volcarona/Frosmoth
    To be fair you misquoted me, I said if you aren't hype for this gen then you aren't a pokefan, which I stand behind. Let's break that down shall we?

Pokefan= Pokemon Fanatic

You should try look past the fact that not every detail for the next 10 generations of a game aimed at children isn't going to be exactly how you like it, you don't design the pokemon, you don't design the games, you choose to buy them if you want to. You get excited whenever there is a new generation and any new pokemon added because you know even if that new pokemon looks like garbage to you (or literally is a giant sack of garbage) someone else out there will be GEEKED over that pokemon. Sorry not sorry that I choose to participate > hate.
    I'm just grateful that a franchise that I loved as a kid is still around and going strong and even with all the nitpicking they have lasted this long and dare I say they very obviously know what they are doing and have a plan in place and I have no reason to doubt they will continue perfecting an old tried and true formula. It could have been better, but good Arceus it could have been SO much worse...

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Pachisiu was legal on that tournament because it was in its regional dex of x/y. The world tournament is always on the regional dex, if it is on the 1.0 version of the gen, and for most version 2.0 with the whole thing.

Even if they had developed the whole dex, pachirisu wouldn’t been tournament legal in this case.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The lower power meta game was what allowed the ice combo of alolan ninetales and sandslash to exist before ultra sun/moon, and these kind of rotations are the standard of not only pokemon, but also card games, in the competitive side, at least until the third game, it is business as usual.
    A held item that
    Spoiler:
    bypasses entry hazards! Those boots are going on everything I love and survived the cut... damn, Volcarona, why???!

This. You are just overblowing things now, Robby. The dexit has no effect on something like that, and if anything those games seem to make the likelihood of shitmon pulling a "Pachirisu" much bigger since they seem to be putting extra effort on balancing the competitive scene.
    My point wasn't "official tournaments will never be the same."
    My point was "personal team building where you can pull in a unique favorite and have wider variety will never be the same."
    Last edited by Robby; November 7th, 2019 at 02:37 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Never again will we have a world champion Pachirisu. An event that was huge because someone took a "useless" overlooked never used mon and made it work for them.
    I was misled by the use of "world champion" here.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Ignoring the desperate backpedaling, that is true every single generation where the meta changes and new mons, abilities, and combos open up the possibilities, shift the dynamic, or counter previously-powerful teams. The gen 7 meta is pretty shit and the consensus I see from the competitive community is that it will be vastly improved simply from the exclusion of a lot of annoying "must-have" mons and Z moves, let alone all the new pokémon/abilities/moves/items. Surely a new niche gimmick team will arise here too. Like that one with Smeargle using Water Shuriken onto allied Palossands due to Water Compaction (and I think Weakness Policy to boot).

This type of change is usually very healthy (unless they seriously break the balance in a new, different way). If you are just dying to competitively use specific old mons alongside gen 8, I am sure Showdown will have a category for it. If you really want to use them for subsequent in-game playthroughs, months in the future (when they would have opened the floodgates to the national dex in the past), then well... okay. You want something very specific and if it's a dealbreaker then that's that. We've been through this a million times. No use coming up with 100 more weak excuses to be mad. If someone doesn't think it's worth the standard price of a new Switch game, good for them. Though I wonder why nobody has ever complained about this the countless other times a handheld sequel ended up on a console at full price. How dare they charge 60 dollars for Luigi's Mansion 3!? Dark Moon was so much cheaper!

They don't expect you to buy two copies of Luigi's mansion, and then a third copy a year later.

(Or you and a friend to between you buy two copies as is more often the case)

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I was misled by the use of "world champion" here.
    I was pointing to that as the highest level of excitement and surprise.

The best demonstration that I could think of that anything can be someone's favorite and find a use, no matter how ignored and bottom tier it might typically be.
    Last edited by Robby; November 7th, 2019 at 03:28 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Best part of the leak is that we had to find out through leakers about the massive cut of pokemon. Because Gamefreak couldn't be bothered to tell us about massive drop in Pokemon themselves. As if they were hoping people would buy into "they'll only cut out the things no one really likes such as Luvdisc" buy the game and then be stuck with the game and disappointment when they see that regional dex isn't even the largest one and how many actually like Pokemon didn't make it.

I really want an Octopath-style Pokemon game now.

If someone doesn't think it's worth the standard price of a new Switch game, good for them. Though I wonder why nobody has ever complained about this the countless other times a handheld sequel ended up on a console at full price. How dare they charge 60 dollars for Luigi's Mansion 3!? Dark Moon was so much cheaper!
    Luigi's Mansion isn't a great comparison because in that series the primary focus is on the adventure and not the cast of playable characters.

Smash Bros is a lot closer.
    Imagine if Smash Ultimate had a more exciting adventure mode but 60% of the old roster was cut, and they only added about 10% worth of new characters. A lot of people would be happy with the new characters and the new, better single player mode, but you'd still find a ton of "the 3DS game was better and cheaper" complaints.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; November 7th, 2019 at 04:36 PM.

Best part of the leak is that we had to find out through leakers about the massive cut of pokemon. Because Gamefreak couldn't be bothered to tell us about massive drop in Pokemon themselves. As if they were hoping people would buy into "they'll only cut out the things no one really likes such as Luvdisc" buy the game and then be stuck with the game and disappointment when they see that regional dex isn't even the largest one and how many actually like Pokemon didn't make it.
    New Pokemon will always been far more important than the old ones. I remember the backlash in Gen 6 and Gen 7 being far less new pokemon.

That's the main selling point of buying a new pokemon game or any new instalment of any game series. Look at Splatoon 2 and see how many people don't call it a sequel because it is too much like the first game.

Most the compeitive single players are happy about Z-moves demise and a select few ominipresent pokemon being removed. People liked mega-evolution for giving lesser Pokemon a chance to shine, but people hated Z-moves. It would probably be banned if it wasn't for the fact it's just considered a "core mechanic of the game", in their own words.

And speaking of which I suspect G-max moves to not be liked either. Some Pokemon won't be missed, but I kinda don't exactly think most competitive players was exactly asking for a huge portion of Pokemon to stop existing?

Showdown has already said they will both simulate the game itself, and have at least one special "everyone is here" tier where you can use all Pokemon.

Beyond that, I think most - if not all other "NatDex" usage tiers will cease to exist, if not all besides just the main one. Which means a whole lot of lesser Pokemon even in the NatDex that would normally find a place in some lower tiers will be outclassed and so never get used again.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    New Pokemon will always been far more important than the old ones. I remember the backlash in Gen 6 and Gen 7 being far less new pokemon.

That's the main selling point of buying a new pokemon game or any new instalment of any game series. Look at Splatoon 2 and see how many people don't call it a sequel because it is too much like the first game.
    And you have to remove a lot of the old pokemon because?

Are the new characters in Smash so important that you have to remove the 50~60% of the cast from Smash 4?

Oh god, it's the same circular discussions from June all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    New Pokemon will always been far more important than the old ones.
    I actually agree with this, in theory, but not in reference to the discussion. Why I'm replying to you is because I don't think Game Freak agrees. The original 151 have been placed in a place of equal and often higher importance than current gen mons since Gen 6, whereas it really had not been the case before hand that I can remember at least. How else do we explain Alola variants only being Kanto mons (and the focus on Kanto in Alola, even though it had already been such a heavy focus in Kalos), none of the Kalos Pokemon getting Mega forms and being given a Kanto starter early on with one, Let's Go, and the marketing of Dynamaxed Kantomons? I would be ecstatic if I really thought they were going to focus 100 percent on the new mons, but I guess Black and White didn't sell enough?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Luigi's Mansion isn't a great comparison because in that series the primary focus is on the adventure and not the cast of playable characters.

Smash Bros is a lot closer.
    Imagine if Smash Ultimate had a more exciting adventure mode but 60% of the old roster was cut, and they only added about 10% worth of new characters. A lot of people would be happy with the new characters and the new, better single player mode, but you'd still find a ton of "the 3DS game was better and cheaper" complaints.
    Luigi's Mansion is a perfectly fine example. You have a console version offering absolutely no content advantage, other than it being a brand new game, but costs way more. But sure, let's talk about Smash! How about all those people pissed that the Wii U Version was so much more expensive than the 3DS version despite being the same base game? Wait, they don't exist? Even though a great mode like Smash Run was replaced with trash like Smash Tour? Huh. The point is that's what console games cost. It's not typically questioned in any context. This is not a dinky contentless title screwing its players out of money. It's a bunch of upset people making an invalid comparison to inflate their outrage. So be upset and don't buy the game. Just, again, stop littering every conversation with nonsense excuses. At this point I would pay people the extra $20 to shut up. But thanks for reminding me of why everyone gave up on posting here. I do apologize for somehow spurring on the same circular arguments again. Even though I was earnestly trying to talk about something different in terms of competitive meta.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Its been the same issue in any Star Wars discussion (anywhere online) of the past 2 years.Its so tiresome.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Spoiler:
    But sure, let's talk about Smash! How about all those people pissed that the Wii U Version was so much more expensive than the 3DS version despite being the same base game? Wait, they don't exist? Even though a great mode like Smash Run was replaced with trash like Smash Tour?
    Er... those people definitely existed but they were a lot less common because not that many people bought the console.

The point is that's what console games cost. It's not typically questioned in any context.
    I hear it questioned a lot because the Switch has plenty of games that release at $40 and games for other consoles often have massive price drops within weeks of release.

This is not a dinky contentless title screwing its players out of money.
    You're correct, it's not a scam, at least in that sense.

It's a bunch of upset people making an invalid comparison to inflate their outrage.
    You're right that one game having less content per dollar spent doesn't inherently prove that it's not worth buying.
    I also feel that the comparison is kind of petty and shows no respect for the artistic value of each individual work.

This is all really about a bunch of fans who are burned out on the series but keep getting manipulated into coming back by a company that milks nostalgia and FOMO like no other, and to a lesser extent their extremely shitty PR practices.

So be upset and don't buy the game. Just, again, stop littering every conversation with nonsense excuses. At this point I would pay people the extra $20 to shut up. But thanks for reminding me of why everyone gave up on posting here. I do apologize for somehow spurring on the same circular arguments again. Even though I was earnestly trying to talk about something different in terms of competitive meta.
    I think the long-term solution for everyone complaining, including myself, is to just give up on the series for a few years and move on to other games.

Based on what we can see in the final Pokedex, Gamefreak is clearly incapable of delivering what we want at this point and the company leadership doesn't respect fans enough to tell them why.

Edit: I'm completely abandoning this argument because everything's changed over the last few days since the game leaked and other problems were exposed.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; November 12th, 2019 at 10:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information