+ Reply to Thread
Page 613 of 619 FirstFirst ... 113 513 563 603 611 612 613 614 615 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,260 of 12378

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

The whole retcon
    Spoiler:
    Of Pietro and Wanda not being Erik's sons is so dumb to me. But after what the pretender did to mutantdom let that be.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Spoiler:
    In the comics Wanda absolutely has chaos magic. There's been about a million retcons over if Magneto is her father or not or if she's even a mutant but her powers started as "bad luck hex powers" and then slowly power creeped to "muck with reality". She also had magic born kids with Vision in the comics. Won't say more for another another week since that may play out similar here.

As for the powers? Going by the color coded energies, with Agatha being purple, normal witches being blue, Wanda being red, and soul stone being yellow...

I think the implication for this episode is that the soul stone unlocked Wanda's powers but is also what created Vision... but as a result of that there's just a bit of soul stone power in Wanda that if pushed the right way could make Vision again.

As for why there's no Doctor Strange showing up? Well, he'd be expensive! However, they have teased "a major surprise guest on par with the end of Mandalorian" and its hard to imagine who that could possibly be EXCEPT one of the big movie names, so maybe they do have Strange show up... especially since we know Wanda is going to be in his next movie... which is the "Multiverse of Madness". Or... "MOM"...
    Spoiler:
    I heard that her kids from the comics were with Vision, but I guess it's better that I don't know more. The "mind stone power in Wanda" being able to make Vision again seems a bit of a stretch (it's mind stone in the MCU, right?), but I would be a-ok with it if it means we get Vision back, because Paul Bettany has been awesome in this show.

It would definitely be expensive to get Benedict Cumberbatch to show up even for a cameo, but it would be easier/cheaper to get Wong to come, so why not him?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Spoiler:
    I heard that her kids from the comics were with Vision, but I guess it's better that I don't know more. The "mind stone power in Wanda" being able to make Vision again seems a bit of a stretch (it's mind stone in the MCU, right?), but I would be a-ok with it if it means we get Vision back, because Paul Bettany has been awesome in this show.

It would definitely be expensive to get Benedict Cumberbatch to show up even for a cameo, but it would be easier/cheaper to get Wong to come, so why not him?
    Spoiler:
    Mind, soul. eh, whatever. I'm not keeping track of which infinity gem was used for what, they all blended together. Overpowered magic maguffin that does whatever the plot needs it to.

And yeah sure, it'd be cheaper to get Wong, but absolutely no one would care about that. That's not an exciting hype talk about moment. That's not " a surprise on par with Mandalorian's guest star".

It'd be like if you finally acknowledged the Daredevil show was canon in the movies, but you didn't get Daredevil or Kingpin, but just dragged Foggy in. Yeah, he's a fine character and it'd be nice to see him but, but...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Spoiler:
    This episode they mentioned Quicksilver’s body was on another continent, do you think they were hinting at his revival? Would that make death seem really cheap if both Vision and Quicksilver came back to life? And will we ever get Wonder Man in the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Spoiler:
    Would that make death seem really cheap if both Vision and Quicksilver came back to life?
    Spoiler:
    Well, death is cheap in the comics. May as well be cheap in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Spoiler:
    Well, death is cheap in the comics. May as well be cheap in the movies.
    Spoiler:

I guess so

who do you guys think the Cameo is going to be? My bets are on Doctor Strange/Benedict Cumberbatch or possibly Quick Silver/Aaron Taylor Johnson

Been rewatching Spectacular Spider Man

Sigh

This show is so good it hurts. Just the pitch perfect balance of the character. I'm only 4 episodes in, and Peter has just ruined his first paycheck from the bugle, a paycheck he got by jeopardizing his friendships with Eddie Brock and Harry Osborn. I love it.

But man it sucks watching the Lizard episode, knowing that the show would never get to the full blown intelligent mad scientist version of the character.

This is apparently five years old but youtube decided to throw it up today so whatevs.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

LOL.

I fucking love Downey. And is that Elizabeth Olsen in the background watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Been rewatching Spectacular Spider Man

Sigh

This show is so good it hurts. Just the pitch perfect balance of the character. I'm only 4 episodes in, and Peter has just ruined his first paycheck from the bugle, a paycheck he got by jeopardizing his friendships with Eddie Brock and Harry Osborn. I love it.

But man it sucks watching the Lizard episode, knowing that the show would never get to the full blown intelligent mad scientist version of the character.
    God, that show was the perfect distillation of what makes Spidey work. It's been years since I've watched it. What is it streaming on?
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    God, that show was the perfect distillation of what makes Spidey work. It's been years since I've watched it. What is it streaming on?
    Danish Netflix I'm afraid

Spectacular will always get points from me for being one of the few things to recognize that The Shocker is a hard counter to the Symbiotes.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Shocker is weird because of his name, and the yellow color of his suit, everyone always thinks he has electric powers instead of ... shock wave based ones.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    It's also on Canadian netflix so... no idea if its on the US one.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Shocker is weird because of his name, and the yellow color of his suit, everyone always thinks he has electric powers instead of ... shock wave based ones.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It's also on Canadian netflix so... no idea if its on the US one.
    We don't have it. So it goes. I found some cool looking Japanese history series while i was looking, though, so I'm a-ok.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

I haven't seen Spectacular Spider-Man, but I keep hearing about how great it is. It's on my list.

Discovered Stowaway bryannmaina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    The whole retcon
    Spoiler:
    Of Pietro and Wanda not being Erik's sons is so dumb to me. But after what the pretender did to mutantdom let that be.
    Spoiler:
    You do realise Wanda and Quicksilver bring Erikís children was also a Retcon

So itís very understandable if the MCU goes this route. Because Charles and Erik could be very different in the MCU due to the time frame. Erik would be pretty old by now considering itís 2023 in the MCU and most holocaust survivors are very old now. But that also could depend on Wandaís age as well
    Last edited by bryannmaina; March 3rd, 2021 at 03:56 AM.
    beware

Hey, old men can still father babies way into their later years. Charlie Chaplin was 73 when his youngest kid was born.

I don't know anything about Wundagore Mountain, but it's an interesting theory (slight WandaVision spoilers):
    https://screenrant.com/wandavision-c...rLxz5KJqPgZbd8

Am I the only one super let down by the last episode? Where was the Cameo on par with Luke in Mandalorian season 2's last episode? And why did they turn Evan Peters into just some random guy and not another version of quicksilver from the multiverse just to set up a lame boner joke? And my god if she was gonna train in magic why didn't she go to doctor strange?

In terms of mind-blowing cameos, yeah, it was kind of a letdown. But it terms in telling a cohesive satisfying story? Yeah, this was still pretty solid.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information