+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I just realized that Gen 6 was just X and Y.

Unless if you count ORAS.
    Remakes count for Gens and ORAS is in 6.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:

I'd totally run it
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

They really do need to bring back regional forms (it's such a cool feature, imho, especially if they do it on more than just Generation 1 Pokemon).

Galean forms of Unovan pokemon?

https://findingnature.co.uk/animals/

Can't find a list of just Great Britain, but the eagle makes me think of british braviary, and the deer of british deerling. There are a ton of mons already kinda there, Charjabug just needs a different color, the Herdier needs nothing more.

Have to check for myths and folklore, or cotas of arms. Like would you rather Galan Lapras or a new Loch Ness Mon.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Galean forms of Unovan pokemon?

https://findingnature.co.uk/animals/

Can't find a list of just Great Britain, but the eagle makes me think of british braviary, and the deer of british deerling. There are a ton of mons already kinda there, Charjabug just needs a different color, the Herdier needs nothing more.

Have to check for myths and folklore, or cotas of arms. Like would you rather Galan Lapras or a new Loch Ness Mon.
    Could also do a British regional variant of Snubbull and Granbull (since they are bulldogs), instead of adding entirely new bulldogs. Obviously... The new dog of Generation 8 is gonna be a Corgi.

Also. I think I said it yesterday, but, a Lion and a Unicorn are in the UK Coat of Arms (or something to do with the UK, something somewhat important) and folklore and myths I believe, so, I fully expect that (and a dragon, dragons are also in the folklore and such).
    Last edited by The Laughing Man; March 1st, 2019 at 05:15 AM.

Dog shows? The monster rancher parenting system but just with dog Mons, or a relatively small egg group. Or just a new dog of the field egg group that takes visual characteristics of it's non dog parent. The monster rancher thing but just for one mon.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

But yeah... It's looking like one of the major new mechanics is going to be...

Spoiler:
    Armored Evolution. There is stuff making mention of it in upcoming merchandising, some "leakers" and "rumor mills" who got aspects of the reveal correct mentioned it, and even subtle hints about it appear in the Sword & Shield reveal trailer.

Not sure how it's gonna be different than Mega Evolution, or how they will make it different, guess we just gotta wait and see the marketing trailer connected to the game is released for it.

Can we can talk of spoilers and leaks? Like I can't enforce it, I'm just proposing it. The smash news cycle left me a ton of distaste of leakers and the like.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Can we can talk of spoilers and leaks? Like I can't enforce it, I'm just proposing it. The smash news cycle left me a ton of distaste of leakers and the like.
    Yeah... Unfortunately, in this day and age, especially as you get closer and closer to the launch of a game, leaks get out of control.

The only thing I really plan to discuss / bring to the thread are the official video uploads and information that we are bound to get (like we got with Sun and Moon) from The Pokemon Company / Game Freak themselves.

What 2 (or 1, if they go the Generation 6 route) "Eeveevolutions" do you guys think we will get this generation (pretty sure they are bringing them back after missing Generation 7)?

I personally could see, as odd as it sounds, a Steel-type Eevee introduced, considering the amount of Steampunk and industrial emphasis is scattered throughout the region.

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    What 2 (or 1, if they go the Generation 6 route) "Eeveevolutions" do you guys think we will get this generation (pretty sure they are bringing them back after missing Generation 7)?

I personally could see, as odd as it sounds, a Steel-type Eevee introduced, considering the amount of Steampunk and industrial emphasis is scattered throughout the region.
    I think we've done with standard evolutions of older Pokemon, and we're just going to get variants from now on.

...but Steel-type sounds like a good guess. Maybe fighting too, I believe in the "Galar has a Sports/Soccer/Athletics theme" theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

All of the eevee evolutions have been from types that were "special" on the side of attack type before the split.

Fairy would have been definitelly special as most of it's attacks are, and the special side had one less than the physical side since forever.

Physical are: Normal, Fighting, Ghost, Ground, Rock, Steel, Bug, Flying, Poison
    Special are: Fire, Grass, Water, Electric, Ice, Psychic, Dark, Dragon, Fairy

It is very likely that Umbreon was going to be poison type, but got changed into dark as it was introduced, but under this logic, I'd bet for Drageon, Wyverneon, Drakeon.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It is very likely that Umbreon was going to be poison type, but got changed into dark as it was introduced, but under this logic, I'd bet for Drageon, Wyverneon, Drakeon.
    Leaked footage of Poiseon.

All of the eevee evolutions have been from types that were "special" on the side of attack type before the split.

Fairy would have been definitelly special as most of it's attacks are, and the special side had one less than the physical side since forever.

Physical are: Normal, Fighting, Ghost, Ground, Rock, Steel, Bug, Flying, Poison
    Special are: Fire, Grass, Water, Electric, Ice, Psychic, Dark, Dragon, Fairy

Something like this?

I wouldn't mind a flying type at all.

Of these, my favorite is the ground eon.

I dislike the but-wings of bug eon.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The Gold and Silver beta confirmed that Umbreon was originally intended to be poison, but it wasn't immediately changed after dark had been programmed in.
    GS was planned to have a psychic, poison and grass Eeveelution trio.

so do you guys think this will be another Pokemon game by the books... you know get a starter, name your rival something stupid (we all did it as kids don't deny it), face 8 gym leaders, fight evil criminal organization, fight elite four, become champion, hunt down legendaries etc.

or

will they throw away the formula and try to spice things up like Mario Odyssey and Zelda Breath of the wild?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    so do you guys think this will be another Pokemon game by the books... you know get a starter, name your rival something stupid (we all did it as kids don't deny it), face 8 gym leaders, fight evil criminal organization, fight elite four, become champion, hunt down legendaries etc.

or

will they throw away the formula and try to spice things up like Mario Odyssey and Zelda Breath of the wild?
    By the books. If they wanted to REALLY shake things up, they would have made it clear in the first trailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

They already tried "shaking things up" in Sun/Moon, and that didn't go over very well.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information