+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield

Adorable astonished, while contemplating its enemies demise. TeamfuckingSobble!
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Reposting the map from the previous thread, courtesy of Cyan.

Hidden:

So if it is great britain upside down, you start in Scotland?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

That's clearly Cornwall on the northwest end (and Isle of Man off to the right?), but the mountains and the wall up north are probably meant to invoke Scotland.

It looks like the cities/outline might be inverted but the terrain isn't.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Actually... My main choice is gonna be the Water-type Chameleon (little dude has really grown on me after closer analysis). Monkey is runner up, but still, gotta see more.

Curious what they will evolve into, what their sub-typing is going to be (I think it's VERY likely that that rabbit is going to be Fire/Fighting, it's been 2 generations without one afterall, which means the Chameleon is going to either be Water/Psychic (probably the likely choice) or Water/Flying (no way) or Water/Fairy (possibly, but we had that last generation)).

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Actually... My main choice is gonna be the Water-type Chameleon (little dude has really grown on me after closer analysis). Monkey is runner up, but still, gotta see more.

Curious what they will evolve into, what their sub-typing is going to be (I think it's VERY likely that that rabbit is going to be Fire/Fighting, it's been 2 generations without one afterall, which means the Chameleon is going to either be Water/Psychic (probably the likely choice) or Water/Flying (no way) or Water/Fairy (possibly, but we had that last generation)).
    Water/dragon is also being speculated.

I realize something, I know shit about great britain. Where is Walles in poke-britain?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I realize something, I know shit about great britain. Where is Walles in poke-britain?
    Either the mushroom forest place off to the left or the big tan building in the snow.

Or inaccessible mountains.

What excites me the most about this new gen is the tag line: "Forge a Path to Greatness", and the fact they said that this new set of games is mainly headed to us veterans.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway

On japanese version, Grookey is a "Infant/Small Monkey Pokémon". Much better. I mean... does GF even know what a chimp looks like?
    The others are the same (Rabbit and Water Lizard).

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm pretty hyped, not only for the launch of the game later this year, but, for the marketing cycle (i.e. it's probably going to be similar to Sun & Moon, so we will probably be getting videos once a month until launch introducing new Pokemon, introducing new mechanics, 1, of which, is already rumored by a "leaker", showing returning mechanics (hopefully regional variants), showing off more of the region etc. etc).
    I was wondering about that myself. I was thinking about following the reveals only up to the starters (it happened to be on the very first reveal, so...) and for once in my life actually play a pokémon game not knowing at least 90% of the new pokémon/characters/mechanics in advance. It seems resisting the reveals would be easier if I started as soon as possible so right now would be the best time.

On the other hand, S&M "marketing cycle" was ridiculously fun and kept the hype for the game as high as possible the whole time and playing the games was still the best experience I had with a Pokémon game since Blue regardless of that. It was like the fun I had with the game not only wasn't diminished by the endless reveals, but instead was stretched and started many months before I could actually play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post

Spoiler:
    If we get a Bunny reference I'll consider this intentional.

Spoiler:
    Especially if it knows Explosion

I can't decide between the water and fire starters. I'm actually tempted to buy both versions..but it's probably better to wait for the inevitable sequels. Or better yet, I can get Pokebank again(which is hopefully free with the internet service) and start a new game with the other starter.

Has Fire Fairy happened yet? I'd like that as a starter. Scorbunny could take a weird turn like Popplio, you never know.

Water Dragon would be cool. Also I'm throwing out the possibility of the patch on the rabbit's nose eventually becoming steel plating on a sleek armor based evolution.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

We might be getting some kind of racing dog Pokemon, possibly Electric-type, going by a logo that appears inside the soccer stadium.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

I'm expecting a:

--Teacup / Teapot evolution line (either Water/Fire, or, Water/Fairy)
    --An evolution line that has to do with a clock (Pure Steel-type or Steel/something, obviously)
    --Some Pokemon or Pokemon line that takes inspirations from Leprechauns.
    --A Unicorn psuedo-legendary or legendary, a Lion psuedo-legendary or legendary, and of course, a Dragon psuedo-legendary or legendary (these 3 beasts are important to UK legend and tales)
    --A Pokemon line (or lines) to have to do with bands or music (since the UK is very well known for that kind of stuff)
    --A bulldog Pokemon, a new one, other than Granbul and/or a sheep Pokemon other than the Ampharos line
    --A new beetle Bug-type Pokemon line, since the UK has so many fucking beetles.

At first I thought I would go for Fire-bunny, but looking at that lizard it's hard for me to decide now.

All I'll say is that there better be a damn Loch Ness pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    At first I thought I would go for Fire-bunny, but looking at that lizard it's hard for me to decide now.

All I'll say is that there better be a damn Loch Ness pokemon.
    Why not we need another PKMN sitting in a lake that's also rare :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information