+ Reply to Thread
Page 612 of 613 FirstFirst ... 112 512 562 602 610 611 612 613 LastLast
Results 12,221 to 12,240 of 12252

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Finally started/caught up on Wandavision. Way better than it has any right to be. TV shows might be the change up Marvel needed after all instead of 90 minute movies.

Wish I'd been following along because then my comic nerdiness might have let me call some things in ways I just couldn't while binging it.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Oh shit.

Spoiler:
    This might be where my Marvel knowledge fails me, but is there an Agatha Harkness in the comics? Monica is turning into Photon (woo!), but I'm not remembering any other Scarlett Witch-type villains or heroes. And I don't recognize that book either.

But that Agatha theme is total Munsters.
    Yeah, that character has been around since the 70s and has history with Scarlett Witch. That's kind of... complicated. Don't look into it, it might spoil the show.

Also has history with the Fantastic Four.

Seriously, don't look up ANYTHING about them, because it's all stuff that could possibly spoil the show since the show is definitely drawing strongly on a few key comics. Their backstory, and what they do with Wanda, seems like it might play out very similar.

Granted none of the MCU stuff thus far has been a 1 to 1 adaptation of any of the books, but some threads have gone very close.
    Last edited by Robby; February 21st, 2021 at 09:26 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Most knew it was Agatha from the SB trailer last year. Most of the iterations that I know her from, she plays a different role for Wanda that might still hold true based on these last 2 episodes. Specifically X Men Evolution and Avengers UTS.

Spoiler:
    I like that Agatha is behind the dog's "death" specifically. Fuck Sparky. I'm not sold on her being alone just yet. I peep how Dottie and Dennis were watching Monica and Wanda arguing. It's very similar to how Agatha was watching them and differs from the rest of the cast.

I'm not letting go of her showing her mole to Wanda. She told the kids to look at it as she left the crib as well. They wouldn't do that for no reason.

Monica going through the motions was the best part. Doesn't look like everyone who goes in and out of the Hex Barrier that many times can gain that ability. Monica struggled. She found her resolve and was basically on the same frequency/page as Wanda with her grief. So many factors to that. It's not something that can be easily duplicated.

I like that none of the theories were right. Major Goodner is better than that generic and predictable Reed Richards shit. There's a chance that she may not be the engineer either because it wasn't clear. I seen some say Goodner might be Talos daughter. Well, she would have to travel back after finding the planet that Talos and the other Skrulls were looking for. Talos and Soren were in FFH, so it is possible that Goodner could be Monica's friend, which is Talos kid.

Nexus and the TVA are now confirmed for this Saga. With the Nexus beings and the Time Stream confirmed in this show and Loki, next is the Celestial's experiments to make Eternals and Deviants in Zhao's film. I suspected that Zhao would be the James Gunn of this Saga and Kevin gave a lil more suspicion to that with his statements about her recently. Need a director with a different approach to give this shit depth.

Whatever the Celestials used to experiment will be the "stones" of this Saga. Tie that in with the Nexus anchors like Wanda and time stream penetration by Loki and the other that is basically Scott Lang's idea, that's where you enter Kang. He will either be curious/peaked interest or pissed that Scott came upon this idea. Not that Scott is brilliant, but his stay in the QR lead to the time heist concept that he presented. Kang normally does travel and monitors time. His Quantumania appearance will definitely be worth watching. They got the perfect performer in Jonathan Majors for that kind of dynamic of ant and foot.

If Agatha is doing the interviews, then was it also her talking to Vision during the episode? He said Wanda was creating those obstacles to keep him from getting out. It was most likely Agatha (or whoever else is working with her to continue keeping Wanda here.

I'm glad Vision didn't drag out Darcy being in character. It took a lil long for him to wake her up for my taste. The way he flew out the truck looked like they were saving money. Even the big budget shows have their limits.

Maybe Vision and Darcy might go to his job where Vision received her message. Then there's the cicada and rabbit that keeps getting focus. Is Snatch and the rest of the Salem 7 involved? Idk. I'm just not sold on Agatha being behind all this. Why not reveal that Dottie and Dennis are under her? They are either her bosses or underlings. No reason for their reaction and portrayals to be highlighted more than the other cast. Agatha is usually used to help or monitor Wanda's abilities. There's more to this. Then we have Hayward planning something on the outside. I don't even think he's in on this directly. he may just be another accelerant.

Spoiler:

She killed a dog and laughed about it. That's gringo for "unredemable".
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Seriously, after that I have a hankering to watch The Munsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Yeah, that character has been around since the 70s and has history with Scarlett Witch. That's kind of... complicated. Don't look into it, it might spoil the show.

Also has history with the Fantastic Four.

Seriously, don't look up ANYTHING about them, because it's all stuff that could possibly spoil the show since the show is definitely drawing strongly on a few key comics. Their backstory, and what they do with Wanda, seems like it might play out very similar.

Granted none of the MCU stuff thus far has been a 1 to 1 adaptation of any of the books, but some threads have gone very close.
    Good to know. Good thing I know very little about The Fantastic Four other than their origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Spoiler:

Maybe Vision and Darcy might go to his job where Vision received her message. Then there's the cicada and rabbit that keeps getting focus. Is Snatch and the rest of the Salem 7 involved? Idk. I'm just not sold on Agatha being behind all this. Why not reveal that Dottie and Dennis are under her? They are either her bosses or underlings. No reason for their reaction and portrayals to be highlighted more than the other cast. Agatha is usually used to help or monitor Wanda's abilities. There's more to this. Then we have Hayward planning something on the outside. I don't even think he's in on this directly. he may just be another accelerant.
    I saw Hydra in the "commercials" and if they're there they're somewhere in it.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Spoiler:

She killed a dog and laughed about it. That's gringo for "unredemable".
    Ikr?

I believe Hydra will be heavily involved in this phase. Especially FATWS and Black Widow.
    Spoiler:
    The Flag Smashers and Walker/Agent in the trailers might be a hint.

Since Hayward is after Vision over Project Cataract, there's a chance that Hydra might care to have eyes on Wanda. Wanda used to be Hydra anyway and they are responsible for her abilities

Stupid song has been stuck in my mind since the episode

Spoiler:

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Her various facial expressions during the song were amazing.

Kathryn Hahn is awesome. Let us not forget she was Doc Oc in Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse.

I enjoy the Spider Man 3 marketing. They're trolling the fans that are impatiently waiting on the real title

Holland posted Phone Home and Jacob posted Home-Wrecker

Edit: Zendaya has added her own meme, Home Slice

Spoiler:

Well, they've announced their official title, it's Spider-Man: No Way Home. Good promo. Also Loki's series gets an official date, June 11th

https://twitter.com/SpiderManMovie/s...31273226919937

Also, a clear pic of the board in the video

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Cockycent; February 24th, 2021 at 10:56 AM.

It actually kind of bothers mem that the little spider face wasn't in "Home" in the first logo.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - Holy Shitballs

The title makes it sound like the multiverse isnít coming to Peter but rather that he gets lost in the parallel universes and has to find a way back. So how will he travel between different dimensions?

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

New trailer from "Spiderman: The Home" leaked.

Spoiler:
    So I guess MCU is allowed to use the name Scarlet Witch now (or could they always?)

And we get Vision Mk. II

But really, I'm wondering how they're gonna wrap all this up with one more episode.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

I've head people speculating that the final episode will have about an hour, due to a time frame said by Whedon (I think) in the past. Maybe that's how.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

It actually kind of bothers mem that the little spider face wasn't in "Home" in the first logo.

You're bothered by that I'm over here regarding the redundancy of the subtitles like

What's the next title "There's No Place Like Home"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

4: There's No Place Like Home
    5: Home Alone
    6: Home Together
    7: Home For the Holidays
    8: No Place Like Home
    9: A Ways From Home

Just keep it going, LOL.
    She/Her | If you want to be a girl you can just be a girl.

Spoiler:
    Selling DVDs in the middle of a war is crazy. Props to Oleg

One thing I've loved about Salem (growing up in Massachusetts as I have) is that this is a place where people were killed by a bunch of witch-fearing fanatics, but now it's a place where those same (not)witches are its main tourism trade and has also become a hub for pagans and Wiccans. Halloween is THE party in Salem.

But kudos to Elizabeth Olsen for a fabulous episode. Get her an Emmy nomination.

Spoiler:
    All my Scarlett Witch knowledge comes from X-Men, which we're technically not here, so anything about her powers that's "not mutant" goes beyond me. I also can't remember if Chaos Magic was something that came up in Doctor Strange, and if it did then where the hell is he? Or one of his magic allies?

Another thing I don't quite get is that when re-wiring Vision Hayward said something about needing the "original power", and then it cuts to the plane that got Wanda magic-ed out. Are they saying that Vision was powered by Wanda? THIS Vision is her creation, but the original Vision's power all came from the Mind Stone, right? So how does this work? Is there even a Vision 2.0 in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    I've head people speculating that the final episode will have about an hour, due to a time frame said by Whedon (I think) in the past. Maybe that's how.
    Is it only one? I thought there were two left.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    One thing I've loved about Salem (growing up in Massachusetts as I have) is that this is a place where people were killed by a bunch of witch-fearing fanatics, but now it's a place where those same (not)witches are its main tourism trade and has also become a hub for pagans and Wiccans. Halloween is THE party in Salem.

But kudos to Elizabeth Olsen for a fabulous episode. Get her an Emmy nomination.

Spoiler:
    All my Scarlett Witch knowledge comes from X-Men, which we're technically not here, so anything about her powers that's "not mutant" goes beyond me. I also can't remember if Chaos Magic was something that came up in Doctor Strange, and if it did then where the hell is he? Or one of his magic allies?

Another thing I don't quite get is that when re-wiring Vision Hayward said something about needing the "original power", and then it cuts to the plane that got Wanda magic-ed out. Are they saying that Vision was powered by Wanda? THIS Vision is her creation, but the original Vision's power all came from the Mind Stone, right? So how does this work? Is there even a Vision 2.0 in the comics?
    Spoiler:
    In the comics Wanda absolutely has chaos magic. There's been about a million retcons over if Magneto is her father or not or if she's even a mutant but her powers started as "bad luck hex powers" and then slowly power creeped to "muck with reality". She also had magic born kids with Vision in the comics. Won't say more for another another week since that may play out similar here.

As for the powers? Going by the color coded energies, with Agatha being purple, normal witches being blue, Wanda being red, and soul stone being yellow...

I think the implication for this episode is that the soul stone unlocked Wanda's powers but is also what created Vision... but as a result of that there's just a bit of soul stone power in Wanda that if pushed the right way could make Vision again.

As for why there's no Doctor Strange showing up? Well, he'd be expensive! However, they have teased "a major surprise guest on par with the end of Mandalorian" and its hard to imagine who that could possibly be EXCEPT one of the big movie names, so maybe they do have Strange show up... especially since we know Wanda is going to be in his next movie... which is the "Multiverse of Madness". Or... "MOM"...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information