+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 864: ''They Finally Clash - Emperor vs. Straw Hats''

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Default 864: ''They Finally Clash - Emperor vs. Straw Hats''

Big Mom so far when she stepped on the Sunny it said, "One at a time!"

Title: ''They Finally Clash - Emperor vs. Straw Hats''
    Chapters Covered: rest of 890
    Episode Director: Yutaka Nakashima (***)
    Animation Director: Masahiro Kitazaki (***1/2)
    Time: 7:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 864: ''They Finally Clash - Emperor vs. Straw Hats''

Luffy VS Katakuri - Episode 864: https://yadi.sk/i/7h4ZS-QxKOKomw

One Piece Episode 865 Preview

The episode is pretty good if you skip every part with the Katakuri fight, like I did. <3

Did pretty well considering how fast paced the chapter was. Brook's panty bit and his attack coulda been done more instantaneously, but then they'd need to fill in that extra 10 or so seconds with shots of everyone reacting. I'll say I'm satisfied. I guess Flampe is the next thing to look forward to seeing, and I mean that in a masochist sorta way.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Everyone here on AP sleeping on this episode or what? 'Cause it's a very solid episode.

The second half was definitely better than the first half. I was plesantly surprised to see Ishizuka in this episode and he was uncredited on top of that (or maybe they forgot to add his name in, which would be odd). Tomita is getting better and better. Kitazaki's corrections on Big Mom were also very well done.

Direction-wise, Nakashima keeps improving and with the animation definitely highlighting it even more.
    Last edited by MythicalDragon; December 9th, 2018 at 03:50 PM.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

Pretty solid effort on a whole from the staff.

First half was definitely the weaker of the two, but the direction was decent enough, and Kitazaki's character art was pretty consistent throughout, despite his output not being as animated as it was in 856(which was expected). On the animation front however, the first half didn't really have much going for it in that sense.

Second half more than made up for it, with Ishizuka(who was obviously there but was uncredited for some reason) and Tomita doing a lot of really cool stuff in the second half. Ishizuka had a really nice scene with Jinbei throwing the water current, as well as his typical almost meme worthy impact scenes in the Vagabond drill. Tomita handled a lot of the Zeus discharge and the last bit of Katakuri vs Luffy in the last part of the episode. Really cool stuff from both of the, and definitely elevated the episode to something more engaging than a less animated handling of those scenes would be.

Overall, really solid episode, with a great second half and a pretty solid first.

Not sure what to expect from next episode, its seems the storyboarding and direction could be interesting, but I'm a little pessimistic considering the episode director. The animation looks pretty standard considering, though I'm hoping we do get a couple of cool scenes in what seems to be a bunch of fairly average scenes. Expectations aren't too high.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

That mochi Gatling gun was so goofy, haha. Tomita delivered the goods as always but Ishizuka man. It's like he came back from his hiatus extra amped up and ready to defend his title of One Piece Anime Legend. Very weird that he was uncredited though. It's not like he has to sneak out in the night to work on the show or anything.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information