+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 927: The Courtesan's Kamuro

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 927: The Courtesan's Kamuro

Anyone noticed Sanji's ear when the granny said:"listen to all the cheers and her steps."?
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Time to read and bask LOVE this manga

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

And Franky copied this move from Sr. Pink, didn't he?
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    So like I said, just pretty much guessing at this point in time. We don't know how old she is, just her profession and rank. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it can't be her, but I can see that we're clearly going to do this with every named female character in this arc
    Well my guess is that she would be an ally for Robin in her mission. Also the only other possibility so far is otama but an adult is more interesting now that we have finished the introduction act. And i'm not sure we will have that many more female characters in the future

Sanjis interactions with Toko are more endearing than anything he did in the Big Mom arc

Also, man its just nice to have a little time to let the crew be the crew. This felt like an old-school chapter in all the best ways.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also also: So far the wano-specific cast has been rather unmemorable, but Toko is adorable, and I even like Dramatically Appearing Shamisen Exposition Granny a bit

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

So, what exactly will Orochi's DF be named, in-story, unless there also was the monster Yamata no Orochi, in the OP-Verse?

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Sanjis interactions with Toko are more endearing than anything he did in the Big Mom arc
    I wouldn't go that far (petting Carrot was adorable), but yea it was certainly a highlight of the chapter.

I find it a little disturbing how calm and cocky the Strawhats are about Luffy being in prison. I know they're confident in him but damn, not even a shred of worry or doubt or wanting to go help him themselves. Have things gotten so formulaic that even the main cast knows they're unbeatable?

Awww, shame it wasn't an opposing cook but the mob.

As much as I like seeing non perv Sanji again, this fight felt a little forced. Almost apologetic toward Sanji fans. You know what I mean?

The rest of it was cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    I find it a little disturbing how calm and cocky the Strawhats are about Luffy being in prison. I know they're confident in him but damn, not even a shred of worry or doubt or wanting to go help him themselves. Have things gotten so formulaic that even the main cast knows they're unbeatable?
    Yeah, it feels silly. What does a bad guy need to do to instill some fear around here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Luffy always pulls through, why start doubting him now after all they've been through and seen him pull off? It's not overconfidence, it's Luffy.

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

It took me a while to realize that Usopp, Robin and Franky are seeing Sanji for the first time since Dressrosa, but I really liked it regardless. I prefer low-key reunions unless they're in battle, and no better way to do that than partaking in some eats.

Nothing too significant about the clash between Sanji's group and Kyoshiro's thugs, but it does lead me to believe that Oda has no intention of portraying Sanji as falling behind in terms of strength. With his easy punishment of Country Boy, it seems clear that he'll dominate weaker opponents without any issue and thus any struggles he might have against a stronger opponent down the road shouldn't be any different than the struggles a protagonist would typically face in that instance.

Intrigued about what Komurasaki will bring to the table. She seems destined for a damsel in distress role if she becomes anything major, although I do hope the events surrounding her won't just be a retread of what happened to Kiku in Wano's first act, cause that would be lame.

Spoiler:

Between the Wano crew's initial reactions, and Robin asking about him to begin with, I wouldn't say there isn't a "shred of worry". The high confidence in him has been a running theme for years now. They have their own tasks, Raizou's taking care of it. If anything, I find it most interesting that Usopp's chill about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    As much as I like seeing non perv Sanji again, this fight felt a little forced. Almost apologetic toward Sanji fans. You know what I mean?
    Not really.

I think you'd only really have a point if the fight didn't connect to other things. This is pretty much similar to Luffy kicking ass allowing him to meet Tama.

So Franky still needs to eat? Isn't he like almost full robot now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Well my guess is that she would be an ally for Robin in her mission. Also the only other possibility so far is otama but an adult is more interesting now that we have finished the introduction act. And i'm not sure we will have that many more female characters in the future
    Oh yea, I do wonder how her and Robin will get along exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Nothing too significant about the clash between Sanji's group and Kyoshiro's thugs, but it does lead me to believe that Oda has no intention of portraying Sanji as falling behind in terms of strength. With his easy punishment of Country Boy, it seems clear that he'll dominate weaker opponents without any issue and thus any struggles he might have against a stronger opponent down the road shouldn't be any different than the struggles a protagonist would typically face in that instance.
    Yea, Oda's been pretty consistent about that since Zou really. It's somewhat subtle, but noticeable nonetheless.

It was alright. Learned about they're being a such thing as something that is a mix between Geisha and prostitutes which is interesting for historical reasons. I also really liked seeing Sanji show that he still has some strength after how disgraceful he is mostly felt in part 2 of One Piece . It was good for to see him show a good showing of strength. But other than that, this chapter was actually nothing special at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    I'm gonna hope Orochi's fruit is a SMILE so he's some Bizarre weirdo with dragon heads by strange body place
    That would actually be a highly interesting idea. Kaido having the real dragon fruit, and Orochi having a smile of the dragon fruit which leads to what you said and therefore kind of fulfilling the legend of the Orochi by giving him multiple heads due to it
    My Discord Roleplay! It takes place in modern-day Japan and features Japanese mythological creatures that players can play as and vampires and werewolves. Yakuza expansion coming soon!
    https://discord.gg/sMsVfNX

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Law is likely involved in getting Luffy out of prison along with Raizou, gives the crew confidence.

also, if Queen isn't sending Appo or Drake he better save his man.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Law is likely involved in getting Luffy out of prison along with Raizou, gives the crew confidence.

also, if Queen isn't sending Appo or Drake he better save his man.
    or they are overconfident due to Luffy's past history
    My Discord Roleplay! It takes place in modern-day Japan and features Japanese mythological creatures that players can play as and vampires and werewolves. Yakuza expansion coming soon!
    https://discord.gg/sMsVfNX

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Not really.

I think you'd only really have a point if the fight didn't connect to other things. This is pretty much similar to Luffy kicking ass allowing him to meet Tama.
    Don't need to have a point in order to feel like that.

In my opinion they are all acting too lightly for people who are supposed to act covertly. Should have just paid tribute to those guys. It's like they're not even trying.

As fun as seeing that kick was, things like these are slowly starting to raise a red flag for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I agree. And honestly I felt this chapter just went downhill after this great Sanji moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Don't need to have a point in order to feel like that.

In my opinion they are all acting too lightly for people who are supposed to act covertly. Should have just paid tribute to those guys. It's like they're not even trying.

As fun as seeing that kick was, things like these are slowly starting to raise a red flag for me.
    Sanji act stupid when food gets involve.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information