+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Ra and the Princesses of Power

Default Re: She-Ra and the Princesses of Power

Spoiler:
    Catra did nothing wrong.

Once again, much like current MLP, a show that doesn't target me got me in it's crosshairs. I adore the show so far, Catra being my favorite out of the bunch. Honestly, I enjoy The Horde crew a bit more than the actual protagonists, and that includes Entrapta and Scorpia. I find them a little more relatable and can't wait for Team Anti-Best Friends (Catra, Scorpia, and Entrapta) to have more interactions~
    Last edited by Shuhan; November 22nd, 2018 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    Catra did nothing wrong.
    Dude, spoilers. Not everyone is that far -some are likely considering starting based on this thread.

Catra got on my nerves too much for me to really care about her. You can't
    Spoiler:
    just run your mouth off and not do what your told. Antagonize everyone then expect to get promoted. That's stupid. Evil Army or not.

I dont like Catra. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Dude, spoilers. Not everyone is that far -some are likely considering starting based on this thread.
    Sorry that was my bad, spoilered the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Catra got on my nerves too much for me to really care about her. You can't
    Spoiler:
    just run your mouth off and not do what your told. Antagonize everyone then expect to get promoted. That's stupid. Evil Army or not.
    Spoiler:
    I'll admit, she is childish. But as the story went on she got more calculating and was able to pull off legitimate plans that even Shadow Weaver wasn't able to pull off for all her magic. I feel like she backed up a lot of her bravado and Horvack seemed to take note.

All in all, she is still very loyal to those she deems trustworthy and I like that. She wasn't the betrayer so I don't see her doing that to her little circle of friends.

Thinking about it a bit more, was anyone (here) really surprised that

Hidden:
    Catra subverted the whole 'rivals turned allies' trope in episode 11 given that way back in episode 1 she pretty much bluntly stated to Adora that 'yeah I knew the Horde fed us a bunch of propaganda but who gives a shit we can rule these suckers!!!'

Adora is great and Bow doesn't lag behind btw but yeah I agree the villains are more interesting to watch. Scorpia is best princess.

Also is it controversial to say that this is in the top... 5 Netflix original animated series? (if Dreamworks productions count as them)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    Also is it controversial to say that this is in the top... 5 Netflix original animated series? (if Dreamworks productions count as them)
    Voltron, Bojack, Dragons, and.... ?

Is Aggretsuko Neflix made or is it just them hosting an existing anime?
    Last edited by Robby; November 22nd, 2018 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I know Big Mouth and F is for Family are uglt as fuck to look at and/or extremely cynical but they're realy good too :<

didn't know the Dragons series was that good too tho

I know the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina isn't animated, but could that be added?

Castlevania.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to watch this when I get a chance, even if the art style doesn't swing with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Castlevania.
    That was just a mini-series, no plans for it to be an ongoing long term thing. Not really the same category.

And I didn't like it, but that's on me.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to watch this when I get a chance, even if the art style doesn't swing with me.
    They style is better in context, you get used to it pretty quick. And the animation is nice and fluid and full of good colors.

I just wish I could figure out what exactly it reminds me of. It's driving me nuts, I KNOW I've seen comics or manga in the same style.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    didn't know the Dragons series was that good too tho
    Eh, it doesn't do anything for me but they made like 100 episodes (on top of the two Cartoon Network seasons) and the quality is decent. The effort is certainly in there even if it never hits the heights of the original movie.
    Last edited by Robby; November 22nd, 2018 at 10:40 PM.

Quick question: as someone not familiar with the original material (I'm barely familiar with the original He-man), would you recommend this? I'm digging the animation and art style, and it'd be fun to see a more female-oriented fantasy-battle-cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    Quick question: as someone not familiar with the original material (I'm barely familiar with the original He-man), would you recommend this? I'm digging the animation and art style, and it'd be fun to see a more female-oriented fantasy-battle-cartoon.
    Familiarity with the original material isn't needed, this has almost nothing to do with it except character names and general premise.

If you're liking what you see, go ahead and give it a shot.

Only real issue is they're super heavy handed on the "we have a bunch of princesses!" syndrome going on, because its a girl cartoon, of course it does.

Default Re: Non-Disney animation thread

This show is AMAZING! My sister and I binged it first two days after it hit and loved it so much! We are already planning out cosplay groups, lol. I wanna be She-Ra, sister wants to be best Princess, aka Scorpia, so there's that.

They've apparently already got 50 episodes ordered/underway/done, so there's a lot more to come.
    .... Source? Because that's amazing news.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Default Re: Non-Disney animation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    .... Source? Because that's amazing news.
    http://www.animationmagazine.net/top...like-no-other/

“Once the first season was greenlit, we were immediately boarding, designing and writing,” Stevenson recalls. “When I first pitched the show, I approached it as if had one season, but we now have four arcs of 13 episodes done. I had ideas for the big overall scheme for the show.”
    There are a lot of big arcs coming up, and I’m really excited about them. So, you know, the first 13 episodes are just really setting a lot of that up. I’m really excited for viewers to get into the later arcs.
    Spoken like someone who has done four seasons already, not someone hoping to do four seasons.
    I'm also really cetain I saw somewhere else someone saying they had four seasons in the can, but I can't find that paticular quote now and like 80 different interviews dropped this week.

Considering how Netflix treated Voltron and ordered like 100 episodes upfront and then rolled out a batch every couple months over 2 years (how they're treating all their animated stuff) it seems like the way they'd go with it.
    Last edited by Robby; November 23rd, 2018 at 12:44 PM.

That was just a mini-series, no plans for it to be an ongoing long term thing. Not really the same category.

And I didn't like it, but that's on me.

They style is better in context, you get used to it pretty quick. And the animation is nice and fluid and full of good colors.

I just wish I could figure out what exactly it reminds me of. It's driving me nuts, I KNOW I've seen comics or manga in the same style.

Eh, it doesn't do anything for me but they made like 100 episodes (on top of the two Cartoon Network seasons) and the quality is decent. The effort is certainly in there even if it never hits the heights of the original movie.

Puppy cat isn't what it makes you think of? I know that's what it was for me lol.

Puppy cat isn't what it makes you think of? I know that's what it was for me lol.
    I've never even heard of Puppy cat.

And I'm distinctly thinking of a comic artist style

I've never even heard of Puppy cat.

And I'm distinctly thinking of a comic artist style
    It is a comic though.

Spoiler:

Well its not one I've seen. But yes, the styles are pretty similar.

Personally it's reminded me a lot of RWBY with more rounded designs.

Got about 5 episodes in. The Sea Hawk one is by far the best so far- he's such a hilarious pastiche of Han Solo that I loved him immediately.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information