+ Reply to Thread
Page 636 of 645 FirstFirst ... 136 536 586 626 634 635 636 637 638 ... LastLast
Results 12,701 to 12,720 of 12890

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Also its like one hour a week I feel if you want to diversify you still can.
    1 hour a week... if you keep up with it. If you fall behind even a little it becomes a big backlog and a dedicated project fast.

Especially if you're trying to schedule watching it with someone else.

Like my wife and I never got around to Falcon and WS so now it's instead of being an "easy" thing, its a 6 hour miniseries waiting for dedicated time that has to push something else back.

I don't even care about those characters or want to watch it, but its required homework if we're going to keep up with whatever comes next.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

What If is telling dope stories, but I really hate the animation with all my heart.

Well, Shang-Chi is pretty damn fun, and doesn't take itself too serious. Quite a visual treat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

So the Ditcko's State caused an uproar to sue to terminate Spiderman's Marvel (Disney) copyright. Good for them. Fuck the Mouse.

It's concerning Spidey and Strange. They most likely want Disney to negotiate more favorable terms. I see many on r/ and Twitter panicking as if it's the end of the world if Disney doesn't get their way.

I hope the Ditkos win. In fact, I hope we're closer than not to the day that anything older than twenty years or that has accumulated more than $10,000,000 becomes public domain. Fuck the Mouse.
    She/Her
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

I really don't want everything to become Public Domain, that would be waaaaaaaay to hectic and hard to follow, you think they overdo things now, watch 90 Spider Man movies in a single year with no way for the casual viewer to know which one is from which universe, I mean sure obviously us dedicated fans would know but regular people.... it would be a nightmare, I have a hard enough time explaining to my parents why X-Men and fantastic four are part of Marvel but aren't part of the MCU..... but now oh wait they will be, but it's not connected to those other ones, I'm sure I'm not the only one with experiences like this

and not just with Super Hero movies but with everything, as million James Bonds, Terminators, Jurassic Parks etc. they'll absolutely destroy all these franchises in hopes they'll make it big, because studios don't give two shits about the product as long as they think it will make them a buck

and there will be even less chance that new series get created with this, people are talking about how Hollywood doesn't try new ideas, why make something new that could potentially flop when you now have rights to series like Star Wars, Star Trek, the Matrix etc. they all have proven to make money, why spend a chance on the little indie idea that might not work

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I really don't want everything to become Public Domain, that would be waaaaaaaay to hectic and hard to follow, you think they overdo things now, watch 90 Spider Man movies in a single year with no way for the casual viewer to know which one is from which universe, I mean sure obviously us dedicated fans would know but regular people.... it would be a nightmare, I have a hard enough time explaining to my parents why X-Men and fantastic four are part of Marvel but aren't part of the MCU..... but now oh wait they will be, but it's not connected to those other ones, I'm sure I'm not the only one with experiences like this

and not just with Super Hero movies but with everything, as million James Bonds, Terminators, Jurassic Parks etc. they'll absolutely destroy all these franchises in hopes they'll make it big, because studios don't give two shits about the product as long as they think it will make them a buck

and there will be even less chance that new series get created with this, people are talking about how Hollywood doesn't try new ideas, why make something new that could potentially flop when you now have rights to series like Star Wars, Star Trek, the Matrix etc. they all have proven to make money, why spend a chance on the little indie idea that might not work
    I really don't think that would be the way it would work. No way in hell. The would be a looooooooot of rip offs but it wouldn't created a deluge of the same piece of media being done by every one every year.
    I would turn more like how all espisodic show have done their version of "A Christmas Carol" or "Fantastic Voyage".
    It's more about the creators and their families (states) gaining their fair share over the companies that make bucks and repass pennies to them.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    I really don't think that would be the way it would work. No way in hell. The would be a looooooooot of rip offs but it wouldn't created a deluge of the same piece of media being done by every one every year.
    I would turn more like how all espisodic show have done their version of "A Christmas Carol" or "Fantastic Voyage".
    It's more about the creators and their families (states) gaining their fair share over the companies that make bucks and repass pennies to them.
    I don't know I see it as a possibility, the second part of what you said I agree 100%, creators and there families deserve the money for what they created, I don't know why fat corporations can't give more to the actual creators who made the things people love in the first place, the amount they pay them is pitiful at best, I'd totally support creators and there families making more money, sign me up

That all sounds plenty good in comparison to these massive franchises built off the dollars given by people go toward making corporations and a few people obscenely wealthy. Hell, even $10,000,000 is obscene wealth but I used the number as an arbitrary example.
    She/Her

I don't know I see it as a possibility, the second part of what you said I agree 100%, creators and there families deserve the money for what they created, I don't know why fat corporations can't give more to the actual creators who made the things people love in the first place, the amount they pay them is pitiful at best, I'd totally support creators and there families making more money, sign me up
    Because corporations are run by greedy suits that have their sole reason to live being maximize the dividends to the shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post

This is literally what has happened to Cinderella for the last few decades
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

FINALLY saw Shang-Chi. What fun! As an Asian-American, I highly approve.

Spoiler:
    I now need a Morris plushie

Let There Be Carnage was pretty good. Better than the first one, I think. But the big thing is...

Spoiler:
    No, for real, this is big
    Spoiler:
    Venom's in the MCU now

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Let There Be Carnage was pretty good. Better than the first one, I think. But the big thing is...

Spoiler:
    No, for real, this is big
    Spoiler:
    Venom's in the MCU now
    I have ZERO desire to see the movie (I haven't liked Venom since I was a small child and he was still a *new* character in the late 80's) and doubt I ever will, but do you care to elaborate on that specific detail?
    Last edited by Robby; October 2nd, 2021 at 05:44 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I have ZERO desire to see the movie (I haven't liked Venom since I was a small child and he was still a *new* character in the late 80's) and doubt I ever will, but do you care to elaborate on that specific detail?
    Spoiler:
    In the credits scene, Eddie and Venom somehow warp into the MCU universe (it's not explained) and see the broadcast of JJJ revealing Peter's identity. So yeah, pretty strongly implied they'll be in No Way Home.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/disney-...nt-1234847437/ I guess I'm a few days late, but ScarJo and Disney have settled her lawsuit. Kinda funny how amiably they now talk about their relationship after all that mud-slinging earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    https://deadline.com/2021/09/disney-...nt-1234847437/ I guess I'm a few days late, but ScarJo and Disney have settled her lawsuit. Kinda funny how amiably they now talk about their relationship after all that mud-slinging earlier.
    Capitalism is a hell of a thing. If being friendly gets you money then the greedy fucks will argue for public friendliness.
    She/Her

A certain character from WandaVision is getting their own series on Disney+.

https://gizmodo.com/report-wandavisi...-ag-1847817612

The actual article says its still just rumors at this point. COULD return. Not confirmed yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information