+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Solo Leveling

Default Re: Solo Leveling

It was just a matter of time.

Well, if works like God of Highschool and Noblesse get their versions, Solo deserves it all the more.

(Very, very light spoilers for GoH and N.)
    Spoiler:
    Noblesse I have read. It's fun but it can get extremely repetitive. Depending on how long they will make it, they really need to shorten the fights. Can't wait to see Frankenstein in action, along with his school team.

God of Highschool I have dropped couple of years ago. Never did have that much of an appeal to me, especially after the powers started skyrocketing. But always meant continuing once the chapters pile up.
    Last edited by Razh; March 13th, 2020 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Maybe they will in the future since Tower of God, Noblesse and God of High School are getting animated too.
    I cringe every time I hear about that. The idea and first season of ToG were interesting, but nowadays it's just a gazilion simplistic characters engaged in a simplistic plot with power scaling that is consistently all over the place, nonsensical world building, nonsensical battles and flashy ridiculous FX to hide all the aforementioned. It's a complete mystery to me how it manages to get so much appreciation on webtoon and how anyone ever considered animating that. If they buy just the title and throw away everything else to create an entirely different story I could understand, but...Well, in terms of everything it's worlds apart with a series like Solo Leveling* so I really hope we'll see this one animated eventually.

* Except maybe characterization: the motivations and character arc of the protagonist in Solo are a bit weak when you really think about it. He starts as a kind, weak guy, then at some point after re-awakening he murders 8 people (in self-defense, but also in cold blood) and never so much as flinches about it afterwards, yet still goes through hell and back again to heal his sick mother and in recent chapters he is...what, doing an arms race ? What is even his purpose these days ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

It's definitely a chore at times. I keep taking like year breaks and then read it all in couple days. Every time someone mentions any person or item, you can expect a full side arc revolving around it, lol.

The beginning and little after time skip were a lot more contained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Well everyone has a right to there own opinion, I personally love Tower of God, it might be a bit bloated with all sorts of stuff and characters going around but I’m still totally in love with the series, after One Piece it’s the thing I look forward to most to read during the week, then solo leveling then My Hero Academia

After that I read Black Clover and Demon Slayer neither of which I care much about

Tower of God I gave up on early. The art and characters didn't keep me invested in it. Then there's God Of High School...Man that series could have been much shorter. Season 3 was awful.

Noblesse had one of the worst endings...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Tower of God I gave up on early. The art and characters didn't keep me invested in it. Then there's God Of High School...Man that series could have been much shorter. Season 3 was awful.

Noblesse had one of the worst endings...
    Tower of god's artwork has gotten considerably better, and as for it's story, it takes a while to figure out what the fuck is going on but I personally think once it gets rolling it's great, epic world building, which you wouldn't think of in a series about going up a tower and passing floor tests to keep ascending

I tried to read Nobleese about 20 chapter in I gave up because nothing was happening, they kept showing the main Vampire guy experiencing modern society and learning about the new age but focused very very little on the Vampire aspect (which is what I was reading it for), I intend to watch the anime though since it will probably go through that rather fast and focus on the action

also is God of Highschool worth reading? I'm thinking of reading/watching that would you guys recommend it?

Noblesse was very satisfying at times, purposely so, due to bad guys who were really portrayed as such to an utmost degree, getting humiliated over and over.
    Its a really superficial manhwa in that regard. Frankenstein was awesome though.

There are definitely a few other manhwa i would see rather get animated but i think to start with, Noblesse can be good to establish manhwa as legitimate source material due to its easy to digest setting.
    The anime industry is so reliant on trends that if Noblesse is successful, others witj follow promptly.

Frankenstein was really the only reason for me to keep reading Noblesse. It does start going over vampire stuff later. Also it doesn't really do a whole lot with the human kids. Which was kinda odd. I think the author lost focus. But yeah...Frankenstein. He basically carried that series.

God of High School I thought was fun until towards the 2nd season end. It scaled up too much. Hardcore Leveling Warrior is feeling similar to how GoHS went. Just over the top fights and not giving me the character I really wanted to see. I dunno what it is but both those series decided to not show one of the main characters for a long period of time and it's very aggravating.

Season One, END! https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/...n/0/110/page/1

Now, whar the hell was Lt. Armstrong doing in South Korea anyway?

Were the five at the end all the National Hunters

EDIT: Also, kind of an underwhelming season finale
    Last edited by Shiebs; March 19th, 2020 at 08:36 PM.

This is a great Manhwa for people looking for something similar to Solo Leveling to read during the break:

http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=54730

Quote Originally Posted by mrsword View Post
    This is a great Manhwa for people looking for something similar to Solo Leveling to read during the break:

http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=54730
    There is actually a better one in that regard, equally overpowered protagonist with almost equal quality of art and somewhat interesting concept

https://leviatanscans.com/comics/i-am-the-sorcerer-king

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    There is actually a better one in that regard, equally overpowered protagonist with almost equal quality of art and somewhat interesting concept

https://leviatanscans.com/comics/i-am-the-sorcerer-king
    Ah! the one I linked is a lot more popular so I missed this. Will check it after I finish the former.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsword View Post
    Ah! the one I linked is a lot more popular so I missed this. Will check it after I finish the former.
    Itīs basically from the novel that inspired Solo Leveling, so yeah, itīs pretty similar, but you will see yourself.

Yeah 'I am the sorcerer king' is awesome
    Spoiler:

I like how in current chapters he's just throwing around nuclear bombs as magic like it's nothing

I started IATSK yesterday. I'm only up to chapter 14 so far, but it's been pretty entertaining.
    "Danger is my middle name."

I second that, it's a great read. The past life knowledge makes the MC a bit of a know-it-all compared to Solo Leveling where Jin-hoo himself ignores the extent of his powers, but aside from this I'm thoroughly enjoying the story. Except maybe the mom part : in both stories, I find it a bit weak as far as MC backgrounds go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

I like The Second Coming of Gluttony.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I like The Second Coming of Gluttony.
    I dropped this due to the community constant bitching about the adaptation. Every. Single. Chapter.

It was annoying.

Solo Leveling will return in August

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information