Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: The Vic Mignogna Situation

Default Re: The Vic Mignogna Situation

https://twitter.com/shane_holmberg

..... ...
    Spoiler:
    gee thanks I spit coffee on my monitor.
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say”

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Returns View Post
    And not a single one of them have presented a verifiable story or bit of evidence that proves it. And I know this for a fact because asking for evidence gets you yelled at, or worse booted from a conversation. I've said this a million times now, It doesn't matter who says What. if you cant prove it. I don't care if a MILLION people say, or if a million people hear they heard something from a friend somewhere at some nondescript time; put up the evidence, (or your statement or whatever to be corroborated) or you don't have a case.

I don't believe the mob. I believe the truth. And now that the mob is being pushed back, i'm going to sit and LAUGH at the inevitable meltdown. Good day.
    Thats not really how sexual harassment cases work though, because most of the time, for minor stuff like this, there usually isn't any evidence. Corroborated stories(which a lot of these are) that display a pattern of behaviour, are usually more than enough in this sort of situation.

The biggest joke is there are people who think Shane Holmberg is a credible source.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Returns View Post
    I've been gone for 2-ish months. Sat back for a while and watched the entire thing come fourth. I stopped talking here after I was called an Alt-right piece of trash, a conspiracy theorist or whatever for believing in the presumption of innocence (radical concept I know - just ask Mother's Basement). I'm not the only one this has happened to. When people who learn somewhere to the right of center (like myself) We endure being called some INSANELY rude, atrocious, and outright defamatory shit for daring to question what they say. I've seen all the sad stories. all the "my friend choked back tears" I've read one tale after another and after watching the actual legal battle come fourth ALL with no God-damn evidence to prove ANYTHING being said against Vic, I say enough is enough. How in the fuck do you have such a supposed rabid rapist of a man go around for DECADES and pull up Zero fucking evidence to ANYTHING??
    Man, imagine being ignored and demonized because you were the victim of someone with greater social power and the ability to sway a legion of rabid followers at their defense who have dedicated themselves to making your life hell for daring to stand up for yourself.

I sympathize with you, guy defending popular voice actor from decades of allegations by attacking every single claimant as liars working together to bring him down while somehow also resenting being called a conspiracy theorist.
    Last edited by Wagomu; April 18th, 2019 at 07:13 PM.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

We will just see what happens. But I have a strong feeling some of you are in for a big wake up call when this case doesn't go as you're thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    We will just see what happens. But I have a strong feeling some of you are in for a big wake up call when this case doesn't go as you're thinking.
    TBH, I could see getting some money out of this on a technicality, but I don't think he'd get much, and I would hardly call it company destroying stuff.

Vic's reputation is still in tatters, and the fact that he hasn't pursued cases against all the companies that choose not to associate with him(rooster teeth), I think demonstrates that this is going to be a technical pursuit more than anything else.

Instead of blindly speculating why X party wasn't sued [yet], you could refer to Rekita's livestreams where Ty goes over small parts of his legal strategy. commenters usually post timestamps for them. Very useful for getting an idea of what's going on. As Jazz says below me, this is a defamation case, and yes, Vic needs to prove defamation... which is easy.

If you read the complaint you'll find this gem.

(35) In fact, Ronald (a Funimation agent or employee) has tweeted more than 80 times that Vic sexually assaulted or assaulted Monica, more than 10 times that Vic sexually assaulted or assaulted three of his “very close friends,” more than 10 times that Vic has been accused of hundreds and possibly thousands of assaults, and at least 17 times that Vic is a “predator.”
    yeah this is textbook defamation. And all of these instances have been archived because this case is so public. So not even deleting these tweets will help. Which is another reason why everyone's been telling them to shut up.

Now I don't care if you think it's justified or whatever. none of that applies here. Defamation is defamation. This is Texas law, not twitter. the truth of the defamatory claim doesn't actually matter much in a Texas defamation suit. But I actually WANT them to get into the truth of the claims. I want to see more evidence come forward for or against the case. After all, this is how we get redactions. There's nothing to hide here. So present the evidence, or stop dogpiling the guy.
    Last edited by RJ Returns; April 18th, 2019 at 07:55 PM.
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say”

Just to clear something up, as this is a defamation case, Vic is the one that needs to prove this claims.

For public figures which Vic is In Texas, a person who is a "public figure," a "limited public figure" or a "public official" must prove that the defendant acted with "actual malice" when making a defamatory statement. "Actual malice" is defined as making a defamatory statement while knowing it's false or with reckless disregard as to whether it's false or true.

Now it’s possible because he is suing other “public figures” there is more to it. That I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    TBH, I could see getting some money out of this on a technicality, but I don't think he'd get much, and I would hardly call it company destroying stuff.

Vic's reputation is still in tatters, and the fact that he hasn't pursued cases against all the companies that choose not to associate with him(rooster teeth), I think demonstrates that this is going to be a technical pursuit more than anything else.
    I do agree with you at least somewhat on that. From the beginning this lawsuit has been on a more personal note, and the intention behind it is to settle on the issues of defaming over the internet and the way the situation was handled in general. I really can't comment on how it could potentially affect FUNimation or Rooster Tooth on a wide scale, because I'm just not sure.

I definitely don't believe Vic will be able to salvage his career, at least when it comes to those companies. Too much damage has been done. His reputation is another matter entirely though and that is what this is about. It is entirely possible for certain posts to be forcibly retracted if the judge sees fit to demand so.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    If it's one person testifying against one other person, yeah, their word is equal.

That's not the case when there are dozens of witnesses.
    Name a single CREDIBLE witness.

Also I think a lot of you are confused about these legal proceedings. It's not about proving that Vic isn't an assaulter (although the jellybeans story takes care of that), it's about proving that the accusers are a gaggle of shitbrained and jealous slags who conspired to ruin man's life by attempting to manipulate the public's opinion with defamatory statements. And they've had nothing credible from the very start, that's why every single one of the accusations has been a vague story with no substance. They use the phrase "sexual assault" to make you assume the worst because your brain is built to fill in the blanks in the worst way possible. The clock is ticking and the bomb is about to drop. All will be clear before long and the "I told you so"s are going to rain down.

Quote Originally Posted by LucciCP9 View Post
    Name a single CREDIBLE witness.

Also I think a lot of you are confused about these legal proceedings. It's not about proving that Vic isn't an assaulter (although the jellybeans story takes care of that), it's about proving that the accusers are a gaggle of shitbrained and jealous slags who conspired to ruin man's life by attempting to manipulate the public's opinion with defamatory statements. And they've had nothing credible from the very start, that's why every single one of the accusations has been a vague story with no substance. They use the phrase "sexual assault" to make you assume the worst because your brain is built to fill in the blanks in the worst way possible. The clock is ticking and the bomb is about to drop. All will be clear before long and the "I told you so"s are going to rain down.
    Wow, just wow. You're reply is pretty much the bog standard MRA response to anyone who's come forward with their account of sexual assault or abuse by an individual with some power in the industry (i.e. they're lying bitches just trying to get a poor straight, white, christian male fired from the industry). The jellybean story doesn't prove anything (unless you're reading too much into it, like a certain conspiracy theory involving a certain circular food). I don't know why Vic is a hill you want to die on, he likely doesn't care about any of you (unless it's to make a quick buck or your a female for obvious reasons). The clock is stopped and no bomb will drop. All that will be clear is that Vic is sexual abuser with a predilection for underage fans. And when the "I told you so's" from the other side begin raining down, please make sure your looking up at the clouds with your mouth open, much like turkeys tend to do when it rains, I assure you drown standing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    The clock is stopped and no bomb will drop. All that will be clear is that Vic is sexual abuser with a predilection for underage fans. And when the "I told you so's" from the other side begin raining down, please make sure your looking up at the clouds with your mouth open, much like turkeys tend to do when it rains, I assure you drown standing up.
    I would ask of you then why you're so willing to blindly believe people's stories. Is it out of some emotion you have that you're going to somehow make their life better by white knighting them from the shadows?

And no regardless of whatever goes down in court, nothing will be clear. Nothing will be proven 100% because your side still won't have the evidence to support it. Even if people like yourself continue to try to paint this picture over and over, it will forever remain nothing more than an allegation in the court of law. Whatever the case, it's going to be fun watching this whole thing roll out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    I would ask of you then why you're so willing to blindly believe people's stories. Is it out of some emotion you have that you're going to somehow make their life better by white knighting them from the shadows?
    I could ask the same of you as well. What do you get from defending a statutory sexual abuser, his life was terrible to begin it's only going to get worse, because the phrase "no means no" doesn't exist to him. Also it's hypocritical of you to say that I blindly believe other people, when all of your replies are blindly believing Vic, and anyone who supports him (including substance abuse blackface lawyer).

And no regardless of whatever goes down in court, nothing will be clear. Nothing will be proven 100% because your side still won't have the evidence to support it. Even if people like yourself continue to try to paint this picture over and over, it will forever remain nothing more than an allegation in the court of law. Whatever the case, it's going to be fun watching this whole thing roll out.
    So nothing will be clear on our side, your side has offered no credible evidence whatsoever to disprove the victims that came forward and when we ask your side for evidence, you tell us to look for it ourselves or that you already presented it (when you didn't). The only evidence your side has ever provided are tweets in which Vic fans got their fweelings hurt because they didn't think that the mean voice actors who got their infallible hero fired, would actually fight back or because one person might not have been completely truthful.

At this point it's clear that the majority of discussion in this thread is doomed to be tribalistic bickering going forward, so I'm closing it, at least for now.

And just a reminder, the topic should not be discussed anywhere else on the forum at this time.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Closed Thread

Thread Information