+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: New Shonen Jump Overhaul! - FREE OP simulpub + paid backlog

Default Re: New Shonen Jump Overhaul! - FREE OP simulpub + paid backlog

Quote Originally Posted by mrsword View Post
    So assuming I get a VPN .. can I use my Credit Card to subscribe? Since the billing address will be from a country that is not allowed to view the manga it may not be allowed?
    I did it with no problems so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

I easily payed for a yearly sub back in september with my german google play account through my german paypal. No vpn, no us accounts needed.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Man, they just had to start it up in the midst of the most effed up schedule period of jump huh?

Having the big announcement for free simulpub of jump and then rolling it out mid december was a terrible idea, cause now we have the scanned chapter out A WEEK before the official release on january 6th. That's just terrible marketing.

Starting the new free Jump this week on sunday at the start of the year would have been much better. Having a chapter out this early on scanlation sites just gives the naysayers that much more ammunition to shit on the good thing VIZ are doing.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

I can see a couple of reasons / benefits to this timing:
    • Releasing the app now when there are fewer chapters being released gives more time to iron out bugs or look at performance under more stable conditions
    • Having the archive available to everyone over this period means that people can binge on old series to fill up the time
    • From a commercial perspective, releasing it prior to the traditional time of the Viz holiday sale means that they can avoid people buying 12-month subscriptions at the sale price. Old price was $26 / year, but always discounted to $20 / year around Christmas. New price is $2 / month aka $24 / year, so 20% more expensive than the sale price. If everyone took advantage of the Christmas sale, that would be converted to 12 months under the new system. Under the new system, it doesn't seem like they'll have sales anymore since annual memberships aren't a thing.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

I wish there was an app like this for Light Novels
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I just signed up. $24 per year for official access to new chapters AND all the past chapters, you can't beat that price.

You are in Germany and you can see the official chapters? I get a country block on the website, how do you do it?
    Lazyness is my superpower

Quote Originally Posted by tarigarma View Post
    You are in Germany and you can see the official chapters? I get a country block on the website, how do you do it?
    Don't know who you are specifically mentioning, but I am just gonna reply. xD

To read it on the website I would need to use vpn. But I read on my phone or ipad, wich both don't require any vpn at all. On android phones you just need to download the shonen jump app apk and install it, then you can access it easily, cause it has no region block.

On ios devices you need to make a us itunes account ( I googled how to make one) and download the app through it, then you can easily switch to your current itunes account and use the app without any region blocks and the need of a vpn.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Don't know who you are specifically mentioning, but I am just gonna reply. xD

To read it on the website I would need to use vpn. But I read on my phone or ipad, wich both don't require any vpn at all. On android phones you just need to download the shonen jump app apk and install it, then you can access it easily, cause it has no region block.

On ios devices you need to make a us itunes account ( I googled how to make one) and download the app through it, then you can easily switch to your current itunes account and use the app without any region blocks and the need of a vpn.
    The question was for you but no idea why the quote didnt appear! XD

Thanks I will try :)
    Lazyness is my superpower

^
    Great, hope it works well like it did for me.

Yoooo all you worldwide readers not in the English zone... looks like this is coming to you soon

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/fea...ueisha/.142401

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Yoooo all you worldwide readers not in the English zone... looks like this is coming to you soon

here's the link for android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...isha.mangaplus

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post

Ohh that sounds even better than the Jump app.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Already downloaded in my Iphone. Wow, I was waiting for this for many years.

Holy schmoly !

Awesome news, immediately got the app. Too bad it doesn't have paid backlog (yet?) though.

Random complaint: why is the thumbnail for OP #930 the final panel of the chapter....

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Yeah... This is the best thing ever. Even more free series than the VIZ app. And worldwide. Just perfect. The only series missing is Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san, otherwise, the whole Jump is in there, plus a bunch of others. Awesome!

It took too long, but man I am still glad they are going full on global now with simulpubs. That is just the smart decision to make.

Of course now people will use the only excuse left for reading scans of these series, which is oh I gotta read them 2 days earlier simply because...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information