+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 927: The Courtesan's Kamuro

Default Re: Chapter 927: The Courtesan's Kamuro

Loved this chapter. All good interactions and good pacing. I'm hyped!

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    So Franky still needs to … eat? Isn't he like almost full robot now?
    He ate many many times before, it's not surprising
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

VISIT SITE:
    Dawn Of One Piece
    One Piece Collection

for my understanding Noda Skywalker is a famous forum poster
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

If Orochi ate a smile, why would he need a Geisha for ? As Desa pointed, smiles forbid having a sexual life.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Orochi is a eight-headed snake for crying out loud!
    Thank you. Why are people assuming Orochi may be Dragon related when Origin is associated with snakes? Multi headed snake seems more likely.

Soo... according to the exert O toko.... is a child prostitute??

"He is now declaring his words to the WORLD!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    If Orochi ate a smile, why would he need a Geisha for ? As Desa pointed, smiles forbid having a sexual life.
    They do? What did I miss?

Either way, Geishas are supposed to be a lot more than just courtesans. Otherwise they wouldn't need to know squat about culture, art, dance, singing etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazykwasi View Post
    More like a prostitute in-the-making. At this age she only works as an aide so she can learn by watching.

I'm glad Orochi isn't another Spandam. While it was satisfying to see a weak guy like him fail, I like the idea of a secondary main villain that can hold his own. Bonus points for not being a pirate or government affiliate.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    I'm glad Orochi isn't another Spandam. While it was satisfying to see a weak guy like him fail, I like the idea of a secondary main villain that can hold his own. Bonus points for not being a pirate or government affiliate.
    He may not be a Spandam but he certainly could be a Vander Decken..... He already seems to have a similar female obsession for the courtesan the way VD had tbe obsession for Shiraoshi*
    Also, he may have a unique DF same way VD had his aim fruit or whatever... but because he wasn't the main villain during the Fishman Island arc, he was pretty much relegated as a 2nd rate comic relief villain.
    I wait to see what he's ultimately about. Hopefully it's not only about getting the woman of his dreams.

"He is now declaring his words to the WORLD!"

I think we have ourselves the First stand Comedian in the series... Toko-not-O-Toko will be her stage name

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    More like a prostitute in-the-making. At this age she only works as an aide so she can learn by watching.
    I think this is a good time to point out that Oirans weren't like some whore Jack the Ripper used to kill in London.

There were many requirements for being one outside of the appearances.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    I think we have ourselves the First stand Comedian in the series... Toko-not-O-Toko will be her stage name
    She could be a Rakugo Artist.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakugo

Hidden:

Thank you. Why are people assuming Orochi may be Dragon related when Origin is associated with snakes? Multi headed snake seems more likely.

I thought she was the servant of a High end Prostitute

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Really? Like thatís what her job historically entails?

Discovered Stowaway ArseneWenger's Avatar

If anything, she was introduced by the complete opposite of a damsel in distress. I know Oda has a bad backlog concerning female character but let's hope he has reflected on his bad habbit. We enter new years resolution period...
    I am getting a "HINOWA" from Gintama vibe from this Komurasaki
    Whichever side wins becomes the Justice.

He may not be a Spandam but he certainly could be a Vander Decken..... He already seems to have a similar female obsession for the courtesan the way VD had tbe obsession for Shiraoshi*
    Also, he may have a unique DF same way VD had his aim fruit or whatever... but because he wasn't the main villain during the Fishman Island arc, he was pretty much relegated as a 2nd rate comic relief villain.
    I wait to see what he's ultimately about. Hopefully it's not only about getting the woman of his dreams.
    I feel like that side of Orochi is just a footnote. He basically has the highest status in Wano, has been built up to be pretty corrupt and actually works with Kaido, whereas Vander Decken had no real stake in Fishman Island and Hody only reluctantly worked with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    Really? Like that’s what her job historically entails?
    That's a subject I am kinda interested in, but I am not Monkey King (where is he btw?), so you may want to cross-check the information below, but this is pretty much how I get the whole thing:

Spoiler:
    Yeah... it is very common to see kamuro in anime/manga set in that time period. Whenever you see a prostitute in anime, there will always be a young girl helping them, those are the kamuro. Usually they were sold to the brothels by their parents because of some debt and there they worked when young as aides until they were old and knowledgeable enough to perform themselves (apparently you could expect the transition to happen around 14).

As KageKage said, in the case of this chapter it may be important to distinguish courtesans (oiran) from regular prostitutes (yuujo). The courtesans did a lot more than simply have sex, they were expected to have all sorts of abilities and skills, so it was not something they could just enter the brothel and start doing. Calligraphy, poetry, playing instruments, dancing, performing a tea ceremony, being well educated and knowledgeable, all those kinds of things we usually think of when we think of a geisha were expected of them (... plus sex).

And when you get to the tayu, the most revered of the courtesans, things worked a bit different since they were so high level they had some autonomy in their work and was entirely up to them whether or not accepting have sex with a client. For a brothel to have an oiran achieve the status of tayu granted prestigy and attracted clients like samurai and even daimyo (the tayu would also be very influential among those clients, so they could have some political power).

Meh-chapter. Only transition, giving it 6/10.

Btw: 4 weeks break now?

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Orochi 8 heads, 9 red scabbards, uuhmm Kiku will get Smoothie treatment then, the rest get to cut one head each.

Wait, what?! Where are you getting this from? I mean.. yeah I can see how Holdem might have some trouble during sexy time with that lion in the way but..

Quote Originally Posted by Knaxern View Post
    Meh-chapter. Only transition, giving it 6/10.

Btw: 4 weeks break now?
    No. We are already at January Issues, so Issue 4-5 is in 2 weeks.

Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information