+ Reply to Thread
Page 596 of 596 FirstFirst ... 96 496 546 586 594 595 596
Results 11,901 to 11,905 of 11905

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    To be pretty fair the movies those two were following up on weren't exactly a tour de force themselves.
    Not going to dispute that at all when it comes to Ghost Rider, but I actually enjoyed Daredevil a lot. But taking the sequels/spinoffs in the directions they did cemented their inability to do better when it came to having a decent script. When it comes to Iron Man 3 I find it perplexing that it reeks of having been the product of someone at Disney saying, "Gosh, fellas, Avengers did 1.5 billion at the box office, but if we'd added a little kid sidekick to it, we'd have probably made 1.75 billion! Iron Man 3 is the next one, so better late than never, eh?"

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    When it comes to Iron Man 3 I find it perplexing that it reeks of having been the product of someone at Disney saying, "Gosh, fellas, Avengers did 1.5 billion at the box office, but if we'd added a little kid sidekick to it, we'd have probably made 1.75 billion! Iron Man 3 is the next one, so better late than never, eh?"
    Nah, that's almost certainly Shane Black. Dude also wrote Monster Squad and Last Action Hero. He's fine with having kids be in central roles and likes the dynamic of them questioning the crazy around them..

ANd... the kid was fine. He wasn't annoying or outstaying his welcome.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Happens at least once in any thread in any section.

Like how people shit on Final Fantasy VIII every once awhile in the video games (which ironically I forget what they usually complain about)
    We're about due for either a Raimi's Spider-Man talk or early X-men films.

On that subject, I keep reading about rumors of Tobey's Spiderman appearing in next Doctor. That'd be interesting. Prolly fake. Raimi only signed on recently, and it's a choice that would be entirely fulled by Raimi's involvement, and the release date is too short away for such an addition - unless just Peters, and not Spidey (need to buff up a bit).

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    We're about due for either a Raimi's Spider-Man talk or early X-men films.

On that subject, I keep reading about rumors of Tobey's Spiderman appearing in next Doctor. That'd be interesting. Prolly fake. Raimi only signed on recently, and it's a choice that would be entirely fulled by Raimi's involvement, and the release date is too short away for such an addition - unless just Peters, and not Spidey (need to buff up a bit).
    I think they need to be really careful how they handle the multiverse in Doctor Strange. Going too far in the direction the latest crisis on the CW network shows might be overreaching, even for Marvel. I'm still concerned about how the MCU connections in Morbius will play out.

Plus you'd think nobody would want to regurgitate the bad taste Sony's other Spidey movies left in our mouths.

Most of the groundwork for the Multiverse is rumored to be laid down in Loki's show. If so, then that medium allows more time to develop the mechanics of how it works, while being assisted by WandaVision on that same front. That rumor is backed by the confirmation of the head writer/showrunner of Loki becoming the writer for Strange 2. Waldron has worked on Rick and Morty.

I also don't see how Crisis on CW overreached. They played it real safe and I was disappointed in that. If anything, they didn't go far enough.
    Spoiler:
    Oliver's actions rewrote's Thawne's involvement and with their limitations, they did understandably well.

2/18/20 Edit: Russo Bros have talked about Ross almost becoming Red Hulk in Civil War. Now there's rumors that Ross may finally transform in the She-Hulk series. They've walked all over him long enough. I can't blame him
    Last edited by Cockycent; February 18th, 2020 at 02:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information