+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    I'm not happy about the limited transfer thing. I'm one of those silly guys who has a living dex because they love catching 'em all and reading all the dex entries.
    I hope this is just a temporary thing and they'll patch in the ability to transfer all Pokemon later. I have a Greninja that I really want to bring forward with me.
    I mean... if it has a dex entry, you can use it. It's just different from Sun/Moon where you could use anything regardless of it being in the game's pokédex.

I want to keep all the shinies I painstakingly bred, EV-trained, and taught moves to, as well as my original teams to beat the game, but I don't really need to use them again. Knowing they're safe somewhere, and may one day be transferable and rendered using the awesome graphics of some future game, is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    I don't think it's completely terrible. My gut says that many forgettable Pokemon are going to be excluded. Who's really going to care if there isn't a Chatot or a Relicanth? And if you had to look up either of those, point proven lol.
    EVERYTHING is someone's favorite. Somewhere out there someone is annoyed that Purugly doesn't ever show up. And a bunch of things didn't show up in S&M or Ultra at all unless you traded, like basic non aloan versions of mons, bellsprout, skitty, pidove, etc. Even something like Wobbafett that still shows up in the anime regularly was left out! There were 246 mons that could ONLY be obstained through trading with old gens, (And more than that in original SM) so its not a new thing.... and the bank couldn't transfer them forward when the game first came out so there was a wait on those things. But them specifically saying they're locking some out and you cant play them AT ALL is.

Keeping the full roster is untenable at this point if they're going to keep doing new gens every three years, even with reused assets, because even just sheer moveset balancing is a complete chore over a roster of that size, let alone the graphic side of things... but if they cant do full updates on everything they can at least include them in the post game, where it matters a little less if they haven't been given quite as much polish.

Also, "gotta catch em all" became really moot after online trading became a thing. Aside from the legendaries, you can get basically anything reasonable for something else reasonable, its not the task it once was aside from sheer count.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Oh man imagine if ditto is not in the game, RIP competitive play lol.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

It would only take extra steeps to build a dad in gen 7 with the "legit" dittos, and then pass him forward to do the same job. It would take longer, but then there's the whole bottle cap thing that already did the same job.

Besides, ever since gen 6 mons needed the region native symbol in order to participate in online competitions.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

This ruined my day, the thing I've done every gen is complete the Dex I like battling, but the game is also about collecting the pokemon, I don't really hate on any pokemon, but even if my favorites at least are in the game someone else favorite won't, this is just disappointing and I was enjoying everything that was coming out related to the game.

They also said this will be the way they will act moving forward, so in Gen 9 you also won't have all the pokemon.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I mean... if it has a dex entry, you can use it. It's just different from Sun/Moon where you could use anything regardless of it being in the game's pokédex.

I want to keep all the shinies I painstakingly bred, EV-trained, and taught moves to, as well as my original teams to beat the game, but I don't really need to use them again. Knowing they're safe somewhere, and may one day be transferable and rendered using the awesome graphics of some future game, is good enough.
    I'm just not as confident as you are about the Pokemon definitely being transferable to a future game.
    If nothing else, my most willing compromise would be for Pokemon Home to have a proper National Dex, where you can view actual 3D models (preferably in motion), read dex entries, and hear their cries.
    I'm not a competitive trainer, but I love thinking of the Pokemon world as though it were full of expansive ecosystems. I don't want that magic to be permanently lost.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

I think they will release “non Galar” mons as special event raids so they have stuff to keep the post game ... let’s say fresh and entertaining
    3DS FC: 0903-2798-9958
    PSN: H3kt1
    My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw...yK6eHc5FiDIEOw

I'm pretty sure at least legendaries and starters will get that treatment and/or be given through events. They just said you can't transfer non-Galar pokemon from Home, but you should still be able to get them through events, breed and trade away. Sadly having hundreds of pokemon being inserted like that is unthinkable.

Of course, any of those methods would require GF to stop their mindset of never patching new content into games since supposedly none of those pokemon would be already coded in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I'm pretty sure at least legendaries and starters will get that treatment and/or be given through events. They just said you can't transfer non-Galar pokemon from Home, but you should still be able to get them through events, breed and trade away. Sadly having hundreds of pokemon being inserted like that is unthinkable.

Of course, any of those methods would require GF to stop their mindset of never patching new content into games since supposedly none of those pokemon would be already coded in the game.
    Yeah I doubt it also. The third version probably adds a few more pokemon at least, but that is about it.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Thanks YouTube recommendations

That music choice is fantastic.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post

Thanks YouTube recommendations
    lol. What was that supposed to be?

The outrage is starting to get out of hand. Now is not just people being mildly upset, they are making calls for boycott and even sending threatening letters, some really disgusting. And is not even a feature or a mechanic, nothing that ruins the game. They are just... furious they cannot bring their op Landorus.

Sometimes I'm ashamed of being part of this community.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    And is not even a feature or a mechanic, nothing that ruins the game. They are just... furious they cannot bring their op Landorus.

...Some may indeed be a bit over-the-top outraged, but you're not exactly being particularly understanding towards the other side here either. I for one enjoy the occasional playthrough with some silly gimmick team, and having a significant portion of the National Dex not even exist in the game will inevitably hamper my ability to do so. Plus, it's hardly just "their OP Landorus". Personally I'm just worried that I won't be able to go into battle with a Dynamaxed Rowlet. Because sometimes I just want to destroy my opponents with a gigantic mega fluffy owl. And heck, compared to others I've probably got it fairly good because the starters might all be deemed "iconic" enough to make it in there somehow... But every Pokémon is someone's favorite, and there's inevitably going to be quite a few people who are disappointed when their favorite Pokémon is forever locked off from this game. Oh sure, said Pokémon is likely going to make a reappearance in a later game, but... honestly, to me at least, the fact that my team can be whatever I want it to be has always been a massive part of Pokémon's appeal, and even though we've seen plenty to indicate that Sword & Shield will still have a lot of options... If I can't build my team of floofy Pokémon led by a gigantic Rowlet, I will definitely be somewhat saddened by that.
    Last edited by Lord Starfish; June 13th, 2019 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Little known fact: "Opinions" and "Opponents" are the same thing, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    The outrage is starting to get out of hand. Now is not just people being mildly upset, they are making calls for boycott and even sending threatening letters, some really disgusting. And is not even a feature or a mechanic, nothing that ruins the game. They are just... furious they cannot bring their op Landorus.

You're making it sound like people are completely out of line for wanting every Pokemon in the game. Sure there are idiots out there who go to far but the majority of the fans are just upset and unhappy. For a good reason i'd say.
    They say they can't include every Pokemon because of the high quality animation? And because it's too much work? I mean ... i can't judge how much work it really is but so far we haven't seen any of these "high quality animations". Scorbunny did not look very impressive with it's stiff Double Kick jump f. e.
    And the models are straight up taken from the 3DS version and improved. It's not like they had to create them from scratch.
    And why not let a third party work on including the old mons? It can't be a matter of money. Pokemon is one of the most succesful franchises ever.

Personally i'm just disappointed but i understand why fans are angry and i'm glad they show their dissatisfaction (in a civilised manner of course). I don't know even want to know how people will react when they learn they can't import their favourites.
    We love our favourite Pokemon and of course we want to take them with us into the new games. I think Gamefreak really underestimated how important they are too us.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

To paraphrase a user on another forum I read, I can certainly understand the dismay, but not necessarily (some) of the outrage, since I've been thinking for a while myself that something was going to have to give as we steadily lurched ever closer to the big one-hundred-oh in the HD era. But that said, Masuda and co. are certainly no spin masters, and announcing this right on the heels of Home can easily be seen as a kick in the teeth and I'm sympathetic to that. Not so much the widespread narrative that Game Freak is cackling to themselves like Snidely Whiplash while consigning poor Stantler or whoever to the dustbin for being "unworthy".

That said, I would gladly sacrifice Dynamaxing in a heartbeat if it meant getting every last Pokémon and Forme in the game. I don't think we need a new battling gimmick every single generation, especially something as out-there as gigantification.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I mean as someone who was miffed there was no National Dex in Sun despite me having a LIVING DEX in the game....this might be annoying to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Starfish View Post
    Personally I'm just worried that I won't be able to go into battle with a Dynamaxed Rowlet. Because sometimes I just want to destroy my opinions with a gigantic mega fluffy owl.
    Well shit your opinions must be really bad to want to wipe them out that badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Well shit your opinions must be really bad to want to wipe them out that badly.
    ...Wow. My amazing ability to most definitely proofread the things I write for sure yo strikes again. That was obviously meant to be "opponents".

I saw PLENTY of people complaining about this and not a single time I saw someone complaining because the competitive aces (like Landorus) will not be in. People are worried about their favorites not being in the game and that's totally understandable.

In absolutely any game you'll see people mad when their favorite don't make it to the roster, and even if they are not mad they may just feel like it is not worth putting money on it (many times I completely skipped a game because my favorite characters were not included). Now imagine this on a franchise that for over 20 years built itself on the notion of having 'em all. After 20 years giving something as part of the core experience, you go and take it out. The outrage is completely deserved. This is much bigger than removing a "feature or a mechanic", this is the removal of one of the linchpins of the games.

And to make things worse, Masuda came out and blatantly lied when he justified the choice saying things like "we had to do every model from scratch" - when any person with one look can tell those are the same models they are using since XY.
    They could have looked for better reasons to give (they mentioned balance, which is a bad reason given how they handled it in the past, but at least it doesn't come out as an obvious lie), but giving one that is immediately identified as an outrageous lie definitely added insult to injury so the backlash is well deserved - and have the fandom unite under a legitimate complaint to ask for better a quality product is not something bad.

That said, threats and personal attacks are completely unjustified. I mean, we don't even know how much guilt GF itself had given the fact Pokémon is a franchise that encompass a lot more than just them (and even if we did, still unjustified).
    Last edited by .access timeco.; June 13th, 2019 at 07:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information