+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1802

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Come on guys, where is your sense of adventure? A new region with a new story, new characters and new pokemon, isn't that the point of each new game? If you want to play the old games with the old pokémon again and again, those games still exist. But the new games are about moving forward and experiencing something new. Have you all forgotten that?
    One can want to enjoy a new region with new pokemon while still being disappointed that it can't be enjoyed with old pokemon and favorites. Indeed, a part of the replayability of the games is in using more and more different teams. Acting as if everyone who is critical of Game Freak's decisions only wants to play using the old pokemon in old regions I think is disingenuous.

Come on guys, where is your sense of adventure? A new region with a new story, new characters and new pokemon, isn't that the point of each new game? If you want to play the old games with the old pokémon again and again, those games still exist. But the new games are about moving forward and experiencing something new. Have you all forgotten that?
    Heavy on assumptions, huh!? Just because someone wants to use old pokémon doesn't mean they want to repeat the same they always used.
    In my particular case, my first playthrough is always new pokémon only (and I am very excited to use my planned Galar team even if I have to hold it back for now), but I intend to make use of the fact for the first time I can have multiple save states in a Pokémon game to replay it with different teams after that.
    Besides two pokémon from my expected "definitive team" - which admittedly would only have Pokémon I already used -, there are plenty of pokémon I never got a chance to use before and was very excited to use in subsequent playthroughs this time: Nidoking, Volbeat, Bouffalant, Dedenne, Dragalge, Kingdra, Walrein, Tangrowth... just to name the ones I wanted to use the most and aren't in the game (I think only Kingler and Gothitelle made it of that list). If I can wait one year to buy pretty much the same game but with a bigger dex that might fit better my expectations, why hurry?

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Little Town Hero, though I don't think the A and B team wording was supposed to be all that literal.
    I never heard of that game before, I'll have to check it out and see why there putting there best on it

it look like it's getting really bad reviews, is it not any good?

Not that I care much of when people buy things or not, but now I'm also actually curious about the "third version" and how likely it actually is. Moreso because of the success of Let's Go, which wouldn't surprise me if it led them to reexamine and go into a cycle of new gen -> remake -> let's go sequel -> new gen, etc.

I wouldn't place any bets on a third version that adds more pokemon from the national dex. It's probably safer to assume the worst and that this is it and it's a Hoenn situation where to gain access to most of the previous gen content you have to do so in remakes and spin-offs.

Also, just saying, assuming that people who complain about missing dex pokemon do so because their favorites are not in and won't get to use them is actually not that far off an assumption. In fact, I feel like the prospect of using new "old" pokemon is more niche in comparison to people who just want to move forward their favorites from game to game and be able to use them.

The fun thing about Smash Ultimate for me? That I can play new things like Isabelle and Joker and when I get tired of them I can go play with old things like Yoshi and Dr. Mario.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I never heard of that game before, I'll have to check it out and see why there putting there best on it

it look like it's getting really bad reviews, is it not any good?
    I haven't played it, so I can't say, but I've heard that the battle system is pretty frustrating.
    Last edited by andre; November 4th, 2019 at 07:25 PM.

Rewind time a few months when I was baffled by how terrible the cover legendaries looked, I would never believe before the release the main thing that is actually making me want to play the game is to find out what is the story of those two dogs.
    Spoiler:
    After seeing their models in game and trying to figure out the story behind their forms, I instantly became attached to them. I hope those forms mean they will actually have an active role in the game instead of just appearing to be captured by you.

I almost never play the main game with old stuff the first time through, I can't help but try new things. And BW locked out everything old for the main game and only let you use new stuff and it was great! But that was a full 150+ mons, and the post game still gave you access to everything, so you could explore afterwards and make new setups with old things. Or at least have A favorite with you to see how it looked in the new system in the Amie or whatever. That's just... such a sizeable content cut.

Combined with not giving a crap about giant forms, and the actual overworld exploration looking same ol same ol' rather than them stepping up and going Breath of the Wild on us... it looks and feels tired rather than fresh. Add on that the price point is higher by half than its always been? Maybe the reviews when it comes out will convince me otherwise, but...

we know they're eventually gong to do a third one, and last gen the follow up came out super fast, so I'm maybe okay with just waiting to get the "good" one this time, since there's better odds of actual significant added content.

Plus. now that we've seen everything (and I no longer care about being spoiled) there's only a handful of new designs that really catch my interest.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I almost never play the main game with old stuff the first time through, I can't help but try new things. And BW locked out everything old for the main game and only let you use new stuff and it was great! But that was a full 150+ mons, and the post game still gave you access to everything, so you could explore afterwards and make new setups with old things. Or at least have A favorite with you to see how it looked in the new system in the Amie or whatever. That's just... such a sizeable content cut.

Combined with not giving a crap about giant forms, and the actual overworld exploration looking same ol same ol' rather than them stepping up and going Breath of the Wild on us... it looks and feels tired rather than fresh. Add on that the price point is higher by half than its always been? Maybe the reviews when it comes out will convince me otherwise, but...

we know they're eventually gong to do a third one, and last gen the follow up came out super fast, so I'm maybe okay with just waiting to get the "good" one this time, since there's better odds of actual significant added content.

Plus. now that we've seen everything (and I no longer care about being spoiled) there's only a handful of new designs that really catch my interest.
    I'm not too keen on the enbiggening myself, but the gameplay seems fine to me. I still have fun with the older games though, so more of the same is fine by me. I'm curious what yall think the third version of swsh would be. Armor? Lance? Maul?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Heavy on assumptions, huh!? Just because someone wants to use old pokémon doesn't mean they want to repeat the same they always used.
    In my particular case, my first playthrough is always new pokémon only (and I am very excited to use my planned Galar team even if I have to hold it back for now), but I intend to make use of the fact for the first time I can have multiple save states in a Pokémon game to replay it with different teams after that.
    Besides two pokémon from my expected "definitive team" - which admittedly would only have Pokémon I already used -, there are plenty of pokémon I never got a chance to use before and was very excited to use in subsequent playthroughs this time: Nidoking, Volbeat, Bouffalant, Dedenne, Dragalge, Kingdra, Walrein, Tangrowth... just to name the ones I wanted to use the most and aren't in the game (I think only Kingler and Gothitelle made it of that list). If I can wait one year to buy pretty much the same game but with a bigger dex that might fit better my expectations, why hurry?
    Maybe I misunderstood, but it seemed like the people screeching about dexit were people who would just use legacy teams in every new game. "I can't transfer my level 100 max iv shiny garchomp?! This game's fucking trash!". But we should all accept that there will probably never be another pokemon game with every mon in it. It'll probably a rotating roster of classics and new mons each game from now on.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Maybe I misunderstood, but it seemed like the people screeching about dexit were people who would just use legacy teams in every new game. "I can't transfer my level 100 max iv shiny garchomp?! This game's fucking trash!". But we should all accept that there will probably never be another pokemon game with every mon in it. It'll probably a rotating roster of classics and new mons each game from now on.
    I never once encountered a single person who felt that way, but that was definitely a stereotype I saw given to dexit folks from those in support of the dex cut.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    The fun thing about Smash Ultimate for me? That I can play new things like Isabelle and Joker and when I get tired of them I can go play with old things like Yoshi and Dr. Mario.
    And you can still use those same pokemon and those same teams in other games. They still exist, nothing is stopping you. But you can also use new pokemon and new teams in the new games, with some classics thrown in for good measure. It's a balancing act that maybe gf hasn't perfected yet, but going forward there will probably be a better mix of old and new. But they should focus on creating more new quality pokemon in the new games.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I never once encountered a single person who felt that way, but that was definitely a stereotype I saw given to dexit folks from those in support of the dex cut.
    What exactly was the cause of all the dexit complaining then? People were worried all the old pokemon wouldn't make it in, but we've had a lot of those pokemon since the nineties. It's time to move on from kanto and hoenn and give the new gens their time in the spotlight. ( charizard can stay forever though. He's the goodest boy.)
    Gonna give ya the D.!

16 characters of "check reddit"

What exactly was the cause of all the dexit complaining then? People were worried all the old pokemon wouldn't make it in, but we've had a lot of those pokemon since the nineties. It's time to move on from kanto and hoenn and give the new gens their time in the spotlight. ( charizard can stay forever though. He's the goodest boy.)
    It depends on who you ask. A lot of competitive people did want to transfer the teams they'd put hundreds or thousands of hours into building.
    Most people were also angry that it betrayed the "gotta catch em all" and "every Pokemon is someone's favorite" themes that ran throughout the series since the beginning.

For me, the real salt in the wound was that the justifications for it didn't make much sense, and there's still more evidence against them than for them.

At the time I was expecting a much larger cut than most other people but assumed there'd be 150+ new Pokemon to make up for it.
    We got the worst of both worlds unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    It depends on who you ask. A lot of competitive people did want to transfer the teams they'd put hundreds or thousands of hours into building.
    Most people were also angry that it betrayed the "gotta catch em all" and "every Pokemon is someone's favorite" themes that ran throughout the series since the beginning.

For me, the real salt in the wound was that the justifications for it didn't make much sense, and there's still more evidence against them than for them.

At the time I was expecting a much larger cut than most other people but assumed there'd be 150+ new Pokemon to make up for it.
    We got the worst of both worlds unfortunately.
    Well...I didn't get the worst of both worlds. I'm perfectly happy with the game we're getting. It's just another bog standard pokemon game, and that's fine by me. I'm excited for most of the new mons I've seen ( except for the late term abortions that are silizzle and intelleon) and I can't wait to build a new team with them. Like I said before, I'm sure the roster of classic pokemon returning will change going forward, so it's not like those old teams are gone forever. But it's time for new pokemon to shine.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Do we already know, if the pokemon box will work or trading with older games (lets go as example?)
    Since none of the starters grow on me atm, I wanted to start the game with farfetch, since I love his evo.
    3DS FC: 2707-2567-8190

I've been in favor of cuts from the start since nobody needs to catch Luvdisc for the 20th time or anything, but the slipshod fashion with which they seem to have been handled bodes poorly for the rest of the game. It definitely turns me off enough to make me consider just waiting on the inevitable third version.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I don't get the " I only use new Pokemon so I don't care about the cuts" sentiment, I think that is what most of us do anyway. Wanting all the Pokemon and "our" favorite ones is for post game or for the next playthroughs, I do catch Luvdisc 20 times if needed, I like to complete the dex every region, the game was also about that. It would be funny if they crapoped on the battle system make it like Pokemon GO or something, then the collect them all people will be like "oh I don't care about competitive battle, though luck guys".

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I've been in favor of cuts from the start since nobody needs to catch Luvdisc for the 20th time or anything, but the slipshod fashion with which they seem to have been handled bodes poorly for the rest of the game. It definitely turns me off enough to make me consider just waiting on the inevitable third version.
    So you were checking the news? Was curious about your opinion on Wooloo line
    Last edited by .access timeco.; November 5th, 2019 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I don't really understand why people assumed that Gamefreak was going to provide us a carefully curated list that did its best not to cut fan favorites.

This is the same company that removed the Battle Frontier, the PSS, The Underground, the Poketch's roaming Pokemon tracking system, the National Dex, Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, transfers between generations that don't rely on a soon-to-be-shut-down cloud service for no good reason (replace this with "transfers from games before gen 8" in three years), Pokemon Trials, difficulty choice, jerk rivals, skippable tutorials, O-Powers, Pokeball Plus functionality, Pokemon that walk behind the player, breeding etc...

They regularly remove features at random to make each game feel more unique, and don't seem to have a clue why it would be better to keep some features than others.

Well...I didn't get the worst of both worlds. I'm perfectly happy with the game we're getting. It's just another bog standard pokemon game, and that's fine by me.
    Yeah, but the last three bog standard Pokemon games have come with major caveats.
    X&Y had basically no story.
    Sun and Moon had horrible pacing issues, removed the National Dex, PSS, O-Powers and Victory Road.
    Sword and Shield is cutting most older Pokemon seemingly at random alongside all Megas and Z-Moves. It also costs 50% more.

I'm excited for most of the new mons I've seen ( except for the late term abortions that are silizzle and intelleon) and I can't wait to build a new team with them. Like I said before, I'm sure the roster of classic pokemon returning will change going forward, so it's not like those old teams are gone forever. But it's time for new pokemon to shine.
    Right now I like about half of them but a few are growing on me (I love the bubble 07 meme).
    Last edited by RoboBlue; November 5th, 2019 at 07:53 AM.

I always thought Vast Poni Canyon was supposed to be the Victory Road equivalent.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information