+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New Shonen Jump Overhaul! - FREE OP simulpub + paid backlog

Default Re: New Shonen Jump Overhaul! - FREE OP simulpub + paid backlog

*pssst*

Viz announced that releases will be fully simultaneous with Japan, not just to the calendar day anymore.

So, hope you like your official releases a day earlier than usual now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    *pssst*

Viz announced that releases will be fully simultaneous with Japan, not just to the calendar day anymore.

So, hope you like your official releases a day earlier than usual now too.
    Oh? I follow CCC on twitter and he said "dont complain about a few hours difference" so I thought there'd be a timezone deal, its instantaneous?
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    While I don't enjoy any of the One Piece youtubers, I get what you're saying.

That's why I honestly recommend everybody that watches these people and supports the official release, to send a message to these people.

I mean they're content creators. They rely on people to view and "like" their content. If these people explain "hey could you push back to the official release date, because I want to support the official release and don't want to have to stop watching your videos when they're released or unsubscribe to avoid spoilers" there's a good chance they'll actually consider it.
    Will do my best, but to many of these people, it's become an income stream for them. Moving to Monday is a HUGE risk for them because if there's even a one a couple reviewers sticking to scantalations, many people who want to discuss it ASAP might flock to the other tubers.

I commend Rogersbase for sticking to Monday reviews, but most Youtubers and reviewers don't got quite that clout to survive that hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    Will do my best, but to many of these people, it's become an income stream for them. Moving to Monday is a HUGE risk for them because if there's even a one a couple reviewers sticking to scantalations, many people who want to discuss it ASAP might flock to the other tubers.

I commend Rogersbase for sticking to Monday reviews, but most Youtubers and reviewers don't got quite that clout to survive that hit.
    I wonder if there is a relationship between Shonen Jump and Youtube that would curb this? I don't watch One Piece Youtubers at all and don't know the logistics behind Youtube punishing those with early content in relation to anything.

And to be quite frank, they should all be willing to move the day anyway. What Viz/Shonen Jump is doing is incredibly consumer friendly and if they're making their living off of One Piece, they should be willing to give something back to the creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Oh? I follow CCC on twitter and he said "dont complain about a few hours difference" so I thought there'd be a timezone deal, its instantaneous?
    Although the exact time hasn't been announced, Viz's SJ acct. just confirmed Sunday releases.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I wonder if there is a relationship between Shonen Jump and Youtube that would curb this? I don't watch One Piece Youtubers at all and don't know the logistics behind Youtube punishing those with early content in relation to anything.

And to be quite frank, they should all be willing to move the day anyway. What Viz/Shonen Jump is doing is incredibly consumer friendly and if they're making their living off of One Piece, they should be willing to give something back to the creators.
    Lately shueisha has been cracking down on people showing panels in Live Reaction / Scan Reviews before monday. Although Im not even sure you'd be safe if you did this after monday.

Certain OP youtubers have speculated that the next step will be shueisha taking down reviews discussing the chapter before they're released but im not sure they'd have any legal basis there, or if YT would apply. Thought YT's copyright system is pretty broken in any large property can copyright claim your videos if they want, so im sure they could do it, it just might not be permanently viable.
    Spoiler:

Yeah that was a precaution against pedants, since I was just as much in the dark as everyone else (and then I was told to keep the TRUE simul news hush hush for a little while longer), but I made an addendum to my mini thread after the official account wrote #sundayfunday.

Wild stuff, y'all.

Also,

So this is like Marvel Unlimited, but up to date(Unlimited works with a 6 month gap), awesome.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

My thoughts: Keep the spoiler thread going as usual, but no official chapter is allowed to be created until the official Viz release.

On a side note, I'm really happy to see so many people in this community backing the idea of trying to follow the legit sources.

I don't know what consequences this could have towards forum traffic, but I'm putting my vote in for making the change. This just seems like the perfect time.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

I'm not around much these days, but I'm 100% hoping that the change is made here.

This is something I 100% support. There's still kind of a stigma against official releases in some areas of the community based on practices that haven't been commonplace in like a decade, and putting the Viz version front and centre could force a few people to look past that and see how the quality of has improved (I'm not looking forward to at least a dozen "lol zolo" posts in every thread while the newcomers adapt though). And because the official version has consistent names and terminology and makes far fewer mistakes than the scanlations, it'll hopefully raise the standard of discussion by reducing debates started by version differences (never another dogtooth, please).

The only drawbacks I see are that people (myself included) a) want things as soon as possible and b) are very used to Friday releases. If there's any way to get the chapter and start discussing it sooner, a large portion of the fanbase is always going to go for it. And even as a devoted reader of Viz's releases, I really liked that the scanlations came out Friday. They were something to look forward to through the week, and I often read them on the train home from work. That will be a tough habit to break.

But yeah obviously I think the official release being more accessible and the forum supporting it is a net gain. There'll be an awkward period of adjustment, and the spoiler threads will probably be busier than the main ones during that time, but we'll be stronger for it in the long run.

If you want to make that push it would be awesome if someone could write a guide for dummies when it comes to accessing this outside of North America. Step by step, with screenshots and stuff!

I mean it's not like I would need it, not at all. But... think of the children!

Good to see this, Japan seems to be taking the scanlations very seriously now. They either had to be a viable legal way, like crunchyroll, or put up with it. Glad to see they are doing the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Wow this is huge! The subscription was already a good value imo, but it just got a thousand times better. Now only if we could find a way to fit more than 24 hours in a day...

I haven't purchased any digital volumes all these years but I have a feeling some of those people might be a little salty about this announcement. Eh, I'm sure they'll get used to it.
    Last edited by NateRich; December 8th, 2018 at 10:37 PM. Reason: No more Yugioh cards though. Guess Viz is expecting too high an amount of new paying members to continue mailing them.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    Wow this is huge! The subscription was already a good value imo, but it just got a thousand times better. Now only if we could find a way to fit more than 24 hours in a day...

I haven't purchased any digital volumes all these years but I have a feeling some of those people might be a little salty about this announcement. Eh, I'm sure they'll get used to it.
    There is a 100 chapter limit on the amount of the manga you can read a day so having the digital volumes downloaded circumvents that if you want to read over 100+ chapters in a day
    Spoiler:

There is a 100 chapter limit on the amount of the manga you can read a day so having the digital volumes downloaded circumvents that if you want to read over 100+ chapters in a day
    I do wonder about that. Does Viz also have each chapter in the archives all uploaded individually in addition to the volume format? I'm curious how the site will keep track of the 100 chapter counter.

Anybody knows if the chapters will be available worldwide or only restricted to USA and Japan?

If you're reading over 100 chapters a day, I envy you, because I can't imagine doing it for any series. When I was in college I used to read dozens of chapters a day, but being sedentary that long isn't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Anybody knows if the chapters will be available worldwide or only restricted to USA and Japan?
    The countries this currently applies to includes: United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, the Philippines, Singapore, and India.

I strongly believe you'll see more territories added as time goes on.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information