+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    How did a game for kids that I grew up with associated with my blissfully innocent childhood of discovery
    now get associated with shitty communities.
    Have you never been in a fandom before? They all do that.

From Harry Potter to Sonic to My Little Pony, they ALL get bad if they've gone on long enough and gotten big enough.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I blame the human monkey brain. Tribe is good. Change to tribe is bad. New members to tribe is bad. Members who question tribe are bad. Members who don't question tribe also bad.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Now I know how will I avoid sword and shield spoilers, the infestation of "bring back the national Dex" has killed any interest I had in keeping up with the news.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Now I know how will I avoid sword and shield spoilers, the infestation of "bring back the national Dex" has killed any interest I had in keeping up with the news.
    Same here. I will just limit myself to watch the trailers Nintendo will release and be done with it.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Honestly surprised there isn't more outrage in this thread. Attacking Gamefreak and Masuda is obviously wrong, but I'm glad to see this is hopefully the straw that broke the camel's back.

Each game adds features, and then the next removes them. Gamefreaks desire to create unique experiences really takes away the fun. Mega evolutions, z-moves, triple and rotation battles, fucking seasons, day and night at one point, following pokemon (returned for Let's Go but removed again), contests, and of course even post game, are all features that were once in the game that have been removed. I honestly don't think I follow another franchise that removes so much in between installments as Pokemon. I mean, all this hype over Dynamaxing, and we all know it'll be gone by Gen 9 anyway!

Remember, Masuda removed the Battle Frontier in ORAS because kids today are too distracted by smart phones and they didn't want anyone to be too challenged by the game and have too much content for those kids distracted by their damn phones.

I think this is all just pent up aggression over years of just... why? This game is on the same console as Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, fucking Doom and Witcher 3 - all downgrades considered - run on this system. Pokemon should look like Dragon Quest does, or it should still be dealing with sprites, because damn do a lot of Gamefreaks sprites have more character than their 3D models. Look at that Dynamax scene, the one where the Steelix just decides to pop in. How is that acceptable in 2019? Or the tree that looks like a 1 to 1 tribute to Ocarina of Time?

By the way, wasn't the reason X and Y were a little devoid of content because Gamefreak was future-proofing their models, you know, in anticipation of this problem? I don't understand how the 3DS had no problem with every single Pokemon ever, and all of their forms, but an extra 70-100 suddenly does them in on stronger hardware? Again, I'd understand the limitations if the games didn't simply look like Sun and Moon with an HD texture pack. I mean, look at PBR - the game has livelier attack and damage animations than SwSh, and that game came out two consoles ago! But double kick on the switch is still just an animated foot.

The solution, of course, is really simple in my mind: more spin offs. But The Pokemon Company seems to prefer the free but not free mobile market. Before, if you didn't like the main game, you had at least a few different spin-offs with different gameplay.

Gamefreak themselves recently said they're prioritizing their original games now. Why not let it go? Why not let another company do it? Why not have Monolith help out like they did with BotW?

This is the biggest media franchise in the world, and even if it doesn't all come from the games, surely TPC, Gamefreak, and Nintendo could do more, do better.

But I've had the game pre-ordered since the second I could so what the fuck do I know.

What exactly is the problem with the hashtag? unless people are being rude to Masuda, Ohmori or anyone else, what is the problem with protesting with the hashtag? its fine and a valid way to protest besides not giving them our money.

I'm still most likely going to buy the game myself because I'm a Pokemon addict since I was 9 and I probably won't control myself (well I didn't buy USUM, but this is a new gen), but they finally removed something from the game(like they do every gen) that pissed me off. I hope this protest keeps going and the sales to reflect the disappointment of the fandom.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Got a problem: the other day I wanted to check out my Omega Ruby copy what’s inside. While Poké Bank can read the data and transfer from the cartridge to bank I can not boot up the game itself on the 3DS. The console doesn’t read or recognize it.
    Basically I cannot enter my team now or the Battle Box.
    Or take the stuff/event mons from the delivery guy .

Any suggestions if it’s possible to fix somehow? At least one time to put everything in boxes to transfer to bank
    3DS FC: 0903-2798-9958
    PSN: H3kt1
    My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw...yK6eHc5FiDIEOw

Quote Originally Posted by Hekti View Post
    Got a problem: the other day I wanted to check out my Omega Ruby copy what’s inside. While Poké Bank can read the data and transfer from the cartridge to bank I can not boot up the game itself on the 3DS. The console doesn’t read or recognize it.
    Basically I cannot enter my team now or the Battle Box.
    Or take the stuff/event mons from the delivery guy .

Any suggestions if it’s possible to fix somehow? At least one time to put everything in boxes to transfer to bank
    Is it possible that the game is from a different region than your 3DS?

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    What exactly is the problem with the hashtag? unless people are being rude to Masuda, Ohmori or anyone else, what is the problem with protesting with the hashtag? its fine and a valid way to protest besides not giving them our money.

I'm still most likely going to buy the game myself because I'm a Pokemon addict since I was 9 and I probably won't control myself (well I didn't buy USUM, but this is a new gen), but they finally removed something from the game(like they do every gen) that pissed me off. I hope this protest keeps going and the sales to reflect the disappointment of the fandom.
    There's nothing wrong with the hashtag. A few people here are angry that some anti-Dexit people are being assholes on Reddit, and there was some more general complaining about gamers being entitled.

I'm not buying the games unless something changes, personally.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; June 19th, 2019 at 11:24 PM.

I wasn't having any issues with the game details so far myself, but a friend did hit me with 1 thing I hadn't thought about yet. As a $60 pokemon game, haven't seen anything yet that's gonna make the price increase feel ok. Gonna start feeling annoying if it's just "Normal Pokemon Game" length with extra online features or junk.

It's $60 because it's on Switch. Don't get your hopes up.

Though is also true they called it the "grandest title". Just looking at the maps is enough for me to tell that the landscapes are vast, and the cities are full of life.

And GF insists on denying it, but I'm sure they'll release some DLC after the game launches.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

No offence, but I'm pretty sure Gamefreak (and most companies) always hypes up their next product as "the biggest/best/grandest/largest one yet!"

That sort of marketing hype rarely does anything for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Though is also true they called it the "grandest title". Just looking at the maps is enough for me to tell that the landscapes are vast, and the cities are full of life.

And GF insists on denying it, but I'm sure they'll release some DLC after the game launches.
    I wouldn't be so sure. They certainly should start making DLC, but the business model has been second versions and consumer response has never given them any reason to stop.

I have never bought a second version or remake, even when they were the improved or definitive versions like with B&W 2 or GH/SS.

Now with the reactions to US/UM and ORAS even less motivation. I am very tired of the bullshit to add new shit to the later versions, but make that battle scene it's own, instead of patching the one before.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I have never bought a second version or remake, even when they were the improved or definitive versions like with B&W 2 or GH/SS.

Now with the reactions to US/UM and ORAS even less motivation. I am very tired of the bullshit to add new shit to the later versions, but make that battle scene it's own, instead of patching the one before.
    That's the issue with Pokemon. They haven't moved much with the rest of gaming, even in ways that would make sense, and they've had no reason to since all of the games sell like crazy. $50 dollar mew should have raised more eyebrows than it did, and it would have if something similar happened with any other game series.

Yeah, not like I have hope or expect it to be bigger. Point I meant to make was, with all the issues people are having, the biggest one to me is "Why should I spend 20 extra dollars on a normal 3ds pokemon title?" Just being on the switch isn't an acceptable reason and that's why I skipped Let's Go. Graphics upgrades and extra online functions don't mean much to me either, so the only way I can be happy with it is if they break that mold and make the game a bit longer/bigger than your standard pokemon length. I guess I'm old enough that the extra money isn't actually an issue anymore, but I'm still really stingy with games and always dwell on if the game meets my price tag standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post
    Yeah, not like I have hope or expect it to be bigger. Point I meant to make was, with all the issues people are having, the biggest one to me is "Why should I spend 20 extra dollars on a normal 3ds pokemon title?" Just being on the switch isn't an acceptable reason and that's why I skipped Let's Go. Graphics upgrades and extra online functions don't mean much to me either, so the only way I can be happy with it is if they break that mold and make the game a bit longer/bigger than your standard pokemon length. I guess I'm old enough that the extra money isn't actually an issue anymore, but I'm still really stingy with games and always dwell on if the game meets my price tag standards.
    Compared to the crap that comes out nowadays Pokemon is one of the best values in gaming. Do you normally just play until you see the credits and then never go back to it? The games are as long as you make it and for the most part are replayable (I skipped Let's Go as well so idk about those) Again, relative to any games on any platforms, the 40 dollar Pokemon games were highway robbery in my opinion. 60 isn't a huge deal at all, especially if you're a fan of the series. Now on the other hand, the people on the fence are going to be holding on a price drop for a very long time. Yeah...it's gonna be full price for like 2 years like all the other Pokemon games lol

Huh, good point. It's just a little weird to think, "Pokemon has always been worth 60 bucks and it's just been a deal all these years," instead of "If it's ultimately the same length as the previous ones, why should I pay 20 more dollars for it?" Once I start seeing new pokemon I like, I can probably get behind thinking that way.

BW2 was actually a straight up sequel as opposed to a remake. THe characters, story and route were completely different, following up on the previous game, some of the gyms changed entirely, and a large part of the map got covered in ice.

That might be why they're the only numbered games in the series.

If all the midquels were like that in terms of changes I'd have no real complaints.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Is it possible that the game is from a different region than your 3DS?
    No both from Germany. Didn’t had problems before but the last time I played ORAS was a year ago.
    3DS FC: 0903-2798-9958
    PSN: H3kt1
    My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw...yK6eHc5FiDIEOw

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information