+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 103

Thread: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

  1. #21

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    This was a pretty great chapter. A little recappy in places, but it's almost to be expected as it's probably the first one of a new volume, but otherwise really solid. Robin's been underutilised since the timeskip, and really just in general, so it's great seeing put all her talents to use. I really hope that Komurasaki turns out to have coloured hair despite it being filled in black, like Tama did, just so future rereads in the colour version become a little less confusing than this was. I'm leaning strongly to the idea of her being Hyori at this point, but we'll see.

    I'm a big fan of Orochi's design. I can't decide if it's too ridiculous to be intimidating, or just ridiculous enough to intimidate; pretty classic Oda work. It would be too on the nose for his devil fruit to be an "Orochi Orochi Fruit" or an "Orochi Model" of something, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Dragon Dragon Fruit: Hydra Model. Which does raise the question of where the ninth head is meant to be...

  2. #22

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    So... let's take a moment to go through each character of this arc so far:

    Strawhat Pirates:
    Luffy - Udon, working on the factory as a prisoner.
    Zoro - Kibi, Ebisu town.
    Usopp, Franky - Flower Capital, going to Ebisu with Law.
    Nami, Robin, Brook - Flower Capital, Orochi's palace.
    Sanji - Flower Capital, fighting Pageone.
    Chopper - Kuri.

    Kozuki clan:
    Momonosuke, Kiku,Tama, Hitetsu - Kuri.
    Kin'emon - Kuri, at a "certain abandoned village" with the Mink trying to pit the Beast Pirates against Ashura Doji.
    Hiyori - Unknown.
    Kanjuro - Flower Capital, posing as a fishmonger.
    Raizo - Udon, trying to free Luffy.
    Ashura Doji - Kuri, Mt. Atama.
    Denjiro, Kawamatsu - Unknown.
    Shinobu - Flower Capital, Orochi's palace.

    Mink:
    Inuarashi and Musketeers - Kuri, at a "certain abandoned village" with Kin'emon trying to pit the Beast Pirates against Ashura Doji.
    Nekomamushi and Guardians - Supposedly left Sphinx going to Wano.

    Beast Pirates:
    Kaido - Onigashima.
    King - Supposedly Onigashima after blocking Big Mom Pirates entrance.
    Queen - Last seen at Onigashima.
    Jack - Last seen at Onigashima. Told by King to contact someone.
    Drake - Flower Capital, searching for the soba shop owner.
    Hawkins - Flower Capital.
    Pageone - Flower Capital, fighting Sanji.
    Apoo (?) - Unknown.
    Speed - Last seen in Kuri, Okobore town, after being attacked by Kaido.
    Holdem - Last seen in Kuri, Okobore town, after being defeated by Luffy.
    Dobon - Last seen in Udon after being defeated by Luffy and Kid.

    Wano:
    Orochi - Flower Capital, his palace.
    Komurasaki - Flower Capital, Orochi's palace.
    Kyoshiro - Flower Capital, Orochi's palace.
    Toko - Flower Capital, Orochi's palace.
    Oniwabanshu - Flower Capital, Orochi's palace.
    Kamazo - Unknown.
    Ushimitsu Kozo - Unknown. Known to have made an appearance on the current day.
    Urashima - Last seen in Kuri, Okobore town, after being defeated by Luffy.
    Yooooctopus - WHERE ARE YOU, MAN?

    Other pirates:
    Law - Flower Capital, going to Ebisu with Usopp and Franky.
    Heart Pirates - Last seen at Flower Capital.
    Kid - Udon, working on the factory as a prisoner.
    Kid Pirates - Unknown.
    Linlin - Kuri.
    Big Mom Pirates - Unknown.

    And we still have Jinbe to come at any point, the fishspitter prisoner, the missing Tobi Roppo... also Oniwabanshu, minks and the other pirate crews can break into multiple characters if they don't move always as a group. So far Oda is handling everything fine, but it will be a challenge when the plot lines start developing and intertwining.

  3. #23
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Orochi really doesn't command much respect among the troops. Thankfully he will be vindicated when Kinemon shows up. Sadly it will be to late. I guess Doffly never got to confirm their identity to Kaido? Or he didn't inform the shogun?

    The prostitute was cute with her temper when Robin showed up. Now I'm really wondering how this situation is going to get diffuse. Everyone's emotion is running high and I'm unsure anyone is willing to back down.



  4. #24

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Still wondering how they specifically knew Raizou was on Zou.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Still wondering how they specifically knew Raizou was on Zou.
    Guess they could have gotten info that Kozuki are close friends with the Minks so when they couldn't find Raizou after they captured Kanjuro and the other two left.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Guess they could have gotten info that Kozuki are close friends with the Minks so when they couldn't find Raizou after they captured Kanjuro and the other two left.
    Even if it really was as simple as process of elimination, we still need to know how they made it to Zou as well.

  7. #27
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The King Engine

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Even if it really was as simple as process of elimination, we still need to know how they made it to Zou as well.
    Knowing that would be nice, but I wouldn't mind if it came from an SBS or not at all. Not at all integral to the story in my opinion.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Knowing that would be nice, but I wouldn't mind if it came from an SBS or not at all. Not at all integral to the story in my opinion.
    it is important to know at least how they knew about Raizou, as Raizou was also one of the people that got teleported 20 years into the future. them knowing the existence of Raizou and that they were so sure Raizou was alive meant that at least Jack or Kaidou knew the 9 scabbards were still alive, but yet the Shogun and his underlings seem to not know it yet.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Knowing that would be nice, but I wouldn't mind if it came from an SBS or not at all. Not at all integral to the story in my opinion.
    Eh, something like confirming how Pekoms made it into the Mirror World to rescue Luffy is what I would consider SBS-worthy IMO. The last we see of Zou before WCI began is Oda going out of his way to address that it is most odd that they were able to find Zunisha several times. He even provides a hint by stating that they must have used a Vivre Card, and it worried Inuarashi enough that he took his time arriving in Wano.

    It'll definitely come up again, and it very much needs to.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Does anyone believe Komurasaki is not Hiyori?

  10. #30

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Does anyone believe Komurasaki is not Hiyori?
    Sometimes, mostly because how ~obvious~ it is. Pretty much the double/triple bluff scenario.

    If she is though, I think that makes Kyoshiro that much more interesting. You may remember when we were talking about potential candidates for retainers, that I had him as the "traitor" type. But when his connection to Komurasaki was revealed, the idea of him being a retainer became stronger, the traitor idea was discarded. If he is, then I would assume he is the one wearing the hat during the flashback.

    In regards to the point against him being a retainer.

    1. Why would Orochi employ him?

    - Oden's retainers are not all known to the public. They were famous, but not everyone knew whom they were specifically.
    - The retainer with the hat, could also have been wearing a mask. This is more of another method for the previous point.
    - He is pretending to be a traitor. Although if this were the case, I think they would have made a nod towards it.

    2. Why was he mocking Orochi during his introduction?

    - To cover his act. As we have seen, most of Orochi's subordinates think him paranoid. Even if Kyoshiro knows Orochi is right, he has to make everyone *else* believe he is wrong.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

  11. #31
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The King Engine

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Eh, something like confirming how Pekoms made it into the Mirror World to rescue Luffy is what I would consider SBS-worthy IMO. The last we see of Zou before WCI began is Oda going out of his way to address that it is most odd that they were able to find Zunisha several times. He even provides a hint by stating that they must have used a Vivre Card, and it worried Inuarashi enough that he took his time arriving in Wano.

    It'll definitely come up again, and it very much needs to.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Does anyone believe Komurasaki is not Hiyori?
    You make a good point that I hadn't thought of. Might need to give Zou a reread.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    So... let's take a moment to go through each character of this arc so far:

    Strawhat Pirates:
    Luffy - Udon, working on the factory as a prisoner.
    Zoro - Kibi, Ebisu town.
    Usopp, Franky - Flower Capital, going to Ebisu with Law.
    Nami, Robin, Brook - Flower Capital, Orochi's palace.
    Sanji - Flower Capital, fighting Pageone.
    Chopper - Kuri.

    Kozuki clan:
    Momonosuke, Kiku,Tama, Hitetsu - Kuri.
    Kin'emon - Kuri, at a "certain abandoned village" with the Mink trying to pit the Beast Pirates against Ashura Doji.
    Hiyori - Unknown.
    Kanjuro - Flower Capital, posing as a fishmonger.
    Raizo - Udon, trying to free Luffy.
    Ashura Doji - Kuri, Mt. Atama.
    Denjiro, Kawamatsu - Unknown.
    Shinobu - Flower Capital, Orochi's palace.

    Mink:
    Inuarashi and Musketeers - Kuri, at a "certain abandoned village" with Kin'emon trying to pit the Beast Pirates against Ashura Doji.
    Nekomamushi and Guardians - Supposedly left Sphinx going to Wano.

    Beast Pirates:
    Kaido - Onigashima.
    King - Supposedly Onigashima after blocking Big Mom Pirates entrance.
    Queen - Last seen at Onigashima.
    Jack - Last seen at Onigashima. Told by King to contact someone.
    Drake - Flower Capital, searching for the soba shop owner.
    Hawkins - Flower Capital.
    Pageone - Flower Capital, fighting Sanji.
    Apoo (?) - Unknown.
    Speed - Last seen in Kuri, Okobore town, after being attacked by Kaido.
    Holdem - Last seen in Kuri, Okobore town, after being defeated by Luffy.
    Dobon - Last seen in Udon after being defeated by Luffy and Kid.

    Wano:
    Orochi - Flower Capital, his palace.
    Komurasaki - Flower Capital, Orochi's palace.
    Kyoshiro - Flower Capital, Orochi's palace.
    Toko - Flower Capital, Orochi's palace.
    Oniwabanshu - Flower Capital, Orochi's palace.
    Kamazo - Unknown.
    Ushimitsu Kozo - Unknown. Known to have made an appearance on the current day.
    Urashima - Last seen in Kuri, Okobore town, after being defeated by Luffy.
    Yooooctopus - WHERE ARE YOU, MAN?

    Other pirates:
    Law - Flower Capital, going to Ebisu with Usopp and Franky.
    Heart Pirates - Last seen at Flower Capital.
    Kid - Udon, working on the factory as a prisoner.
    Kid Pirates - Unknown.
    Linlin - Kuri.
    Big Mom Pirates - Unknown.

    And we still have Jinbe to come at any point, the fishspitter prisoner, the missing Tobi Roppo... also Oniwabanshu, minks and the other pirate crews can break into multiple characters if they don't move always as a group. So far Oda is handling everything fine, but it will be a challenge when the plot lines start developing and intertwining.
    Yeah this is gonna be a shit show like Dressrosa

    Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/


  13. #33

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I think it was brought up in the spoiler thread that if Komurasaki is Hiyori, then Kyoshiro might be a servant of the Kozuki Family who is stationed to protect her. And to that I say yeah, no. He's definitely slept with her in the past, which would be objectively creepy, and is the kind of action that, the only other time it's been implied before, was villainous. Not to mention that Kyoshiro's drunken tirade about Orochi's stupidity when he first debuted would make zero sense, since if he did serve the Kozukis he should be well aware that Orochi is actually completely right.
    He could be the dude with the hat who appeared with Kinemon and others when Toki was about to send Momo to the future. That hat dude is the only one that didn't make it to the future (or at least with Momo's group).

  14. #34

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Eh, something like confirming how Pekoms made it into the Mirror World to rescue Luffy is what I would consider SBS-worthy IMO. The last we see of Zou before WCI began is Oda going out of his way to address that it is most odd that they were able to find Zunisha several times. He even provides a hint by stating that they must have used a Vivre Card, and it worried Inuarashi enough that he took his time arriving in Wano.
    About that. What if the fishspitter prisoner is a Mink who was captured by Kaido in the past and their ticket home at any time is a Vivre card of Zunisha itself ? It leaves unexplained the part about Raizou, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

  15. #35
    Ou l‘optimisme Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    But the 4 of them Samurai have been seen leaving Wano and only Raizou did not arrive at Dressrosa, so they just had to try it in Zou. How they got there? It is pretty clearly stated that you can get there only by Vivre Card, so they have a Minks Vivre Card. Maybe it is the bone spitting guy (this would leave the witchhour boy and the man hunter for the missing samurai) and maybe he is the reason behind the dukes fight. It is really strange though why Kaidou doesn’t share all his information with Orochi.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    I only hope that Zoro will have to fight Kyoshiro. Guy seems like perfect match to push Zoro as hard as pre-ts enemies did. With more close to death situations and less wounds, I would prefer.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Wonder if muddy straightjacket guy is gonna play a part in the sheenanigans?

    Having him in there just seems like a set up for something

  18. #38

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    It's hard to tell really. On onehand he has the whole exposition where a mafia boss must act against anyone who moves against him, but on the other it would seem counterproductive of him to kick the ruler in the dick at this stage. Unless of course he is in turn intent on making a move against Oro-dude anyhow
    But both are part of the beast pirates, both high ranked. It's like Zoro would go after sanji's position in the crew, or zoro after sanji.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Eh, something like confirming how Pekoms made it into the Mirror World to rescue Luffy is what I would consider SBS-worthy IMO. The last we see of Zou before WCI began is Oda going out of his way to address that it is most odd that they were able to find Zunisha several times. He even provides a hint by stating that they must have used a Vivre Card, and it worried Inuarashi enough that he took his time arriving in Wano.

    It'll definitely come up again, and it very much needs to.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Does anyone believe Komurasaki is not Hiyori?

    Maybe he called Brulee by den den mushi and told her he will help or tricked her in different way. As easy as that and would be cool as SBS question.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

    Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Sometimes, mostly because how ~obvious~ it is. Pretty much the double/triple bluff scenario.
    That's been my thoughts. Guess we'll see.

    If she is though, I think that makes Kyoshiro that much more interesting. You may remember when we were talking about potential candidates for retainers, that I had him as the "traitor" type. But when his connection to Komurasaki was revealed, the idea of him being a retainer became stronger, the traitor idea was discarded. If he is, then I would assume he is the one wearing the hat during the flashback.

    In regards to the point against him being a retainer.

    1. Why would Orochi employ him?

    - Oden's retainers are not all known to the public. They were famous, but not everyone knew whom they were specifically.
    - The retainer with the hat, could also have been wearing a mask. This is more of another method for the previous point.
    - He is pretending to be a traitor. Although if this were the case, I think they would have made a nod towards it.

    2. Why was he mocking Orochi during his introduction?

    - To cover his act. As we have seen, most of Orochi's subordinates think him paranoid. Even if Kyoshiro knows Orochi is right, he has to make everyone *else* believe he is wrong.
    I don't think this chapter does this theory of him being a former retainer any favors personally.

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    You make a good point that I hadn't thought of. Might need to give Zou a reread.
    I've reread several times already. What was already a good arc continues to get better the more we learn about the history between the Minks and the Kozuki clan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    About that. What if the fishspitter prisoner is a Mink who was captured by Kaido in the past and their ticket home at any time is a Vivre card of Zunisha itself ? It leaves unexplained the part about Raizou, however.
    Yea I've seen that idea float around, think it was even discussed here months ago. As you said, the part about Raizo makes it difficult to buy.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    Maybe he called Brulee by den den mushi and told her he will help or tricked her in different way. As easy as that and would be cool as SBS question.
    I assumed he just went in through Brulee's house.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts