+ Reply to Thread
Page 631 of 644 FirstFirst ... 131 531 581 621 629 630 631 632 633 641 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,620 of 12879

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Shaking my head extra hard at Disney really hoping that they cave and put it on Disney+ earlier.
    She/Her
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

I already bought tickets to see it on the Thursday and Friday it comes out with friends

but I would have preferred Disney plus since I would have saved lots more money, cause every time a Marvel movie comes out I see it once with my friends from work, once with my friends from my hometown, once with my Mom and once with my dad

So I end up saving a lot of money when they put it on Disney Plus for 30 bucks

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

I don’t know what to make of this. There’s going to be IMAX screenings tomorrow in 25 theatres at 7 pm local time of Shang-Chi.

Is this a stunt to push people to come out to theatres? Or does Marvel really believe in this movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Well, Simu Liu had something to say about being an "experiment".
    https://www.comicsands.com/shang-chi...c7TnHOYAmIs1QE

You go, Shang.

It makes perfect sense from a strictly business point of view, they already know how much they can cash in with simultaneus releases thanks to Black Widow, they want to try this out and see how it goes.

I suppose Eternals and Spider-Man would be released according to which experiment worked the best between Black Widow and Shang-Chi, at least as long as the Pandemic remains.

Second episode of What If was good.

Spoiler:
    T'Challa being taken instead of Quill felt kind of arbitrary, but it was pretty hilarious how it turned out to be the best thing to ever happen to the universe. Also, it has one of Chadwick Boseman's last performances (I think he's going to appear in a few more episodes) so it's worth watching just for that.

Djimon Hounsou's performance is the best i've seen in all of these episodes.

The early buzz about Shang-Chi is VERY encouraging:
    https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...h-epic-action/

Definitely going early. Just double-mask.

New Eternals trailer just dropped!
    NNID: TrowaAyanami
    3DS: 2964-8696-4030

The visuals in this look amazing. Also, is that our first look at a Celestial?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    No, one appeared in the first Guardians of the Galaxy when the collector showed a video of the infinity gem

Default Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    From what I gathered Ego was rebranded as a Celestial in the MCU, and Knowhere of GotG Vol. 1 is inside a dead Celestial's skull. Where does What If...?s Watcher fall?

Hmm, Eternals still hasn't really won me over. I'm not familiar with the Eternals from the comics, but then I wasn't familiar with GotG either, but the trailer for that movie immediately won me over with the characters' natural charm the movie's unique style. Everything about the Eternals trailer just feels very standard. I mean, it's a Marvel movie, so of course I'm gonna see it and I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'm just not thrilled for it.

In a comicbook.com exclusive, Feige has confirmed that Riri Williams will debut in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

Spoiler:

source - https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/bl...inique-thorne/

I’ve been reading Marvel comics since I was in Elementary School and I know nothing about the Eternals

So does anyone know what comics I should read to get up to date? The Essential Eternals reading

Ooh ok, lots of stuff.

Ok, I hope the Eternals also introduce us to the Living Tribunal, that's one badass and remarkable cosmic entity, much like The Watcher or Galactus, its too classic to be left out of business.

I like that IronHeart is debuting in Black Panther 2, that's a smart choice, this movie should bassically be released during black history/pride month, I mean com' on!!

Anthony Mackie's been confirmed for Captain America 4, I'm becoming a huge fan of this Cap, but while his suit is exactly the one in the comics, I think it didnt work as well, a redesign would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I’ve been reading Marvel comics since I was in Elementary School and I know nothing about the Eternals

So does anyone know what comics I should read to get up to date? The Essential Eternals reading
    You don't. They were a Kirby passion project, and as a writer, Kirby was a great artist.

They were meant to be the big cosmic explanation of where all the powers and backstories and THINGS came from.

This was *after* Kirby had already tried to do the same thing at DC with Darkseid and the New Gods and all those titles got cancelled because no one cared about those characters except for Darkseid.

In both cases, after Kirby stopped working on them, no one knew what to do with them, so they retconned and reworked, and retconned and reworked, and retconned and reworked, and nothing has stuck or been definitive.

Similarly, no one has ever really gotten the Inhumans to work except as antagonists to the fantastic four, despite having a couple strong iconic characters there's never been anything THERE for anyone to make anything out of, they've just been around so long that its assumed there must be SOMETHING to them..

So they're characters that *exist* but you're not missing anything.

It's pretty likely the movie will be the best version we've gotten of them, if for no other reason than it gets a clean slate and isn't trying to explain 50 years of comics continuity.

Moviebob did a LONG summary on all their... stuff, but i'm loathe to link to him since it came out he's kind of awful on twitter.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    You don't. They were a Kirby passion project, and as a writer, Kirby was a great artist.

They were meant to be the big cosmic explanation of where all the powers and backstories and THINGS came from.

This was *after* Kirby had already tried to do the same thing at DC with Darkseid and the New Gods and all those titles got cancelled because no one cared about those characters except for Darkseid.

In both cases, after Kirby stopped working on them, no one knew what to do with them, so they retconned and reworked, and retconned and reworked, and retconned and reworked, and nothing has stuck or been definitive.

Similarly, no one has ever really gotten the Inhumans to work except as antagonists to the fantastic four, despite having a couple strong iconic characters there's never been anything THERE for anyone to make anything out of, they've just been around so long that its assumed there must be SOMETHING to them..

So they're characters that *exist* but you're not missing anything.

It's pretty likely the movie will be the best version we've gotten of them, if for no other reason than it gets a clean slate and isn't trying to explain 50 years of comics continuity.

Moviebob did a LONG summary on all their... stuff, but i'm loathe to link to him since it came out he's kind of awful on twitter.
    Oh okay, I was gonna read up on them but I guess I don’t need to, thanks!

Also I didn’t know Movie Bob was bad, that stinks I liked a lot of his vids

Also it makes more sense they didn’t make a movie based off Inhumans since there story is close to identical to that off the Eternals (from what little I do know)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Also I didn’t know Movie Bob was bad, that stinks I liked a lot of his vids
    I really like his videos too. I'm not boycotting him, it's not a JK Rowling or Orson Scott Card situation where his views are just backwards and awful ---phobe, he's not racist or sexist, .but I can't fully endorse him any more either.

He's very disgruntled about the folks that elected Trump and are keeping covid going. Rightly so, but the particular level at which he shows that displeasure is... a bit much. I was really put off by it.

Also it makes more sense they didn’t make a movie based off Inhumans since there story is close to identical to that off the Eternals (from what little I do know)
    They're about as similar as the Inhumans are to the X-Men. As in a studio exec with no knowledge of the history and only the barest grasp of their deal could go "they're the same thing!" but they're really not.

Oh hell, here's the video. 4 parter combined into one monster. I don't theink there's anything else as comprehensive or psuedo straightforward, so its legit the best video. Have something else to do while you watch it, it's loooong.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I really like his videos too. I'm not boycotting him, it's not a JK Rowling or Orson Scott Card situation where his views are just backwards and awful ---phobe, he's not racist or sexist, .but I can't fully endorse him any more either.

He's very disgruntled about the folks that elected Trump and are keeping covid going. Rightly so, but the particular level at which he shows that displeasure is... a bit much. I was really put off by it.

They're about as similar as the Inhumans are to the X-Men. As in a studio exec with no knowledge of the history and only the barest grasp of their deal could go "they're the same thing!" but they're really not.

Oh hell, here's the video. 4 parter combined into one monster. I don't theink there's anything else as comprehensive or psuedo straightforward, so its legit the best video. Have something else to do while you watch it, it's loooong.

Alright thanks Robby! I’ll watch it when I have some time

Also the trailer made there powers all look similar to each other, some sort of gold flowing energy that can be beams, lances, swords and shields, is that true to the comic book interpretation?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information