+ Reply to Thread
Page 637 of 645 FirstFirst ... 137 537 587 627 635 636 637 638 639 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,740 of 12884

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

I dunno. I liked her just fine in her role in WandaVision but I doubt she will be as compelling on her own.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

All in all it probably won't be as awkward as watching Letitia Wright in Wakanda Forever while apparently expressing Anti-Vax skepticism on set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    All in all it probably won't be as awkward as watching Letitia Wright in Wakanda Forever while apparently expressing Anti-Vax skepticism on set.
    Not to mention transphobia a little while ago.

Really blows my mind that Disney is keeping on so many actors who keep saying dumb shit. :/
    She/Her
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

I guess Gina Carano made these people think more consciously about what to say and what not to say in public.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The actual article says its still just rumors at this point. COULD return. Not confirmed yet.
    Confirmed:
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/wan...BBjr6ADZCviaHE

I mean . . . Agatha was great and all, but does she really need her own series? Feels like Disney is going to make a series for any character that's remotely popular lately.

Why is this needed, she was cool sure, but I don’t want to watch a whole show based around her, this is when the shows become less about enjoyment and more about required homework to keep up with the MCU

I’m not looking forward to this at all, but I kind have to watch to stay up to date

Depending on what the reviews say, I may just read the wiki and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Confirmed:
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/wan...BBjr6ADZCviaHE

I mean . . . Agatha was great and all, but does she really need her own series? Feels like Disney is going to make a series for any character that's remotely popular lately.
    Blame Guardians of The Galaxy.

I can’t wait til they start brining x men to the MCU, and more minor members start getting the recognition they deserve

And I would really really love to see Cannonball and Sunspots bromance on the big screen, and technically they are avengers

I’m still upset that they ruined the chance to have a great Luke Cage and Iron Fist bromance in the MCU

No one could've foreseen how terrible Iron Fist would be and how forgettable Defenders would be or the weird shit behind the scenes that led to the cancellations of all the Netflix TV shows (sans Iron Fist).

Disney seemingly having no plans for the characters you can put heat on them for that.

They could always the the Agatha series to bring in new Marvel characters to the MCU.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Why is this needed, she was cool sure, but I don’t want to watch a whole show based around her, this is when the shows become less about enjoyment and more about required homework to keep up with the MCU

I’m not looking forward to this at all, but I kind have to watch to stay up to date
    What's become ironic about this complaint is that I've realized Marvel and Disney's All-In on Marvel content is basically just the comics release model. Put out as much stuff as possible for all kinds of people. I really doubt the intention is to make it feel like a bunch of homework. I think its akin to Marvel Events that are spread out across most of the series, but you really only have to pay attention to the main one.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

I know I'm late, but holy shit how good is Into the Spiderverse please? I'm totally flashed right now. Been ages since I enjoyed a movie through and through, start to finish.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/w...l3-1235086598/

Will Poulter joins the MCU as Adam Warlock in GotG 3.

Warlock's the brooding philosopher type in the comics; a guy who takes things very seriously. I doubt someone like that would work in a GotG movie. Wonder how they'll change him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hide View Post
    https://variety.com/2021/film/news/w...l3-1235086598/

Will Poulter joins the MCU as Adam Warlock in GotG 3.

Warlock's the brooding philosopher type in the comics; a guy who takes things very seriously. I doubt someone like that would work in a GotG movie. Wonder how they'll change him.
    The contrast between the fun and energetic energy from the Guardians and the very serieus Warlock could be where the fun will be.

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - Holy Shitballs

Ronan wasn't a stand-up comedian either

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    The difference is that Warlock will probably join the Guardians and have to work in that group dynamic, but I'm sure they will make it work :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Abel View Post
    The difference is that Warlock will probably join the Guardians and have to work in that group dynamic, but I'm sure they will make it work :)
    Sure but Ronan is a precedent that putting serious, brooding characters and the Guardians of the Galaxy together can just as well lead to funny moments

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Abel View Post
    The contrast between the fun and energetic energy from the Guardians and the very serieus Warlock could be where the fun will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    A problem with making Warlock contrastingly serious is that it's been done twice before with Ronan and also Drax. Would get pretty redundant and boring if Warlock ended up being basically Golden Ronan.

So long as they don’t make him Starlord 2.0 you can bring some levity to the character.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information