+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield

Honestly I think both of those box legendaries are horrendously ugly and lazily designed. But Sword's is less atrocious by a decent margin. Still feels like the result of Entei fucking a Stoutland, getting put on a diet, and then being sent to the worst pet stylist they could find.

The worst part is that if Pokemon existed, and british dog breeders got their hands on legendaries, they would make that.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Touché ...

Plot twist: AZ is a dynamaxed human

I can't wait for retailers to be fresh out of Pokemon Swords but the Shields are fully stocked.

Out of all the new mons shown, which are you guys most interested in?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Out of all the new mons shown, which are you guys most interested in?
    The reveal of the Corgi pokemon.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    The reveal of the Corgi pokemon.
    corviknight and drednaw have definite places on my team already.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

For those who don't want to read the leaks in its entirety and just want some specific information:

- New pokémon:
    Spoiler:
    Pamper, an electric corgi. Chipmunks called Skwovet and Greedunt or something like that. Also a blue seagull.

- Starter evolutions:
    Spoiler:
    Scorbunny becomes a humanoid fighter, gets many fighting moves but remains pure Fire. The middle stage is called Raboot. Sobble evolves into Sizzile and then Intelleon, remains a chameleon and has a spy theme. Grookey evolves into a gorilla with a drum

- New legendary:
    Spoiler:
    Eternatus, apparently the third legendary and apparently villainous.

- New Gym leaders:
    Spoiler:
    Milo (Grass) is the first, followed by Nessa, then Kabu (types not revealed). The fourth is an actress called Opal (Fairy).

- New NPC:
    Spoiler:
    Your other rivals beside Hop you will Bede and Marnie.

- New Team:
    Spoiler:
    Team Yell. They support Marnie.

- New mechanics:
    Spoiler:
    Each Gym will require you to pass a challenge first. Similar to Dynamax, there is Gigantamax that changes the appearance of certain pokémon, examples are Meowth (becomes long), Lapras (get music notes on its shell), Pikachu (looks like old school fat Pikachu)

- New information regarding old pokémon:
    Spoiler:
    The leaker mention regional evolutions. Unclear if he actually meant regional variations, but he mentions Farfetch'd becoming Sirfetch'd (could be an actual name or he just nicknamed the form like that) and Meowth looking like a "ball of spiky gray fur"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post

Sonia looks like Athena from Ace Attorney. Presumably she's busy doing part time stuff to make ends meet until Ace Attorney 7 is properly announced.
    That was a low blow fam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Everyone keeps oohing and aahhing over the new sheep, but dude, have you all forgotten Mareep?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    That's too funny, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I like shield wolf! Just... I wrote sword wielding wolf into a story years ago before everyone else started doing it! I'm attached to the idea.

But if EVERYONE is going for sword I might do shield after all. Defender tank really is my style.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who likes these legendaries. No, they're not the best, but I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    I can't wait for retailers to be fresh out of Pokemon Swords but the Shields are fully stocked.
    This is why we do first-day shipment pre-order from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Everyone keeps oohing and aahhing over the new sheep, but dude, have you all forgotten Mareep?
    Which kinda sorta doesn't look like a sheep with those weird horn like ears and tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I was hoping to get the evolutions for the starters but I'm still happy with what we got

The giant pokemon battles are gonna be interesting... Adds a new layer of strategy to the battles

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    For those who don't want to read the leaks in its entirety and just want some specific information:

- New pokémon:
    Spoiler:
    Pamper, an electric corgi.
    DONE!!! I'M IN!!!! Take my money now Gamefreak!!! Instant favorite new pokemon and will be a main on my team. LUNA YOU'RE A POKEMON NOW!!!!!!

Yes I happen to have that particular kind of animal in my household. She runs my life.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

I liked the legends, they kind of feel like part of a legendary trio they don't have that "majestic" vibe, but I like both designs.

Spoiler:
    Seems the Chipmink appears in the trailer.

I hope the leaker wasn't trolling about my boy Farfetch'd getting an evolution.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

I hate to admit, but I'm starting to like Swordoggo. Well, maybe not like, but at least "not dislike".

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I was hoping to get the evolutions for the starters but I'm still happy with what we got

The giant pokemon battles are gonna be interesting... Adds a new layer of strategy to the battles
    If they follow the same schedule as for the last generations, we should only get the starters middle stage in october, late september at best.

I actually like the legendaries, too. It probably helps that they're wolves. They're not the absolute best designs ever made, but as far as legendaries go (and then if we want to add UBs... LOL. UBs were terrible.) they're among the better designs, IMO.

They showed more in the second trailer for SW/SH than in the first four trailers for S/M. Gamefreak is really going all out.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

There are some pretty lame legendaries but I can't think of a worse pair of box legendaries. Gen 5 probably comes the closest. 4 also aesthetically doesn't do it for me. It doesn't help that Solgaleo, while not really high on my list, does the "big beast with a giant mane" thing 100x better. I've seen people call these new ones "overdesigned," and I think that's a good term for it. There are other legendaries/UBs that I don't really like, but I can usually still appreciate what they were going for despite it not being my style. Here it's just ugh.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information