+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

Default Re: Top-Selling Manga 2018 in Japan (One Piece 1st again!!)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post
    I just had the sudden realization: Detective Conan is still going on, right?
    Yes though its near the end considering recent events.

Wait why is Slam Dunk on fourth place? I know it's really popular in Japan but is it still that succesful saleswise?
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    Wait why is Slam Dunk on fourth place? I know it's really popular in Japan but is it still that succesful saleswise?
    There was a reprint/rerelease of the series. Still pretty incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Wrong,

2005 was Nana, 2006 was Death Note. Both years One Piece got in 3rd place behind Nodame Cantabile.

I dont know where you took the backlash during skypiea anime being the reason for the decline. In fact the backlash was more big talk but no content, by that I mean that the anime and the manga were still selling and being watched, pretty good with no significant change from
    The past. In fact it was a skypiea manga volume that was the pre-Marineford best sold volume.

In its first years the top series were Samurai X, GTO, Detective Conan, Hajime no Ippo and stuff like that. I dont remember in detail, but one of those series was the best selling at those years.
    ah, my mistake, it was Deathnote. totally forgot it existence. I had doubt about Naruto because Naruto already 7 years since its serialization but i can't remember what is other manga.

Of course there were no concrete prove why OP popularity going down really fast that time and not until middle of W7 arc where its started to raise again (in term of volume 1st printing), but just like you said, it was a big talk at that time. And some attributed it to those rumors. I mean, from the most popular manga in japan at that time, the fastest manga to reach 100 million copies and having the highest 1st printing volume in manga history, 2.67 million copies for volume 27, and both record previously held by Slam Dunk, suddenly started to decline quite fast, something must had happen. but I agree that it just a rumor. I apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    Naruto for 2005, Nana for 2006 or vice versa.
    this were around Skypeia arc and Oda had couple of backlash in Japan due to his support to Shimabukuro sex scandal and Oda praising Korean football team at world cup (iirc). Also, Oda critical comments in WSJ toward Japan's Prime Minister Koizumi Junichiro political stuffs.

also during both year, Naruto and Nana became really big in and outside of japan.
    Your information on 2006 is wrong. I just search and found the list.

It's like what Bigivel said.

Quote Originally Posted by Darker View Post
    Your information on 2006 is wrong. I just search and found the list.

It's like what Bigivel said.
    yeah, already admitted to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darker View Post
    Can you educate me, what is the No.1 series on the year 1997-1999 and 2005-2006?

And what is One Piece’s ranking on those years?
    https://twitter.com/EMUNOPLA/status/...133718528?s=19

Thanks a lot, dude !

YO GUYS. ORICON started releasing manga sales in 2008. Any info you guys find about prior to 2008 is not from ORICON. Just saying.

Hi everyone, I haven't been here for a while. Hope you're all doing great. Is there still a collectables thread? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    Hi everyone, I haven't been here for a while. Hope you're all doing great. Is there still a collectables thread? Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    http://apforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=77
    Right here.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information