+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 874: "The Last Line of Defense - The Sun Pirates Appear"

Default 874: "The Last Line of Defense - The Sun Pirates Appear"

If you have to be saved by a failure what does that say about you? And am I referring to Judge or Sanji here?

Title: "The Last Line of Defense - The Sun Pirates Appear"
    Chapters Covered: 899
    Episode Director: Yoshihiro Ueda (**1/2)
    Animation Director: Masayuki Takagi (**1/2)
    Time: 7:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 874: "The Last Line of Defense - The Sun Pirates Appear"

One Piece Episode 875 Preview

Oh no are we gonna get cake sakuga
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Sanji w/ the CoA lol

Sanji using hardening LOL. Anime first

For a bridge episode I enjoyed it. Artwork was pretty solid even if Sanji needed a comb at points, with a shout out going especially to how fearsome Big Mom was drawn with the pinched pseudo-fisheye lens look. Direction seemed competent too, at least insofar as the final Judge drive-by and deflation by Luffy went.

But next week is going to be the true attraction for 900 is a very tricky chapter to adapt no matter what the circumstances. Fortunately Komaki should be up to the task as one of the show's most visually-creative directors, and it looks like this will probably be the best-looking thing in the show with Deguchi's name stamped on it. The lighting on the shot of Luffy, Chopper, and Carrot collectively wetting themselves already looks amazing.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I do not get why the anime tries to give Sanji stuff he hasn't shown in the manga

First making Spectre a long range move and now hardening

Sanji was always capable of using hardening. We never say it because he's usually wearing a black suit. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Sanji was always capable of using hardening. We never say it because he's usually wearing a black suit. Simple.
    Smoker had black gloves and you have seen it.

But again the manga never once.made it clear and Spectre was fucked up by the anime

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    White pants against Judge and during the whole wedding
    You mean that fight where they point out he has hardening...

Anyway, him using armament shouldn't be shocking for everyone, since his literally one of the only three strawhats to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    You mean that fight where they point out he has hardening...

Anyway, him using armament shouldn't be shocking for everyone, since his literally one of the only three strawhats to have it.
    I am not talking about CoA cuz this was.common knowledge but about hardening

We never have seen it clearly in the manga

Empress of Diabetes Miss Saturday's Avatar

Interesting of Tamago to reveal the country of Russia canonically exists somewhere in the One Piece world. Maybe in the North Blue. Also has there ever been a single instance in this series of cannon fire hitting ANYTHING? They're worse than Stormtroopers.

I do not get why the anime tries to give Sanji stuff he hasn't shown in the manga
    Cause even the anime feels bad for that loser.

Smoker had black gloves and you have seen it.

But again the manga never once.made it clear and Spectre was fucked up by the anime
    I was being jokey, but I see that you're serious about this.

There's honestly no distinction between invisible and black armament Haki in the manga post-timeskip with the exception of one or two instances. "Bushoku: Koka" isn't even said by Luffy anymore after Fishman Island. Consider it a soft-retcon. Consider it a visual cue for the reader. But whenever Haki is used, it will always usually be inked black.
    The limitations of this are that characters whose clothes are inked in can't show it.
    Smoker doesn't have a 90% black clothing scheme. His gloves are inked black and his jacket is white in the b&w manga.
    Even when he uses Haki, Oda inks the armament Haki past the glove onto his white jacket.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

This episode didn't really have any interesting content, but not to its fault. It did about as fine adapting it as it could have, could have had better Daifuku stuff if they were gonna extend his clash with Sanji, but whatever. Highlight of the episode was the Judge scene, which was executed really well from start to finish. Man, remember when everyone thought Judge would have a deep voice and was surprised when he first showed up in the anime? Can't imagine him without that gravelly higher pitch now, it suits him and his scumminess.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    Interesting of Tamago to reveal the country of Russia canonically exists somewhere in the One Piece world.
    Probably the Roshwan Kingdom.

Spoiler:

I am not talking about CoA cuz this was.common knowledge but about hardening

We never have seen it clearly in the manga
    I mean, in the manga, despite the image being small, I think there is enough Black on Sanji's leg in that scene to justify thinking he was using armament.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    I was being jokey, but I see that you're serious about this.

There's honestly no distinction between invisible and black armament Haki in the manga post-timeskip with the exception of one or two instances. "Bushoku: Koka" isn't even said by Luffy anymore after Fishman Island. Consider it a soft-retcon. Consider it a visual cue for the reader. But whenever Haki is used, it will always usually be inked black.
    The limitations of this are that characters whose clothes are inked in can't show it.
    Smoker doesn't have a 90% black clothing scheme. His gloves are inked black and his jacket is white in the b&w manga.
    Even when he uses Haki, Oda inks the armament Haki past the glove onto his white jacket.
    https://pm1.narvii.com/6256/7a7f9396...16e6c07_hq.jpg
    If this is true Oda did a piss poor job with Sanji and his CoA.

Oda did a good job showcasing the SHs haki like Zoro and his CoA against Pcia, Usopps's CoO, Sanji's CoO at Punk Hazard and of course Luffy.

I honestly didn't even know people made a distinction of "hardening" and armament haki until people started discussing power levels and shit. I don't think it was every stated in the manga as being a different ability (correct me if I'm wrong), but just something the fandom has clung to as the next tier of armament. It might just be the case Oda doesn't see it as different, and hasn't really bothered to make it explicit one way or the other.

I always just viewed it as a cool visual cue for the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    I honestly didn't even know people made a distinction of "hardening" and armament haki until people started discussing power levels and shit. I don't think it was every stated in the manga as being a different ability (correct me if I'm wrong), but just something the fandom has clung to as the next tier of armament. It might just be the case Oda doesn't see it as different, and hasn't really bothered to make it explicit one way or the other.

I always just viewed it as a cool visual cue for the audience.
    You mean Mihawk saying to Zoro making a black sword

Or Luffy and his tattoos? If it would be just a visual cue for the audience people in OP world wouldn't see Full Haki vergo or Luffy CoA tatoos

In anime defense, it makes sense to use koka to block that huge blade, if he even needed haki to block that small spear of judge. But oda for some reason still doesn't want to show koka sanji yet, maybe saving it for some special battle.

Finally...we're barely a month away now from the Reverie starting...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information