+ Reply to Thread
Page 638 of 644 FirstFirst ... 138 538 588 628 636 637 638 639 640 ... LastLast
Results 12,741 to 12,760 of 12879

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Any Avengers characters in the comics you guys love that haven’t been adapted to film or tv that you’d love to see in the MCU?

Personally I’d like to see Wonderman he’s a classic member who hasn’t got any love

and now that I’ve been catching up on the Avengers and X Men stuff I missed the last half decade in the comics I’m surprised by how much I like Cannonball and Sunspot, and even though there X-Men (well technically New Mutants) I wouldn’t mind seeing them on the big screen as Avengers, which is weird for characters I barley knew existed

I know Beast and Wolverine are both on the Avengers also but I think of them more as major X-Men characters than Avengers

Where as I didn’t know much about New Mutants to begin with, outside of they existed

I'd like to see Hawkeye in the movies.

No, actual Hawkeye. Not whoever that guy is Jeremy Renner was playing the last ten years.

That aside, outside of Hercules they've done every major character on the roster in the 60's, and Beast is the only one really worth mentioning from the 70's. Mantis they put onto Guardians. Moondragon is better known as a Guardian, Hell-Cat was already in the Defenders shows sort of. Two-Gun kid is the only remaining ember of the 70's roster, and he's more a wikipedia note than a real presence. Timetravelling cowboy that had his own book and was put in Avengers to boost those sales, then sent back.

From the 80's roster we have Wonder man who could be fun. Tigra, who is tricky since live action can't seem to do cat people rights. She-Hulk who they're definitely priming for it. Starfox? They kind of missed the window to play him with Thanos, who is his BROTHER, but they're prepping to do Eternals stuff so I dunno. Namor is awesome but I don't know how they avoid comparisons to Aquaman... and he needs to be a villain first.

Once we get to the 90's the avengers are a super weird mishmash of nobodies and sometimes the Fantastic Four, and then they did Heroes Reborn and got rid of a lot of them, I don't think there's anyone to look forward to in that 20 year period. That IS when they did Thunderbolts, and we're definitely going to see that happen eventually. I wonder if they'll try to pull the same trick as the comics where the advertise them as a hero team and don't reveal they're villains until you're at the movie? That'd be hard but you kinda have to, right?

Then you get to the more modern era where they started putting in like, Luke Cage and Wolverine and Spiderman and Spiderwoman and basically the defenders lineup.

Young Avengers I guess, Wandavision was setting that up since two of Wanda's kids are members of that group.

So outside of X-Men or Fantastic Four characters? Namor is the only real biggie left.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    That IS when they did Thunderbolts, and we're definitely going to see that happen eventually. I wonder if they'll try to pull the same trick as the comics where the advertise them as a hero team and don't reveal they're villains until you're at the movie? That'd be hard but you kinda have to, right?
    Even Avengers Assemble did that except without the comic books gimmick having a number issues centered around the team the reveal coming after a while of build ......they also weirdly became heroes at the end. Though I don't know if that would work in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    and he needs to be a villain first.
    I mean does he have to?

I'd rather they have him be his typical asshole self without the villainy aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I'd rather they have him be his typical asshole self without the villainy aspect.
    Go with "antagonist" then if that word suits better.

His typical asshole self is going to run into conflicts with others. And he's a big enough deal he can carry a film as the only major problem.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Once New Avengers comes about they have a non stop flow of new characters who join to the point of basically everyone being an Avenger

It’s hard to pick out characters who really stand out once that happens

Although like I said I’ve gotten a new appreciation for Sunspot and Cannonball and I always liked Shang Chi

Unfortunately they already messed up Iron Fist

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Any Avengers characters in the comics you guys love that haven’t been adapted to film or tv that you’d love to see in the MCU?

Personally I’d like to see Wonderman he’s a classic member who hasn’t got any love
    They actually did do Wonder Man in the Hulu MODOK series, voiced by Nathan Fillion. He hated the homeless. LOL.

But I've been wanting to see Squirrel Girl for the longest time. Quirky Anna Kendrick would have been perfect for that back then but now, I don't know. Missed opportunity if you ask me. But more than anything, I've wanted to see the Spider-Doppelganger on the big screen. That monstrosity would have been a perfect cameo in one of Mysterio's illusions from Far From Home, but with the multiverse opening up, who knows?

Saw Shang-Chi opening weekend and damn, I have not enjoyed a solo Marvel movie that much in a long time! Best origin movie IMO, and a great setup for other movies with those mid- and end-credits scenes. Really looking forward to more of everything from that movie.

On that note, worried about Eternals. Huge cast needing to be introduced and developed all in the same movie? Even for Marvel, that sounds like a bad idea. Other ensemble movies they've done either set up the characters ahead of time, or like in Guardians of the Galaxy, almost half the team was so simplistic that they needed only minimal focus (Drax, Groot). But yet we still came to love them. But a team of what looks like a dozen, plus their supporting cast AND villain(s)? They need to be REAL careful how they handle the pacing and balance between everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    They actually did do Wonder Man in the Hulu MODOK series, voiced by Nathan Fillion. He hated the homeless. LOL.

But I've been wanting to see Squirrel Girl for the longest time. Quirky Anna Kendrick would have been perfect for that back then but now, I don't know. Missed opportunity if you ask me. But more than anything, I've wanted to see the Spider-Doppelganger on the big screen. That monstrosity would have been a perfect cameo in one of Mysterio's illusions from Far From Home, but with the multiverse opening up, who knows?

Saw Shang-Chi opening weekend and damn, I have not enjoyed a solo Marvel movie that much in a long time! Best origin movie IMO, and a great setup for other movies with those mid- and end-credits scenes. Really looking forward to more of everything from that movie.

On that note, worried about Eternals. Huge cast needing to be introduced and developed all in the same movie? Even for Marvel, that sounds like a bad idea. Other ensemble movies they've done either set up the characters ahead of time, or like in Guardians of the Galaxy, almost half the team was so simplistic that they needed only minimal focus (Drax, Groot). But yet we still came to love them. But a team of what looks like a dozen, plus their supporting cast AND villain(s)? They need to be REAL careful how they handle the pacing and balance between everyone.
    Well at the very least the director who is filming Eternals won both best director and best picture at the oscars recently, so there’s hope at least

But yeah seems like a lot to cram in one single movie, and I think Black Knight is in it also

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

The review embargo lift only on Sunday but (as usual) twitter have been praising The Eternals.

and there's a major spoiler going around already, pry with care in your usual cyberspaces. For those who want to know:
    Spoiler:
    Harry Styles makes a cameo as Thanos' brother

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Well at the very least the director who is filming Eternals won both best director and best picture at the oscars recently, so there’s hope at least

But yeah seems like a lot to cram in one single movie, and I think Black Knight is in it also
    Is Black Knight not one of the Eternals? I know practically zero about them, like when Guardians of the Galaxy first came out I was clueless about who they were.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Is Black Knight not one of the Eternals? I know practically zero about them, like when Guardians of the Galaxy first came out I was clueless about who they were.
    He is not an Eternal, he’s the main love interest of one of the main Eternals but he himself is not one

He does have a badass magical sword called the ebony blade

Discovered Stowaway

I do remember hearing about the blade (supposedly able to cut through anything?) but I didn't know if he had any other powers or group affiliations.

Oh fr fucks sake they changed Kamala's powers. (Ok we actually were on it for months now due to set photos and etc, still disappointing).

Huh? They changed Kamala's powers? When was this?

I thought Nova and Warlock were Namor level of relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Huh? They changed Kamala's powers? When was this?
    https://thedirect.com/article/ms-mar...han-mcu-powers

Eternals looks good, I'm rather interested in watching it. The release date is mid 2022, right?

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    *facepalm* Are they that afraid of it looking stupid? Or do they not want her to take Mr. Fantastic's place as the stretchy guy?

If even Disney Marvel can't make stretchy powers look good, I'm worried for what's going to happen with live action Luffy. Fighting with one of those sticky hand toys.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

1) Stretchy powers are too expensive for Marvel tv budget (pff)
    2)The Inhumnas are being retconed out of the MCU
    3)God forbid it, they want the powers to look similar to Danvers and Rambeau

Venom's not having it that good in the box office either, and unfortunately for it, Eternals is right next corner.

No doubts why Marvel changed their dates(again). Spidy 3 is still the real deal this year, there's no way it doesn't become the highest grossing film of 2021.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information