+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 928: Introducing Komurasaki the Oiran

Default Chapter 928: Introducing Komurasaki the Oiran

Default Re: Chapter 928: Introducing Komurasaki the Oiran

Kid is true man. Not surprising he lost his arm to Shank's crew since he was gunning for him.

I like Komurasaki. Takes quite a lot of balance to walk with those ridiculously tall okobo.

8/10 from me.

Right. I'm leaning towards her being Hiyori and has a connection to Tama.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Wooo, official release!

"Oh, btw, Kid has also run into all the emperors in the new world. It's not just Luffy doing the crazy" is a little forced.. but I guess the NW is entirely territory claimed by the emperors.

Not really thrilled with Caribou being there. I guess we saw him last chapter and all but bleh. ANd still no follow up on bonespitter.

Komurasaki... kind of a nasty one ain't she? But she's a pretty lady so Oda will probably redeem her post haste. Very much seems like Hancock 2.0. ANd those shoes! Oda's setup here seems to indicate that maybe she's Momo's sister?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    "Oh, btw, Kid has also run into all the emperors in the new world. It's not just Luffy doing the crazy" is a little forced.. but I guess the NW is entirely territory claimed by the emperors.
    As someone said in the other thread, at least the majority of it is stuff that's happened or we knew about ages ago. So it's really hard for me to see it as being forced when it's not like it's all coming out at once. And really the only exclusive thing Kid has done that several of the other Supernovas haven't is fighting against Shanks' crew beforehand. Which I actually like, as I wasn't expecting another layer regarding him wanting to take down Shanks. Of course it's not purely based on revenge, but is almost assuredly a part of why he's targeting him.

Oda's setup here seems to indicate that maybe she's Momo's sister?
    I still feel like he's making it way​ too obvious to fully buy into it just yet, so I'll wait for something more conclusive. In this arc alone, I'm already especially wary after the recent assumption of Luffy thinking Law was Shutenmaru that led people astray. If I go with the logic that Oda wants to give us a good reveal/twist concerning who Hiyori is, neither Tama (who we can safely disregard now) or Komurasaki would qualify IMO.

"I wait for you, Luffy!" blackness662's Avatar

It was an okay chapter, but I hope we will get some spoilers for the new chapter before the year ends...

Great chapter!

I love how the "refresher" of Caribou is probably the worst summary of an old character. "He was a rookie pirate who tried to fight Luffy in the New World. It didn't work out". I'm assuming/hoping the anime -when it gets to this point- will do a Wapol-esque montage of his adventures in the cover stories.

Kidd has balls. Not two arms, but likely two big ass balls to go against 3 of the 4 Emperors at this point. I was scared reading at first because I thought the conversation about "he went against Big Mom and had his arms ripped off" wasn't still in context to Kidd. I thought "oh shit, did Jimbei get dismembered?".

But Kidd has been on a roll since he's been back in the story. I'm wondering which of Big Mom's generals he fought against.

The Komurasaki and old man story was a nice way to portray, once again, this anguish and corruption in this country. Normally I don't like these detours from the Strawhats, but this was played up very well.

Tama is definitely not Hiyori. My fear IS that the Komurasaki is going to be her though. I do think it is possible that Hiyori being brought up right at the end of this chapter COULD be a misdirect. If it is her, is this an act she's putting up? Is it that she's fine with screwing over the people of Wano for the bigger goal of removing Orochi and Kaido? Is she actually just jaded and became a bad person to be redeemed later?

Now time for the yearly holiday slump of breaks. And right after a great chapter for the first official free weekly release!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

I also enjoyed Komurasaki's introduction. I know Oda will redeem her, I just hope she has a yakuza/delinquent attitude by the end of it.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Finally!

How do you get rid of the grid lines though?

Chapter 925 would be perfect between 2 breaks, not random old evil fodder flashback. Like you can't see the reverie, kid vs big mom pirates and red hair pirates, but random fodder flashback? on panel!

Umm how do you change the page the link is just stuck on franky image for me.

edit: nvm it's back to front

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Great chapter!

I love how the "refresher" of Caribou is probably the worst summary of an old character. "He was a rookie pirate who tried to fight Luffy in the New World. It didn't work out". I'm assuming/hoping the anime -when it gets to this point- will do a Wapol-esque montage of his adventures in the cover stories.

Kidd has balls. Not two arms, but likely two big ass balls to go against 3 of the 4 Emperors at this point. I was scared reading at first because I thought the conversation about "he went against Big Mom and had his arms ripped off" wasn't still in context to Kidd. I thought "oh shit, did Jimbei get dismembered?".

But Kidd has been on a roll since he's been back in the story. I'm wondering which of Big Mom's generals he fought against.

The Komurasaki and old man story was a nice way to portray, once again, this anguish and corruption in this country. Normally I don't like these detours from the Strawhats, but this was played up very well.

Tama is definitely not Hiyori. My fear IS that the Komurasaki is going to be her though. I do think it is possible that Hiyori being brought up right at the end of this chapter COULD be a misdirect. If it is her, is this an act she's putting up? Is it that she's fine with screwing over the people of Wano for the bigger goal of removing Orochi and Kaido? Is she actually just jaded and became a bad person to be redeemed later?

Now time for the yearly holiday slump of breaks. And right after a great chapter for the first official free weekly release!
    The wording was kind of weird since brulee herself said that he was defeated by one of the sweet generals but the rumors almost make it sound like he challenged big mom directly.

Unless by Big Mom, Stephen meant the entire group as a whole.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I enjoyed this chapter very much.

Komurasaki's introduction reminded me of old school One Piece, taking its time, presenting someone that is over the top in its main characteristic, but that holds a strong presence and a clear concept that lead to good stories. Nice!

By the way, Komurasaki is obviously Hiyori and she will play an important role in this arc, so I hope Oda makes it special. I can't wait to see her interactions with Robin.

Now that the chapter is finally out i can officially be amazed that Shanks dismembers people.

Makes you wonder what he would've done to Hiruma if he hadn't been eaten

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    The wording was kind of weird since brulee herself said that he was defeated by one of the sweet generals but the rumors almost make it sound like he challenged big mom directly.

Unless by Big Mom, Stephen meant the entire group as a whole.
    I'm sure it will come up with Stephen in the manga recap of the next podcast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

I would have loved the chapter even more if more panels were spent to Kid rather than the old scammed guy.

Quote Originally Posted by I♥Taeyeon View Post
    I would have loved the chapter even more if more panels were spent to Kid rather than the old scammed guy.
    They were there more for Komurasaki's character than anything else.

It is a little weird how divorced the samurai stuff feels from the Kaido stuff. At times it feels like they are just two unrelated stories stapled together. I mean i know i've been grumbling about the Japanland stuff but right now i feel like it would be beneficial if he could just pick a lane and stick with it. And the samurai story atleast seems to have some guiding force to it, topple the usurper, relatives of the old king out for revenge and all that stuff. Or it could just be that i don't much care for Kidd with only one d.

Two things stand out right away about Komurasaki:

1, she's obviously Momo's sister. So se *probably* won't be.

2, she's obviously a bitch. But she's hot, so she'll *surely* be redeemed via sad backstory
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    I enjoyed this chapter very much.

Komurasaki's introduction reminded me of old school One Piece, taking its time, presenting someone that is over the top in its main characteristic, but that holds a strong presence and a clear concept that lead to good stories. Nice!

By the way, Komurasaki is obviously Hiyori and she will play an important role in this arc, so I hope Oda makes it special. I can't wait to see her interactions with Robin.
    In one chapter I'm already more invested in Komuraski as a character than the dozens we got fleshing out Shirahoshi and Rebecca. I agree she's going to be "redeemed" in the end but I hope she doesn't lose this bite, I love that she's weaponized the only thing she has left in a country that appears to have robbed her of everything else.

The issue with so many of the other princesses since Vivi has been a generic story arc: they start in this disadvantaged state and Luffy helps them overcome whatever obstacles in their way. Vivi (and Komuraski so far) were shown to be empowered right off the bat. We're obviously not supposed to like Komuraski right now, but we're invested because she's already a strong character.

One negative takeaway though: I don't think the last bit with Momo was necessary unless Komuraski is going to be a red herring which Oda (thankfully) usually steers clear of. A bit too much handholding with the readers for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Now that the chapter is finally out i can officially be amazed that Shanks dismembers people.
    Why? Because he and his crew got weak and don't headshot anyone anymore and yet became Yonkos?

Edit: Also
    Sorry, this website is not available in your country.
    Welp, I guess pirating rules.
    Last edited by Wintermute; December 21st, 2018 at 04:09 PM.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information