+ Reply to Thread
Page 577 of 579 FirstFirst ... 77 477 527 567 575 576 577 578 579 LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,540 of 11567

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    While we're at it explain to me how the hammer was able to produce lightning when Cap was using it. Unless it's a conduit lightning hammer. Not that I care much. Thor's relationship to hammers/axes is a quagmire now. He needs them, doesn't need them. So much for his Thanos killing axe.
    As Odin charmed it

"whosoever hold this hammer, if they be worthy, shall posses the power of Thor"

So yes, while Thor, God of Thunder, was using the hammer to channel his own power, the charm Odin placed on it allowed any worthy person to have the same power.

Chalk it up to Odin's magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    That's...actually super dumb.

Nah, it's super in-character and perfectly suiting. If you could move the hammer at all you could move it completely. It's what a lot of people suspected.

Him not recognizing Red Skull though? That's a stretch.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

While we're at it explain to me how the hammer was able to produce lightning when Cap was using it. Unless it's a conduit lightning hammer. Not that I care much. Thor's relationship to hammers/axes is a quagmire now. He needs them, doesn't need them. So much for his Thanos killing axe.
    I bring visual aids!

To me that's not the big question.

To me it's how the hell is Thanos able to catch and hold Stormbreaker?!

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Him not recognizing Red Skull though? That's a stretch.
    Last time Cap saw Red Skull, he was Hugo Weaving so it's understandable that Steve wouldn't recognize him immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    Stormbreaker probably doesn't have the If Ye Be Worthy feature.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post

Stormbreaker doesn't have the enchantment. It doesn't come with the hammer. Odin had to put it there during Thor 1 but before it could use by any. If you had to be worthy of stormbreaker Thor should know he is worthy when he is back in time. But he is scared that the hammer won't come.

Stormbreaker was forged in a hurry so Tyrion didn't have time to show Thor all the optional add-ons he could put on it for just a few Space Dollars more.

True question is if Stormbreaker can turn into an umbrella like the hammer could in Ragnarok .

Does it turn into other useful items? Like a nice hat?
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Whatever mark version the IronMan suit for EndGame is, I really liked it, looks pretty badass and well designed.
    The one they used for Infinity War, it was all fine except fot its belly, uggh, looks like they hired the guy who made the Japanese flag for it, super lazy, lacks creativity.

Discovered Stowaway

As I watch the DVD of Endgame, it occurs to me that there might not be a reason why only one team needed to go to the 2013 Asgard time to get a stone. The Power Stone was always there on Morag even during the events of Thor: The Dark World. I'm not entirely sure when Gamora stashed the Soul Stone on Vormir either but it sounded like it happened even before then, too, so really there only would have needed to be teams traveling to two periods, one in 2012 and one in 2013. They may have mentioned following Quill to the exact location of the Power Stone but then they could still have just as easily found the Soul Stone in 2013 rather than 2014. I suppose it doesn't really matter and they just wanted to do things in a '3' sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    As I watch the DVD of Endgame, it occurs to me that there might not be a reason why only one team needed to go to the 2013 Asgard time to get a stone. The Power Stone was always there on Morag even during the events of Thor: The Dark World. I'm not entirely sure when Gamora stashed the Soul Stone on Vormir either but it sounded like it happened even before then, too, so really there only would have needed to be teams traveling to two periods, one in 2012 and one in 2013. They may have mentioned following Quill to the exact location of the Power Stone but then they could still have just as easily found the Soul Stone in 2013 rather than 2014. I suppose it doesn't really matter and they just wanted to do things in a '3' sort of way.
    Theoretically, yes, they could have had Clint and Natasha go to 2013 and from there take the Benetar to Vormir.

Gamora didn't "stash" the Soul Stone anywhere. Vormir was the regular home to the Soul Stone. She did find out it's location while working for Thanos, so sometime before she defected during 2014. Her conversation with Nebula where she revealed she actually DID find it's location, and not failed to find it like she lied to Thanos, had to take place either right at the end of Guardians Vol 2 before Nebula and her split ways, or sometime in the 4 years time period between Guardians 2 and Infinity War.

However if you did want to rationalize it, one could make an argument of it being easier as far as distance and fuel to travel in the Benetar from Morag to Vormir, rather than from Asgard to Vormir.

I'm sad we'll never get to see Iron Man and Doctor Doom interact

That would have been amazing

They also needed the key that quill had on him to open the vault.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I'm sad we'll never get to see Iron Man and Doctor Doom interact

That would have been amazing
    You could always hope to see him and Captain Marvel interact
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway

I'm still disappointed we never got a moment between Captain America and Captain Marvel calling each other 'Captain'.

I do not even bloody remember why she is called either Captain or Marvel. I barely remember any dialogue from that movie.

I do not even bloody remember why she is called either Captain or Marvel. I barely remember any dialogue from that movie.
    Its her rank and her name.

Just like Doctor Strange.

It's not hard.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

"Mister...."

"It's Doctor"

"Mister Doctor?"

"It's Strange"

"Yes...very".

When Doctor Doom shows up in the MCU, he'll insist that people not only call him Doctor, but that they call him Doctor von Doom.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

if Dr Strange isnŽt offering his life to save the day in Multiverse of Madness, IŽll riot.

Last edited by Demon Rin; August 20th, 2019 at 01:24 PM.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information