+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

  1. #1

    Default Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Here Oricon Manga sales from November 20, 2017 to November 18, 2018.

    Top 10 Best Selling Manga Series 2018

    https://www.oricon.co.jp/confidence/special/52166/7/

    1 - One Piece (8,113,317 copies).
    2 - Boku no Hero Academia (6,718,185 copies).
    3 - Shingeki no Kyojin (5,235,963 copies).
    4 - Slam Dunk (5,214,085 copies).
    5 - Haikyű!! (5,030,624 copies).
    6 - Kingdom (4,970,171 copies).
    7 - Nanatsu no Taizai (4,867,680 copies).
    8 - The Promised Neverland (4,246,955 copies).
    9 - Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (3,460,066 copies).
    10 - Tokyo Ghoul:re (3,267,843 copies).

    Top 10 Best Selling Manga Volumes 2018

    https://www.oricon.co.jp/confidence/special/52166/5/
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/confidence/special/52166/6/

    1 - One Piece 88 (2,476,305 copies).
    2 - One Piece 89 (2,167,146 copies).
    3 - One Piece 90 (2,074,623 copies).
    4 - Shingeki no Kyojin 24 (1,486,038 copies).
    5 - Shingeki no Kyojin 25 (1,358,623 copies).
    6 - Shingeki no Kyojin 26 (1,226,619 copies).
    7 - Hunter x Hunter 35 (1,090,958 copies).
    8 - Hunter x Hunter 36 (892,834 copies).
    9 - Kingdom 50 (846,414 copies).
    10 - Kingdom 49 (845,862 copies).
    .
    .
    .
    47 - One Piece 80 ( copies).

    Last year sales: http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=48301

  2. #2

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Hero surpassed Titan? Shit. And Tokyo Ghoul still managed tho.

    Hidden:

  3. #3

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Hmm, it's down 3 million compared to last year's but that's because volume 91 has not been released yet.


  4. #4

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Slam Dunk did amazing for just rereleased compilation volumes.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    1997 :❎
    1998 :❎
    1999 :❎
    2000 :✅
    2001 :✅
    2002 :✅
    2003 :✅
    2004 :✅
    2005 :❎
    2006 :❎
    2007 :✅
    2008 :✅
    2009 :✅
    2010 :✅
    2011 :✅
    2012 :✅
    2013 :✅
    2014 :✅
    2015 :✅
    2016 :✅
    2017 :✅
    2018 :✅

  6. #6

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Remember Oricon sales are only from physical copies, not digital.

    Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Hmm, it's down 3 million compared to last year's but that's because volume 91 has not been released yet.
    Yeah. With 4 Volumes as usual, One Piece would have sold around 10,000,000 copies.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    As expected. :)

    However, it seems like overall manga sales across the board are down this year.

    Sales from last year for comparison.
    1 - One Piece (11,495,532 copies).
    2 - Shingeki no Kyojin (6,622,781 copies).
    3 - Kingdom (6,184,214 copies).
    4 - Boku no Hero Academia (5,852,310 copies).
    5 - Tokyo Ghoul:re (5,303,514 copies).
    6 - Haikyű!! (5,067,939 copies).
    7 - Nanatsu no Taizai (3,592,571 copies).
    8 - One Punch-Man (3,223,151 copies).
    9 - Shokugeki no Souma (2,792,441 copies).
    10 - Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic (2,713,074 copies).

  8. #8

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    I was genuinely worried for this year since it only had 3 volumes instead of the usual 4 lol

  9. #9

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    I'm honestly glad that if anything is coming kinda close to One Piece, it's Hero Academia. I think it's the next legendary level Shonen and it's first 200ish chapters, to me, easily outdo One Piece's

  10. #10

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolNameGuy View Post
    I'm honestly glad that if anything is coming kinda close to One Piece, it's Hero Academia. I think it's the next legendary level Shonen and it's first 200ish chapters, to me, easily outdo One Piece's
    Hard disagree regarding the bolded. That said, other series doing well is never a bad thing.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Hard disagree regarding the bolded. That said, other series doing well is never a bad thing.
    As popular as it is, there does seem to be a lot of push against praising it once it gets past a certain level, so I'm not surprised, and that's cool, I just think it's stellar. I love One Piece more, but think it well surpasses earlier parts And who knows in 10 years. But yeah, ai like seeing One Piece at #1, but I'm cool with other manga being close, wish more were closer honestly

  12. #12
    AAAaaaAAAaaAAAA~ MrBits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Top 10 by highest selling first volume

    1. One Piece
    2. Shingeki no Kyojin
    3. Hunter x Hunter
    4. Kingdom
    5. Boku no Hero Academia
    6. Tokyo Ghoul: RE
    7. Haikyuu!!
    8. One Punch-Man
    9. Yotsuba
    10. Detective Conan
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolNameGuy View Post
    I'm honestly glad that if anything is coming kinda close to One Piece, it's Hero Academia. I think it's the next legendary level Shonen and it's first 200ish chapters, to me, easily outdo One Piece's
    100 chapters? Maybe. East Blue's episodic nature was too stop and start for me, and Hero Aca got through a ton of plot in its first two years. But 200 chapters gets us right to the middle of Alabasta, which is arguably one of the most iconic shonen story arcs of all time. I love hero aca and I think it has the potential to be a long-running Shonen superpower (and it absolutely deserves its strong ranking this year), but nothing it's done yet has impressed me quite the same way Alabasta did the first time through.

    I'm waiting to see what getting an anime does for The Promised Neverland next year. It's my favourite thing in Jump besides One Piece atm and it deserves a good performance before it ends.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    100 chapters? Maybe. East Blue's episodic nature was too stop and start for me, and Hero Aca got through a ton of plot in its first two years. But 200 chapters gets us right to the middle of Alabasta, which is arguably one of the most iconic shonen story arcs of all time. I love hero aca and I think it has the potential to be a long-running Shonen superpower (and it absolutely deserves its strong ranking this year), but nothing it's done yet has impressed me quite the same way Alabasta did the first time through.

    I'm waiting to see what getting an anime does for The Promised Neverland next year. It's my favourite thing in Jump besides One Piece atm and it deserves a good performance before it ends.
    Now TPN on the other hand is something that has impressed me. Started out with such a damn good arc right out the gate. Hope it blows up once the anime comes out.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Quote Originally Posted by EMUNOPLA View Post
    1997 :❎
    1998 :❎
    1999 :❎
    2000 :✅
    2001 :✅
    2002 :✅
    2003 :✅
    2004 :✅
    2005 :❎
    2006 :❎
    2007 :✅
    2008 :✅
    2009 :✅
    2010 :✅
    2011 :✅
    2012 :✅
    2013 :✅
    2014 :✅
    2015 :✅
    2016 :✅
    2017 :✅
    2018 :✅
    Can you educate me, what is the No.1 series on the year 1997-1999 and 2005-2006?

    And what is One Piece’s ranking on those years?


  16. #16

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Now TPN on the other hand is something that has impressed me. Started out with such a damn good arc right out the gate. Hope it blows up once the anime comes out.
    I hope so too, I think it definitely has the potential to get globally big. Been a long time since I've been so consistently surprised and impressed every week by a new series.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Darker View Post
    Can you educate me, what is the No.1 series on the year 1997-1999 and 2005-2006?

    And what is One Piece’s ranking on those years?
    Naruto for 2005, Nana for 2006 or vice versa.
    this were around Skypeia arc and Oda had couple of backlash in Japan due to his support to Shimabukuro sex scandal and Oda praising Korean football team at world cup (iirc). Also, Oda critical comments in WSJ toward Japan's Prime Minister Koizumi Junichiro political stuffs.

    also during both year, Naruto and Nana became really big in and outside of japan.

  18. #18
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    Naruto for 2005, Nana for 2006 or vice versa.
    this were around Skypeia arc and Oda had couple of backlash in Japan due to his support to Shimabukuro sex scandal and Oda praising Korean football team at world cup (iirc). Also, Oda critical comments in WSJ toward Japan's Prime Minister Koizumi Junichiro political stuffs.

    also during both year, Naruto and Nana became really big in and outside of japan.
    Wrong,

    2005 was Nana, 2006 was Death Note. Both years One Piece got in 3rd place behind Nodame Cantabile.

    I dont know where you took the backlash during skypiea anime being the reason for the decline. In fact the backlash was more big talk but no content, by that I mean that the anime and the manga were still selling and being watched, pretty good with no significant change from
    The past. In fact it was a skypiea manga volume that was the pre-Marineford best sold volume.

    In its first years the top series were Samurai X, GTO, Detective Conan, Hajime no Ippo and stuff like that. I dont remember in detail, but one of those series was the best selling at those years.

  19. #19
    Discovered Stowaway fuzi11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Former: Germany, Current: SoCal

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    In its first years the top series were Samurai X, GTO, Detective Conan, Hajime no Ippo and stuff like that. I dont remember in detail, but one of those series was the best selling at those years.
    I just had the sudden realization: Detective Conan is still going on, right?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

    it will never die

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts