Tyrantrum
    Krookodile
    Starmie
    Gardevoir
    Braviary
    Magneton
    Scrafty
    Chandelure

I've used those fellas extensively in one Gen or another over the years, sometimes across multiple ones. They've served me well.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield

Potential Pokemon Leaks:
    Spoiler:
    - Starters final evolutions are pure grass/fire/water types but can be changed through a new system called spirit armor into grass+fairy/fire+fighting/water+ghost.
    -Spirit armor system works like adding some new additional effects such as the burn or freeze status condition.
    - There are lots of different armors to collect and they don't occupy the item slot. They have their own.
    - Special spirit armor can change forms of some pokemon like the starters, Mewtwo and Meltan.
    - The legendary Pokemon is a single one, the logo wolf, cannot get into battles until you armor it with the version exclusive item.
    - The sword wolf is dragon/steel while the shield one is ice/steel with different ability and move set.
    - You can share the armor to get the opposite form between versions.
    - Some old characters will return.
    Last edited by Lord Monkey D.; April 9th, 2019 at 12:20 PM.

Tyrantrum line getting a surprising amount of love here. Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Potential Pokemon Leaks:
    I'd assume any leak this early is fake, but just in case you should spoiler tag that. Not everyone wants to be spoiled and, unlikely as it may be, there's always a chance it could be the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    list
    Lycanrock line nowhere to be found. That's a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    list
    So... do you like fairies?

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Tyrantrum line getting a surprising amount of love here. Good!
    Tyrunt and Tyrantrum are just simple, good designs. There's nothing more to it, for me at least. They don't make my top ten, but they did definitely make my overall favorites list I linked to.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Lycanrock line nowhere to be found. That's a shock.
    I like the design okay but its basically just a typical anime wolf looking thing. And its shiny blue form wasn't its default.

I already loved Raiga from Monster Rancher 20 years ago and that's basically the same design (but better), except Raiga had ice and electric powers and high speed. Also Lycanroc it utterly failed me in-game. Boring mono-typing, boring move pool with few stabs, tissue paper defenses, and the same useless sand rush ability that's been worthless on Sandshrew for years.

Hidden:

Its night form had better moves, better stats, better abilities, but I hated the look of it So...
    Last edited by Robby; April 9th, 2019 at 10:00 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    This is a good site to figure out what pokemon might be your favorites: https://www.dragonflycave.com/favorite.html
    This was quite fun to do! Especially since I have trouble narrowing down things like my favorite pokemon.

I got

1. Swampert
    2. Charizard
    3.Crobat
    4. Mamoswine
    5. Vaporeon
    6. Chandelure
    7. Gyarados
    8. Chansey
    9. Celesteela
    10. Mimikyu
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Favs

1. Articuno
    2. Vaporeon
    3. Aerodactyl
    4. Sharpedo
    5. Sandshrew
    6. Magikarp
    7. Charizard
    8. Joltik
    9. Bulbasaur
    10. Steelix

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

1. Dragonaire
    2. Chinchou
    3. Aron
    4. Luxray
    5. Scrafty
    6. Rowlet
    7. Aegislash
    8. Sandslash
    9. Chandelure
    10. Reuniclus

Honorable mention: Eevee/Eeveelutions, Leavanny, Bronzor, Galvantula, Tropius, Dwebble, Pangoro and Vanilluxe
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Somewhat in order:

Scolipede
    Panpour
    Sylveon
    Vaporeon
    Dustox
    Braixen
    Flygon
    Altaria
    Primarina
    Drapion

Have any of you decided which starter you are going with? I'll probably pick Sobble.
    Last edited by skarabee; April 12th, 2019 at 08:03 AM.

For no reason except pokémon tedious and we talking about favorites and the dragonfly website link people posted being too time consuming, I did my "favorite of each type" chart.
    Spoiler:

Momentarily failed to make it but are also on the same league as those: Kingler, Gastrodon, Electivire, Hawlucha

And as a bonus I tiered the bug-type (obs.: Kricketune line grew on me on the past days after I realized how I neglected it; I admit having a strong bias against Vivillon's line).

Quote Originally Posted by skarabee View Post
    Have any of you decided which starter you are going with? I'll probably pick Sobble.
    Grookey all the way. Sadly I think I will dislike its evos (the chances of it becoming an ape and/or a drummer seem high and I doubt I will like any of those), but I learned my lesson after Rowlet and this time I will just give it an everstone if things turn like that
    Last edited by .access timeco.; April 17th, 2019 at 07:30 AM.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

In no particular order except #1

1. Dunsparce
    Squirtle
    Totodile
    Shuckle
    Lugia
    Ampharos
    Ludicollo
    Suicune
    Tropius
    Drampa
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Scizor
    Kommo-o
    Tapu lele
    Mew
    Celebi
    Typhlosion
    Gengar
    Kyurem black/white
    Lugia
    Absol

Welp, I already had my list of my favorite pokemon of each type. I just spent 30 minutes coming up with bug tiers as well.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The favorite of each type was fun to make. It was interesting to deal with all the dual types to try to fit in everything. Too bad I couldn't fit in Feraligatr...

Spoiler:

I don't feel strongly about any Ghost or Ground type. I'd probably choose the Zygarde dog or perfect form if they were available though.

Oh are we doing favorites of each type now?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

rip Pyukumyuku, your single typing has bitten you once again (Milotic should still be a Fairy type!)

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Grookey and Bangbang.

I love the bunny's design but I'm gonna hold off picking until I see all there evolutions

I'm sure whatever I pick it will have an absolutely awful third form that will be nothing like the look of its early forms, have lousy typing and movepool, and will destroy all attachment I had to it and lead to me boxing it, which my friend will get the one that looks just fine and kicks ass. That's how its gone for me the last three gens. Last one I actually liked the final form of was Torterra.

Though to be fair, Chespin was pretty clearly a mistake as soon as I got his second form, but I held out hope he'd turn out okay.

That said, water starter lizard is the one that appeals to me currently.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information