+ Reply to Thread
Page 588 of 589 FirstFirst ... 88 488 538 578 586 587 588 589 LastLast
Results 11,741 to 11,760 of 11775

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

SPIDER-MAN is POISONING the local WATER SUPPLY, and turning all the FROGS GAY

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Only wish they'd kept the hairstyle!
    1-That's J.K.'s actual hairstyle

2-They might want it different just to differentiate it from the Raimi films, even though its the same actor.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    SPIDER-MAN is POISONING the local WATER SUPPLY, and turning all the FROGS GAY
    Spider-Man says Trans Rights!
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Discovered Stowaway

So, given the next two films are going to be prequels in the MCU timeline, anyone think the studio might be trying to slow things down so that the five-year gap in Endgame is not so significant and the films that take place in the present era will be closer to our years? I mean, it'll only dial the MCU to real-world time gap down by a year, maybe a year and a half, but does it seem like they're trying to do that or is it a coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

Also also, the Raimi spiderman films are iconic and beloved and that Goblin and that Doc Ock are well loved. Obviously they need to come around again eventually in some franchise, but they don't demand repeating.
    Just wanted to say that PS4 ock has probably replaced raimi's and that it's entirely possible if the writing and characterization is there.
    Which seems to be a thing for the MCU Spidey villains seeing how Vulture and Mysterio has more character than well..
    Uhhhh
    Huh. I'm not even sure what I'm comparing them with because other than Brock, Raimi films had great villain characterization.
    Oh right there's amazing. None of them holds a candle and is probably the worst.

But yes my point is that I hope to be able to live to see a Green Goblin done right on the big screen before I die.
    Along with Harry and Peter storyline done right too because did I hated how Raimi did it.
    Seriously though , I want a good green goblin and Norman Osbourne.

So what crawled up Martin Scorsese's ass? Seriously I love his films but saying that super hero movies aren't real films just because it's not your cup of Tea is really ridiculous

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Just wanted to say that PS4 ock has probably replaced raimi's and that it's entirely possible if the writing and characterization is there.
    Which seems to be a thing for the MCU Spidey villains seeing how Vulture and Mysterio has more character than well..
    Uhhhh
    Huh. I'm not even sure what I'm comparing them with because other than Brock, Raimi films had great villain characterization.
    Oh right there's amazing. None of them holds a candle and is probably the worst.

But yes my point is that I hope to be able to live to see a Green Goblin done right on the big screen before I die.
    Along with Harry and Peter storyline done right too because did I hated how Raimi did it.
    I kind of want to see Norman Osborn headlining a Thunderbolts movie. If it does well then it can delve into his first becoming the Green Goblin and his downfall that leads him to becoming the leader of a Marvel brand Suicide Squad. And also a separate roster for the Sinister Six.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    So what crawled up Martin Scorsese's ass? Seriously I love his films but saying that super hero movies aren't real films just because it's not your cup of Tea is really ridiculous
    Jason Statham's also kind of in that boat. He's said he doesn't want to play in a superhero movie because 'anyone can be super' in them without having to work hard or do their own stunts or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Jason Statham's also kind of in that boat. He's said he doesn't want to play in a superhero movie because 'anyone can be super' in them without having to work hard or do their own stunts or whatever.
    That one is even more surprising Like I don't agree with Martin Scorsese opinion here but I can understand why he thinks that based off the type of films he makes, but Super Hero movies seem like they would be right up Jason Statham's alley

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    That one is even more surprising Like I don't agree with Martin Scorsese opinion here but I can understand why he thinks that based off the type of films he makes, but Super Hero movies seem like they would be right up Jason Statham's alley
    I wonder who sounds more stuck-up for their opinions, Scorcese or Statham. Not that I'm a Statham fan anyway so it's no big loss IMO not having him in any upcoming DC or Marvel or other projects based on superheroes.

I wonder who sounds more stuck-up for their opinions, Scorcese or Statham. Not that I'm a Statham fan anyway so it's no big loss IMO not having him in any upcoming DC or Marvel or other projects based on superheroes.
    lol both seem petty to me, at the very least though Scorsese has made some of the greatest movies of all time that are both critically acclaimed and commercially successful and has won (or at least been nominated) for awards, the same can't be said for Statham who's movies and characters are all pretty similar (although I do actually like the actor)

I actually really liked Willem Dafoe as Norman Osbourne, the problem was Green Goblin looked . . . . not that great. A good costume and a little tweaking here and there, and Dafoe would have been the perfect Green Goblin.

Everybody can't look cool doing hi dives or dancing oddly

that F&F money got him acting brand new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I actually really liked Willem Dafoe as Norman Osbourne, the problem was Green Goblin looked . . . . not that great. A good costume and a little tweaking here and there, and Dafoe would have been the perfect Green Goblin.
    If it were up to me, I'd have given Willem Dafoe the rubber mask from the comics, only it would be done like Batman's cowl where he still has his actual mouth exposed and just use face paint to make the rest of his face match the mask. I think Dafoe could have benefited from letting us see his actual verbalized taunts and that creepy, wicked smile, but let his crazy eyes hide behind those yellow eye holes. They kind of went too minimalist with the Dane Dehaan version of Harry's Goblin, though, not quite making him the monstrous Ultimate Comics version of the Osborns when they're in Goblin form, which was kind of pointless, really. We did get to see that one, though, in Into the Spider-Verse. So if we get to see a proper Green Goblin, I think my original idea for the Goblin's mask would be the best way to portray it rather than a completely fixed mask like the one from the Raimi movie.

BTW, anyone have any idea who's supposed to be playing Taskmaster in Black Widow yet? I think I read that back when they were planning on having him in that cancelled show Most Wanted, he was going to be played by Oded Fehr from the Mummy and Resident Evil movies.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

As the superhero film industry gets more saturated..The only ones worthy will be those who are able to portray Oscar worthy inner turmoils of the superhero.
    Not that it currently is bad but come on, Martin Scorsese is right to a certain extent.

I like RaiMi goblin for giving me nightmares as a kid.
    It was a fine green goblin but nothing too impressive.
    Memorable enough partially because the costume was so weird and he spoke like my grandma.
    Oh and being the first villain in the first superhero movie that took the world by storm? Yeah.

Now what I want is a Norman/Harry descend to chaos and the dark side of Science taken too far.
    People tend to mistake Goblin for Joker because batshit minds but no, the Green Goblin is a far more complicated character that is the condensation of rage, genius and unadulterated malice to ruin spider man life.
    That. That is the Green Goblin I want.

Discovered Stowaway

As the superhero film industry gets more saturated..The only ones worthy will be those who are able to portray Oscar worthy inner turmoils of the superhero.
    Not that it currently is bad but come on, Martin Scorsese is right to a certain extent.

I like RaiMi goblin for giving me nightmares as a kid.
    It was a fine green goblin but nothing too impressive.
    Memorable enough partially because the costume was so weird and he spoke like my grandma.
    Oh and being the first villain in the first superhero movie that took the world by storm? Yeah.

Now what I want is a Norman/Harry descend to chaos and the dark side of Science taken too far.
    People tend to mistake Goblin for Joker because batshit minds but no, the Green Goblin is a far more complicated character that is the condensation of rage, genius and unadulterated malice to ruin spider man life.
    That. That is the Green Goblin I want.
    One whose obsession with revenge and hatred for Spider-Man that he sets everything up he can to ensure that his son Harry, even at the cost of his own life, will continue the vendetta even after Norman breathes his last. That way we at least feel for Harry, it's been hard to do that in the last two portrayals.

Regarding Martin Scorsese, just watch the first 50 seconds

Ryan is now teasing us via Deadpool by just showing up at Marvel:
    https://www.narcity.com/entertainmen...Emxn5gXADYWa4Q

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    We does he look like Jeremy Irons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    We does he look like Jeremy Irons?
    It's the jacket. Possibly also the posture.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information