+ Reply to Thread
Page 627 of 644 FirstFirst ... 127 527 577 617 625 626 627 628 629 637 ... LastLast
Results 12,521 to 12,540 of 12879

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

I'll be waiting till is free on disney+.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Caught up on Loki and . . . omg I died laughing. How can they do that with a straight face!?

Spoiler:
    I totally called Mobius driving a pizza car. It would have been bonus points if it was Pizza Planet.

Does this mean Deadpool is now canonically in the MCU?

I died laughing watching that too. Oh, Deadpool. And hey, if they were allowed to use Korg, maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    Deadpool is the one character that can jump studios with no further explanation or a quick gag.

The real question is, is he bringing the X-Men with him? They only ever really had like, 5 mutants, but...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post

R-rated Deadpool 3 has already been greenlit by Feige. How he's gonna be integrated into the rest of the MCU that's gonna have to "tame" him. I guess he will appear after the X-men are introduced, or his movie can be used to introduce mutants to MCU earth as a breach from a Multiverse into aother.

That Loki finale was something...

That was a really weak episode to end the season on. Yeah the actual *ending* promises possibilities, for this show and upcoming movies, but the hour before it was... not good.

Like, I know the comics and what that was about and even I was just going .....
    Last edited by Robby; July 15th, 2021 at 08:46 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Kang is supposed to be a big deal tho, perfect tier for the Avengers 5 villain role.

Loki bassically is the guy who only always introduces us to the main villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    That was a really weak episode to end the season on. Yeah the actual *ending* promises possibilities, for this show and upcoming movies, but the hour before it was... not good.

Like, I know the comics and what that was about and even I was just going .....
    Spoiler:
    I don't see why they swapped out the lizard men for Kang. I expected the true founder of the TVA to be some big surprise that would change the whole nature of everything that had happened in the season. But it's no, it's just some weird pseudo-mystical guy. They may as well have kept the lizard men and just made that their motivation.

But whatever. We have Kang and I guess it'll be cool to see what they do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Spoiler:
    I don't see why they swapped out the lizard men for Kang. I expected the true founder of the TVA to be some big surprise that would change the whole nature of everything that had happened in the season. But it's no, it's just some weird pseudo-mystical guy. They may as well have kept the lizard men and just made that their motivation.

But whatever. We have Kang and I guess it'll be cool to see what they do with him.
    Well the silly thing is
    Spoiler:
    It's a surprise twist reveal, but for the vast, vast majority of the audience, that reveal is going to mean absolutely nothing.

Heck, they don't even CALL him Kang, they dance around it a little bit. You have to see the costume they put on his statue at the end to get it.

But introducing the character with an hour-long monologue was NOT the way to do it.

Of course, for the "surprise twist" reveal to work, it woul have to be someone the audience knows. In which case it would have to be a character that's already been in the MCU. given they're low on iconic instantly recognizable villains outside of I dunno, Red Skull, and don't have acceess to the Spider villains,... I dunno, it'd have to have been Doctor Doom or something.

Or even better, alternate version of one of the heroes. WHat if it had been Cap giving that speech? I know all the first gen actors are done with their roles but...

But instead... for most audiences that's just going to be "guy who talked a lot then died and somehow won from doing that." It's just... uuff.

As someone who did not know who the guy was, I was still sufficiently excited at the possibilities of the finale, invested in the performance of the villain and satisfied with the character resolutions of our protagonists. With that said I wish the weird man wore his stupid helmet.

I liked this season of Loki.

Spoiler:
    They made sure to keep Loki and his narrative at the forefront. I feared the MCU larger plot could drown out the series and it complemented the series instead. He Who Remains (not a Nate Richards, but inspired by Immortus and HWR) is similar to his comic counterparts. Most of the Nate Richards are driven by curiosity at their core. They veer off to do many things, but keep this as part of their character.

He Who Remains is like Sylvie to me. An amalgamation. The actress even said that Sylvie is neither Lady Loki nor Enchantress. They are both evidently inspirations to Sylvie. He Who Remains is inspired by HWR (not a Nate Richards) and Immortus (a Nate Richards). He is not Kang as most are throwing around. Kang can become him based on the logic that HWR laid out tho. The director echoed my understanding of what that character was.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/loki-se...us-1234794570/

I love how the point of that dispute towards the end was that Sylvie doesn't trust anyone and also had blinders on due to wanting to kill whoever is responsible for her circumstance.

She didn't care who was in her way and throwing the "I don't believe him" in there was to show that she acknowledged Loki despite not being able to trust anyone.

Basically the most untrustworthy person in the world has gained a slither of trust out of a person who can't trust. I find putting that together as ridiculous. This is why He Who Remains is so entertained. Every Nate Richards in the comics is driven by curiosity despite their ego and bravado. Loki defied his predictability and Sylvie couldn't. HWR allowed this paved road to get a proper TVA leader and Loki fit the bill. Too bad Sylvie couldn't get out of her narrative. Sylvie did exactly what Mobius said all Lokis do. They cause pain and havoc that results in other characters becoming greater. Sylvie did that to Loki. This is the purpose. It isn't about whether He Who Remains is believed by Sylvie. It's about Sylvie letting, the last person in the Multiverse that she is supposed to trust, in just a lil.

"I don't want a throne". That line hit. Many complained that the whole series felt like a BBC special because the British accents, but I loved the performances. I honestly expected Ikol more than Immortus to be behind this. Those who speculated more about Kang didn't even use the fact that since the 1st episode the tech has been everywhere. From the machine that provided what Loki would say to the robot that destroyed his clothes. The robotic Timekeepers with the magical runes all over the room. Miss Minutes sweating when Ravonna would request files.

I speculate that both science and magic can assist in doing the same thing. Wanda's ability was said to be probability by Agatha. She altered reality. He Who Remains predicts characters with whatever tech or algorithm he uses and can oversee the timeline that way. The TVA agent asked Loki to sign that he has made all of those statements and it further proved that he can be predicted. What Sylvie and Loki did to Alioth and their idea to hide in apocalypse seem like basics that HWR figured out a long time ago. I would throw what Strange did in IW there as well.

As far as Majors performance, it was beautiful. I couldn't shut up about Da 5 Bloods last year. When they announced he would play Kang in Quantumania, I felt they made a great choice. Didn't expect he would pop up as Immortus in this series that much. He stood on top of the table, stomped, expressed humility, his eyes sparkled as the Lokis had a spat. He really rein in the core of all Nate Richards. He was like a child filled with excitement, but also showed that he considered it might be his end. The character was willing to end it all just to see the outcome of what the Lokis decided.

I remember Loki asking the other Lokis about meeting a female variant of themselves and many of them were in disgust or described it as "terrifying" lol. Well, Sylvie was the key all along. Mobius was a treat. He was ahead of Loki for most of the series. Mobius was like payback for all the times Loki picked on Thor.

My only issue is that it took a while to get to the meat of the story. Felt like the writers were holding my hand through it too much. Those 1st 2 episodes could've been 1.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

As someone who had no idea we were supposed to recorgnize the final villain, I thought it was not entertaining at all. And a bit illogical, because the concept of infnity in the series doesn't actually make sense.

The whole series is kinda stale, and once again MCU fails to deliver in the finale. Sylvia and her relationship with Loki was entertaining, but unfortunatelly that's all I'll carry forward from the show. I fully thought that the villain would be Miss Minute lol, so I was expecting something else from her besides being an errand girl.

As someone who has read dozens of comics with the main villain of this show I was absolutely ecstatic at the reveal

But if you don’t read the comics and know who he is it probably wouldn’t mean that much

I suppose Marvel could explain later, but isn't super weird that Kang is operating over all realities without the Eternals/Celestials/Living Tribunal/or whatever cosmic forces would be there to(you know) not allow him to do THAT!?

If the He Who remains reveal works for you because of Kang, great. I absolutely think it works without knowing who he is referencing, though, because of the brilliant performance and the reveal at the very end.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I suppose Marvel could explain later, but isn't super weird that Kang is operating over all realities without the Eternals/Celestials/Living Tribunal/or whatever cosmic forces would be there to(you know) not allow him to do THAT!?
    If you know anything about comic books you know that beings of great power that are supposed to keep certain things or people in check don't always do their jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I don't read Marvel and I thought the He Who Remains character worked. He's a herald pf the coming threat and that's great.
    She/Her
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Thanos wiped out half the universe and they didn't care enough to get off their asses. What do they care if some schlub with a portal gun conquers some planets?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information