+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New MANGA Plus service from Shueisha (global, legal, simul, free, English releases)

Default Re: New MANGA Plus service from Shueisha (global, legal, simul, free, English release

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    They will complain as long as Jaiminisbox and Mangastrema are pushing chapters out 2 days earlier and these chapters aren't being discussed. I've seen some complain because they have to login to see discussion, when they've been able to just browse it all before.
    there will always be people complaining for whatever reasons. Don't change the subject which was specific to the fact that people had a permission denied when clicking on viz link.
    That won't happen anymore

wolfwood must be disappointed, he is not in 3d world anymore :-)

Default Re: New MANGA Plus service from Shueisha (global, legal, simul, free, English release

On iOS it doesn't rotate on horizontal while reading. Am I the only one encountering this issue ?

I wasn't expecting such an offer after Viz. Now I can move to the official schedule, and unsubscribe to a few twitter/youtube accounts that will spoil me with scanlation release...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamabounta View Post
    On iOS it doesn't rotate on horizontal while reading. Am I the only one encountering this issue ?

I wasn't expecting such an offer after Viz. Now I can move to the official schedule, and unsubscribe to a few twitter/youtube accounts that will spoil me with scanlation release...
    go to your setting, you can set to read whether in horizontal or vertical mode

Quote Originally Posted by silver_planet View Post
    go to your setting, you can set to read whether in horizontal or vertical mode

Yeah this setting I found, but it's the scrolling direction. I was searching for a way to read while holding my iOS device in landscape (I feel like my experience is better on phones this way).

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    wolfwood must be disappointed, he is not in 3d world anymore :-)
    Oh well i'll just have to find something else to be grumpy about.

But this is good news. Neat little app from what i can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Oh well i'll just have to find something else to be grumpy about.

But this is good news. Neat little app from what i can tell.
    yep, i'm also happy. Blue Flag is in the list of the series which were not in Viz and that is great

That is simply amazing.
    Viz was a nice step already, being able to access content without a VPN is even better.
    Farewell bootleg scans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

You do get a little touched when you finally do get to be treated like an indoor pet. No more sleeping out in the mud and eating scraps for this dog, i'm finally allowed to snack on the fancy dog food and sleep on the dog bed like all the other global doggies can. Reading OP on my phone over here like some fancy pantsy sir yep yep.

While I'm glad that we get other series translated simultaneously (especially Hinomaru Zumou) I wish Viz would also do them.

I got used to official translations that are better than the scanlations but here FA's translator of Hinomaru Zumou seems way better. Well, I can only hope that they improve in the future.

wolfwood has transformed into dogwood :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamabounta View Post

Post Level: God .

By tradition it should be wolfwoof.

But all jokes aside this is really great. Totally blindsided by it all

Latest chapters are free? Nice.

Wow this is a gamechanger for me. Finally I can stop using the scanlations for One Piece, Promised Neverland, World Trigger, Boruto, Dr. Stone and Dragon Ball.

To dedicate myself to this service Iíll stop using Jaiminiís and mangastreamís websites and get my manga primarily from apps.

The manga rock app will have to provide me with my remaining manga (Origin, Jagaaaaan, FT: 100 YQ, Edens Zero, Onepunch Man, Berserk & Attack on Titan). Fortunately I get notifications to my phone so a lot of unnecessary time and energy can be avoided checking the websites time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Nope! Different, separate services for different demos.

The Viz territories get the full "vault" (backlog) for sub ($2/month), and three latest chapters for free.
    Shueisha's MANGA Plus gets first + latest chapters for free, and digital volumes for purchase. Not a subscription. Money comes from ads.

People in Viz territories can use one or the other (or both); rest of the world can (legally) use MANGA Plus.
    Well explained, thank you!

Wow this is a gamechanger for me. Finally I can stop using the scanlations for One Piece, Promised Neverland, World Trigger, Boruto, Dr. Stone and Dragon Ball.

To dedicate myself to this service Iíll stop using Jaiminiís and mangastreamís websites and get my manga primarily from apps.
    Post Level: Hero God

This is brilliant, I'm extremely pleased to now have the option to do this. I'll be transitioning off jamini & mangastream without a single backwards glance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

So, shueisha should go L on the first chain of the scanlation link, send slightly different copies for areas of Japan, to narrow down the source, with things like number of sweatdrops on a character, number of speed lines or radial beans on a speech bubble, something completely invisible unless you are looking for it.

Like once you get a month Worth's of scans from a region, you try to narrow it down further. Currently do they know how many different raws make it to the internet? Only one has to make it for the issue to leak, but just because of that, there shouldn't be many sources, as the second serving is pointless.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Prints will always be exploited, there is no way around it. Unless they go full digital first there is no way around it. Awareness is also very important. Your average scan goers will not know about the free official options right away, it will take time. Some may never find out. We are lucky here since this forum supports official channels and makes an effort to rise awareness about it.

Yah but you should periodically cull the weeds, like if they were to do a crackdown this week, and like for a month theirs is first, then a lot of people would go to them, and even when the others grow back, some will stick with the official channels. And periodical crackdowns, if the scans are in an irregular schedule, while Manga + is regular, more people will go to it.

If they don't abandon physical, then a complete victory is impossible, but there are a lot of win cases between what they have and 0% piracy.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information