+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anaconda Reboot

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Anaconda Reboot

https://www.ign.com/articles/anacond...s-in-the-works

Their sources point to the 2018 Jason Statham movie The Meg as a model for the new Anaconda, suggesting a more action-oriented approach this time -- and maybe even a much bigger serpent this time around.
    So Anaconda is getting a reboot

The 1997 Anaconda was one of those "guilty pleasure" movies for me haha it was also was really got me into cheesy giant monster/animal movies.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Default Re: Anaconda Reboot

How long til we get a reboot of Deep Blue Sea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I want to say "well at least they couldn't make it worse than the original" but ohhh I'm sure they can. Though as a kid I'll admit it was a guilty pleasure for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    How long til we get a reboot of Deep Blue Sea?
    That movie is already perfect. Nobody should dare touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I want to say "well at least they couldn't make it worse than the original" but ohhh I'm sure they can. Though as a kid I'll admit it was a guilty pleasure for me too.

That movie is already perfect. Nobody should dare touch it.
    I remember as a kid slowly getting into horror, I was excited for Anaconda. And then it was a huge let down. The remake would have to be PRETTY BAD.

And yes, Deep Blue Sea is perfect, even with the tragic ending.

I haven't seen the original since I was a kid, and I don't remember liking it.

As bad as a remake probably will be, I can't imagine it would be worse than The Swarm.

They better not make the same mistake as the Meg, which couldn't decide if it wanted to be over the top silly and slap stick or overly serious and dark

It should Just go for over the top silliness and don't take itself seriously at all

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    They better not make the same mistake as the Meg, which couldn't decide if it wanted to be over the top silly and slap stick or overly serious and dark

It should Just go for over the top silliness and don't take itself seriously at all
    Seems kind of redundant when the Sci-Fi network has that market locked down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Seems kind of redundant when the Sci-Fi network has that market locked down.
    Nothing is off limits in Hollywood, movies or television, if the studio can make money off it

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    I remember as a kid slowly getting into horror, I was excited for Anaconda. And then it was a huge let down. The remake would have to be PRETTY BAD.

And yes, Deep Blue Sea is perfect, even with the tragic ending.
    Tragic ending? What the fuck are you talking about? The two best characters are the ones who lived. If the bird died at the end rather than earlier, I'd say it was a tragic ending, but it didn't.

But the sequel was god-awful.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Tragic ending? What the fuck are you talking about? The two best characters are the ones who lived. If the bird died at the end rather than earlier, I'd say it was a tragic ending, but it didn't.

But the sequel was god-awful.
    Yeah, but I did like Susan.

And yes, the sequel is horrendous.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information