+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield

You know, Lapras BST is within the starter range and you know people always asked for it to get a pre-evo...

I'm really not feeling the water starter Pokémon which seems to be the opposite of everyone else's opinion lol (well he still has 2 more forms)

The starters look too samey.

OH, FU... YES! Grookey's french name actually acknowledges it as based on a marmoset... I thought I was just wishfully seeing the similarities (since a marmoset pokémon was the top thing of my pokémon wishlist), but now I can call it a day. I got what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    The starters look too samey.
    Yeah, they all have round heads and the same kinds of noses, their eyes are all very similar. Practically the same kind of legs and feet, and same facial expression on all of them.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I knew something seemed familiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

OMG. OMG.OMG

I missed the past two generations - could never buy a 3DS or the games cuz i just didn't have the money which always had to go elsewhere *cries*
    This time i will not miss out. I will get this game no matter. It loooks amaaaazzzing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Its based on the UK
    Expect a lot of rainy weather in the game, especially as you go further north in this new region.

Now for the question that really matters. Is it going to be open world themed? The tagline seems to imply it will, but maybe I'm overthinking.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

I want the rival to start friendly but to be an act and be a true asshole. I'm done with Hau/Serena/Tierno/Ceren/Bianca/Wally.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Now for the question that really matters. Is it going to be open world themed? The tagline seems to imply it will, but maybe I'm overthinking.
    Don't think it's gonna be fully open world, maybe semi-open world.

Actually... I think the routes, cities and such are just gonna be the biggest and most complex they've been, but the game itself won't be open world.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh! Thought I would bring up a theory I've heard floated around:

This "chalk man" I've heard some people say it's another Meltan / Melmetal form--it's "true" / final form--because it has a single eye on it's head, seemingly, like Meltan / Melmetal, and, the little things below it, the little figures, look like Melmetals; Meltan / Melmetal will play a biggish part in the regions lore / legendaries basically.

I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest. It pretty much looks like an update to the 3DS games. Graphics are alright but not really impressive. We still have fixed camera and random encounters.
    Not like i was expecting them to be on the level of Zelda BotW or Mario Odyssey. But there was always the hope to be surprised.
    I like the visual style of the world though.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

I was hoping for updates to the gameplay. Not so much the battling or catching aspect, but the actual exploration and discovery of the world. It'd be a good opportunity to add some easy, but fun platforming or something like that. Also, though I know I'll be disappointed, I'm hoping that we'll be able to visit Unova after the story. I only dare hope for this because they said this was to be the biggest and best game yet.
    Last edited by andre; June 27th, 2019 at 09:05 PM.

Unova? Nah give me pokeireland.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Please bring back the Poke Rides from Sun and Moon.

Don't obligue me to have someone with Surf AND Waterfall on my team.

I'd be sad if they removed pokemonamie or Pokemon refresh, maybe remove the "antidotes are useless" aspect, or make it so that you use up your healing items by the grooming mechanic for a boost of happiness or friendship.

It is kind of lame that only Sylveon evolves like that. Better way to do friendship than the other one.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I'd be sad if they removed pokemonamie or Pokemon refresh, maybe remove the "antidotes are useless" aspect, or make it so that you use up your healing items by the grooming mechanic for a boost of happiness or friendship.

It is kind of lame that only Sylveon evolves like that. Better way to do friendship than the other one.
    Pretty sure they will keep PokemonAmie (along with Character Customization and no HMs).

Also!

My guess on the gyms, from just looking at the map (in no real order mind you):

--A Grass-type Gym (this will be the first Gym of the game)
    --A Steel-type Gym (this is in the steampunk looking city, the first major city located closest to your home town)
    --A Water-type Gym (this is in the town / city that looks like it's on a giant pier over the water / ocean)
    --A Rock-type Gym (in that town / city with the Dugtrio carving on the hill / mountain face, this was, imho, shown yesterday in the trailer during the fight with the Tyranitar)
    --A Ice-type Gym (in that town / city that had all the snow falling and ice covering it, duh)
    --A Fairy-type Gym (in that town / city above that town / city I said holds the Rock-type Gym, the town / city that looks like it's in a mushroom / mystical forest)
    --A Dragon-type Gym (in that 2nd major city that looks...pretty evil, but, mostly looks like a city based on a giant castle; located in the middle of the map)
    --A Electric-type Gym (located in the 3rd and final major city in the farthest point North; the Elite Four / Champion is probably also here with how massive it is)

Amie has been in two gens, character customization skipped one, and pokerides are from one and a half, even some features that most people like (follower Mon, no random encounters) get dropped.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I was kind of hoping for something with a little bit more of that BotW and Dragon Quest freedom in it... but guided paths and trainers along those paths are what they are I guess.

Just judging from what we can see anyway with how the tall grass is specifically clumped like its always been. Also, the one thing GO did right was have you able to see what you were about to battle, rather than it being random... Dragon Quest and Nino Kuni and Final Fantasy stopped having complete random battles ages ago... and even Pokemon seemed to have learned the lesson. Wanna be able to spot a thing from the corner of my eye and go after it, not just root around in the same patch of grass forever hoping to find a new thing. Take away the random encounter, but keep the battling.

Of course, this is all just judging from the first trailer, the actual stuff may be a bit more open, we'll see.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Amie has been in two gens, character customization skipped one, and pokerides are from one and a half, even some features that most people like (follower Mon, no random encounters) get dropped.
    Character Customization didn't skip a generation. It was in Generation 6 (X and Y, wasn't in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire because they were remakes with set trainer appearances) and 7 (Sun & Moon, and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, wasn't in Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee, because, again, they were remakes with set trainer appearances more or less).

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I was kind of hoping for something with a little bit more of that BotW and Dragon Quest freedom in it... but guided paths and trainers along those paths are what they are I guess.

Just judging from what we can see anyway with how the tall grass is specifically clumped like its always been. Also, the one thing GO did right was have you able to see what you were about to battle, rather than it being random... Dragon Quest and Nino Kuni and Final Fantasy stopped having complete random battles ages ago... and even Pokemon seemed to have learned the lesson. Wanna be able to spot a thing from the corner of my eye and go after it, not just root around in the same patch of grass forever hoping to find a new thing. Take away the random encounter, but keep the battling.

Of course, this is all just judging from the first trailer, the actual stuff may be a bit more open, we'll see.
    I am somewhat gonna miss Pokemon being seen in the overworld, but apparently, there is a subset of people who don't (because they say it takes away from the "enjoyment of new encounters, knowing what you're gonna get before hand).

The real reason they "cut it" is probably because the game world is bigger, more complex and detailed, and dense than Let's Go + it could be the reason Pokemon seemingly don't follow you...again. It's probably too resource intensive to include all these things, especially when it's clear they are using the same engine the Nintendo eShop game TOWN (another game they developed, which is so obvious a test for the engine they are primarly going to use on Switch starting with Pokemon Sword and Shield) is using. Not a bad engine, because TOWN holds up pretty well, but still...

Follower mon got dropped for performance issues. They had walk cycles for everything for the 3DS games, but given how those already chugged the hardware, it makes sense that it was left out. I can't imagine it'd be a hardware issue *now* but...

It had to be a really late in development decision too since they did walk cycles for EVERYTHING, not just like the starters, and it was in the game enough to be datamined. (And prior to them being cg models, just doing that extra handful of sprites for every character, front, back, side, and 4 frames each was just a huge development time burden)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information