+ Reply to Thread
Page 633 of 644 FirstFirst ... 133 533 583 623 631 632 633 634 635 643 ... LastLast
Results 12,641 to 12,660 of 12871

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Otto is back bitches.

Huh, he doesn't even look like he did in 2004, he just looks thinner and with more hair. Hmm...

I hope they continue his redemption arc, at least.
    She/Her
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

Every-single-rumor about NWH turned out to be true, lmao.

I will never trust Sony a secret.

Well we've officially know for ages Doc Ock and Electro would be in it with their old actors.

Still no confirmation on past Spideys. That's hopefully something they wouldn't give away in the trailers, but I don't know any way to avoid spoilers on that when the movie hits except to just turn off the internet off for a week and see it immediately.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So, after 4 films of sacrifice and being responsible, Strange's growth is rewritten to help Peter with that dumb favor? This better have a good explanation or it might be worse than FFH making Peter a complete idiot to give up EDITH like that.

That Green Goblin giggle (please tell me Willem Defoe is there) and Ok showing up were highlights.

My ONLY slight complaint with this is that Strange is a big part of what is Spidey's movie. Of the teaser, anyway. If they're smart they'll be like Homecoming where Iron Man was actually in the movie very little.

Anyone else wondering if Wong is taking that apparent trip to go to where Shang-Chi is?

Folks have decided that the figure who is having his face cropped off in the trailer, has the same outfit and hairy arms of Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock, so... maybe Daredevil?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    My ONLY slight complaint with this is that Strange is a big part of what is Spidey's movie. Of the teaser, anyway. If they're smart they'll be like Homecoming where Iron Man was actually in the movie very little.
    I hope one day we will get a spider-man movie with the Hulk in it and also Doc Ock with adamantium/vibranium tentacles that beats the shit out of Hulk, like in the comics.

People always say the MCU "gets the characters right" but as someone unfamiliar with his original depiction...is this how Strange usually acts? With the winking, and the hoodie and stuff? I always thought he was more serious, but here he's giving off big, BIG RDJ as Tony Stark vibes. Like, I could see the exact dialogue/scenes transposed over to Stark and working. Like I said, unfamiliar with the comics though, but it just feels like such personality Deja Vu that its striking to me.

The only thing Strange should have in common with Iron Man is that they like to have sex with college students.

I'm not a fan of MCU Strange at all and don't like Spidey or his first two solo films very much either. If this has Tobey in it, though, I'll watch it. Otherwise I'll maybe catch it when it's free on Disney Plus.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Well, expectations are rising. This could be incredible if only for thee dozens of possible cameos they can throw in there, much less the story of Spiderman almost destroying the universe.

Also, I'm reminded again of why I loved Mysterio as a villian. The man made plans for himself after the end of his part in that movie, and those actions are having an effect into the next movie and possibly more depending on how things play out. I appreciate how spiteful this version of Mysterio is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    The only thing Strange should have in common with Iron Man is that they like to have sex with college students.
    And don't forget Bendis "Awesome Facial Hair bros" joke.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Spiderman destroying the universe by accident seems very in brand for me, but I'm not that into Marvel comics.

If Dafoe is in PLEASE give him a better armor, I beg you

Strange showing the same matrix-y powers from his solo movie is nice, but after watching the gang up on Thanos I do expect much more form his next cameos.

If the leak info proved true to all Marvel upcoming titles, Quantumania will be a blast

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Folks have decided that the figure who is having his face cropped off in the trailer, has the same outfit and hairy arms of Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock, so... maybe Daredevil?
    Where was that? And maybe Murdock is in it because Spidey needs a lawyer?

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    People always say the MCU "gets the characters right" but as someone unfamiliar with his original depiction...is this how Strange usually acts? With the winking, and the hoodie and stuff? I always thought he was more serious, but here he's giving off big, BIG RDJ as Tony Stark vibes. Like, I could see the exact dialogue/scenes transposed over to Stark and working. Like I said, unfamiliar with the comics though, but it just feels like such personality Deja Vu that its striking to me.
    He can be very serious, but he had plenty of sassiness in his movie. And sneaking around the other sorcerers when he wanted something. The hoodie is new, though.

so I've heard that the people responsible for the leaked cell-phone recording of SpierMan's trailer, are going straight to be burn in the bonfire.

I'm excited for the cameos. But I want these films to have more drama and weight, and unfortunately it doesn't look like this one will have it either. And why is Strange casting such a powerful spell, all the while allowing this stupid teenager to interrupt it? :/

Strange went through 4 films of proving to develop into a responsible, but not w/o fault, sorcerer. 1st film showed that it's not about him and he should sacrifice anything for the greater good with the Ancient one's reveal. 2nd film, he's roping in Loki and Thor as the responsible sorcerer and sending them directly to Odin, 3rd - 14 million futures and gives up Time Stone, 4th film gives Tony the signal to make that sacrifice.

His character arc has been consistent until now possibly.

Possibilities
    - That Strange in the trailer is him and the writers are doing a disservice to the character
    - it's him and he has everything under control, possibly teaching Peter a lesson
    - it's not exactly him and there's a catch

With what FFH established, they were able to make the fake Earths narrative work for Mysterio. Hopefully, the first possibility is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Where was that? And maybe Murdock is in it because Spidey needs a lawyer?
    At the 30 second mark a guy in a white shirt and black tie with his face off camera slams down a folder.

I think its grasping at straws personally.

Since I posted that last night others have noted that if that's Charlie Cox he's put on a few pounds. And that the guy is also in this shot, not using a cane or pretending to be blind..

So I don't think its actually anything.

I wonder if they might have Tom Holland puts costume of the other spiderman to show that he is taking their place everytime meaning in-universe he bodysnatch them but we the audience see it as Holland

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information