+ Reply to Thread
Page 575 of 577 FirstFirst ... 75 475 525 565 573 574 575 576 577 LastLast
Results 11,481 to 11,500 of 11539

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I expect a pg13 Blade to be disappointing.
    You only have a two time academy award winner taking over the role and the MCU team behind the movie...have a little optimism here. I'm thrilled that Blade is not only back he is going to be a part of this MCU. They only just announced the movie. There is no reason to be doom and gloom right off the bat.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

That's not even close to doom and gloom.

NNID: Glitz-and-Glory

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

So.....how does Lady Thor work here? I mean, Mjolnir doesn't transform people like it does in the comics, after all.

And why not just make Valkyrie her own movie instead?

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Avengers has officially passed Avatar in Box Office. Number 1 for however long that lasts.
    Forever, dude. Forever.

Unless there's another significant gap between Star Wars films and the fuel behind The Force Awakens is effectively doubled for the next one but I doubt it's possible.

Or if the buildup for another Justice League is that much bigger but again, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Forever, dude. Forever.
    I wouldn't say that. With inflation rates, there's a new highest-grossing film pretty much every ten years or so. And it doesn't just have to be Star Wars or Superhero movies. No one knows what the next big thing might be.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I wouldn't say that. With inflation rates, there's a new highest-grossing film pretty much every ten years or so. And it doesn't just have to be Star Wars or Superhero movies. No one knows what the next big thing might be.
    Well it hasn't even beaten Gone With the Wind when adjusted for inflation so technically it's not even the top. But we're just pretending. Let the nerds have this one, man.

Well it hasn't even beaten Gone With the Wind when adjusted for inflation so technically it's not even the top. But we're just pretending. Let the nerds have this one, man.
    Gone With the Wind is a different animal. Will likely never be beat, but it's record isn't quite as impressive given the context of how it's made so much money.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    You only have a two time academy award winner taking over the role and the MCU team behind the movie...have a little optimism here. I'm thrilled that Blade is not only back he is going to be a part of this MCU. They only just announced the movie. There is no reason to be doom and gloom right off the bat.
    I don't think the tone I would like for a blade movie will be in this one. And tone and writing are more important to how I enjoy a movie than the actor. The actor is a tool to make the movie good but usually I think director and screenwriters are more important. A series would have sounded more interesting to me.

I do like the actor and his work and believe he will do the most of what he is given.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Can't be any worse than Trinity and that was R rated.
    I don't remember much of that movie except that there's a Ryan Reynold doing proto-deadpool(which he is in a lot of movies) and I learned that Dracula was Lincoln Burrows from prison break. Also can't remember the plot or why it is called trinity aside from it being the third movie.

I think there's quite a big gap between Trinity and a decent movie and from a decent movie to a satisfying movie.

I hate that Thor 4 is coming before Guardians 3. I'm sure I'll see the Phase 4 films, but I'm not enthusiastic for them and will probably wait to either hear appropriate word of mouth (assuming any of them are great) or just wait for them to hit redbox. Hyped for phase 5, though.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I hate that Thor 4 is coming before Guardians 3. I'm sure I'll see the Phase 4 films, but I'm not enthusiastic for them and will probably wait to either hear appropriate word of mouth (assuming any of them are great) or just wait for them to hit redbox. Hyped for phase 5, though.
    Well it's Taika Waititi doing Thor 4 so it's going to be a laugh riot even if the basis for the plot is out of nowhere. As long as Hemsworth doesn't lose his power so he can be the one of the Guardians who can actually stand up to Adam Warlock, I'm fine waiting for part 3.

That always comes up but that's a really really weird one to calculate. Because Gone with the Wind did that with at least seven releases over the course of multiple decades. In a time before tv or video. And initially it had *road show* prices, so its the the equivilent of factoring in how much 3D and Imax inflated Avatar's total. Its a really hard asterik to have on the record.

Similarly SNow White, Sound of Music, Ten Commandments, etc.

If you just count its first run, its record that was destroyed ages ago. If counting its whole history, well... its had 80 years.

Star Wars is about 20 million tickets shy of Wind's 200 million. Had Star Wars re-released every decade (and not just the once in the 90s) before video became standard it probably would have beaten it handily just with a major mass release in the 80s before the special editions in the 90s.

Hell, if they re-released them on the big screen next year rather than making a new film it'd probably manage it.
    Last edited by Robby; July 22nd, 2019 at 04:38 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Well it's Taika Waititi doing Thor 4 so it's going to be a laugh riot even if the basis for the plot is out of nowhere. As long as Hemsworth doesn't lose his power so he can be the one of the Guardians who can actually stand up to Adam Warlock, I'm fine waiting for part 3.
    I liked Thor 3, but I'm not quite as big on it as a lot of other people for various reasons, so I expect to enjoy Thor 4, but I don't expect to really love it. I'm more bummed out about it coming before Guardians 3 purely because of the great setup after Endgame, though I probably shouldn't assume that the Guardians won't play a big part?

Forever, dude. Forever.

Unless there's another significant gap between Star Wars films and the fuel behind The Force Awakens is effectively doubled for the next one but I doubt it's possible.

Or if the buildup for another Justice League is that much bigger but again, I doubt it.
    Oh just because we can't imagine it means nothing. No one ever thought Titanic would be number 1. Or Avatar for that matter.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    That always comes up but that's a really really weird one to calculate. Because Gone with the Wind did that with multiple releases over the course of multiple decades. In a time before tv or video. And it had *road show* prices, so its the the equivilent of factoring in how much 3D and Imax inflated Avatar's total. Its a really hard weird * to have on the record.

If you just count its first run, its record was destroyed ages ago. If counting its whole history, well... its had 80 years. If Star Wars had re-released every decade (and not just the once) before hitting video it probably would have beaten it.
    Well without Endgame's re-release and 'new footage' it wouldn't have gotten up over Avatar so we shouldn't poop on that kind of thing.

Well without Endgame's re-release and 'new footage' it wouldn't have gotten up over Avatar so we shouldn't poop on that kind of thing.

If you don't count re-releases, that takes Avatar's total down by about 40 million and Avengers passed that mark weeks ago.

The "rerelease" was just two months in, while it was still running, and didn't bump the numbers much, if at all, they were still lower than the week before. It has basically no noticeable affect on performance. Spiderman a couple weeks later is what actually pushed it with its first bump since it started. The "re-release" maybe got it to that total a week or two sooner, (we'll obviously never actually know how many people went for the new footage and how many just went to see the movie again, but its seems like not much) but it was still going to be in the theaters for months and it would probably have gotten there in August.
    Last edited by Robby; July 22nd, 2019 at 04:58 PM.

Discovered Stowaway

Avatar got re-released? Why? It was in theaters for like a year already when it came out and had no competition and was the first big 3D gimmick movie and got Titantic re-released in 3D just because...3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    So.....how does Lady Thor work here? I mean, Mjolnir doesn't transform people like it does in the comics, after all.

And why not just make Valkyrie her own movie instead?
    Also the little fact that there is no more Mjolnir.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    Also the little fact that there is no more Mjolnir.
    But there's space Tyrion Lannister who can build a valyrian hammer mjonir.

Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

My theories on the 2nd Saga of the MCU. I warn that there maybe spoilers for those who have yet to see every movie of the 1st saga or the news from the 1st saga

1st theory - Project E.X.O.D.U.S. and it possibly being the biggest aspect of the 2nd Saga

Spoiler:
    Project E.X.O.D.U.S. will be a big part of the MCU. It is the key to the next phase of the MCU. The stones were a big part of the first Saga, but I think that the next phase will be about mutation mostly, but also the other 2 projects.

This theory will link the Eternals, Celestials, Excalibur (the group), Terrigen Mist, Inhumans, Fantastic 4, X-Men, Kree, Namor and Skrulls. All of them are connected to the mutant theme.

There's a deleted scene from IM 2 that i've been talking about for at least 7 years and some didn't even care about it until right before Ant Man 2 came out due to Goliath (Bill Foster) being announced. Tony mentions 3 S.H.I.E.L.D. projects. He needed to use them to look over P.E.G.A.S.U.S., which would be the key to creating the same element that makes up the Tesseract.

1. P.E.G.A.S.U.S. - Tesseract is a container. It draws power from another dimension. In the comics, it's referred to as a Cosmic Cube. It has it's own awareness. It is used in the MCU as a vessel for the Space Stone. A few have been able to replicate it's energy for their own purposes like Mar-Vell and Tony. Mar-Vell even uses the Tesseract to power her engine in Captain Marvel. The Tesseract draws energy from another dimension. It is up to Marvel on what exact dimension they use.

2. G.O.L.I.A.T.H. - Pym Particles are really pollen from the Kosmos (dimension that they refer to as Quantum Realm). It can alter mass, strength, and density. Bill, Hank Pym and Janet worked on this project during their S.H.I.E.L.D. days. It draws it's energy from the Kosmos "Quantum Realm".

3. E.X.O.D.U.S. - Not explained yet, but according to the comics, it might be connected to Exodus (Bennet du Paris). The 11th Century Mutant who has many abilities. Similar to Apocalypse due to being an early mutant. Apocalypse was born sometime, B.C. tho. Magneto has used Exodus to create the Sanctuary and Apocalypse has used him as an Horsemen. Exodus (before he awakened his mutant abilities) always knew he was different and searched for the Eternal Pharoah that was located in the Tower of Power. When the Black Knight of that era abandoned him on the exploration, he almost died. A voice spoke out to him and his ability awakened.

Exodus is connected to the Black Knight (who some are awaiting his arrival in the MCU due to the Ant Man 2 easter egg in the Quantum Realm). Black Knight can also be linked to the Excalibur group.

So there's an appearance of Black Knight's helmet in Dr. Strange and a sub atomic city in Ant Man and AM&TW. It was also confirmed that the Ebony Blade (Black Knight's weapon) was pulled from Dr. Strange as an easter egg. Black Knight is a medieval hero that passes along his abilities through a sword. The one that MCU may use is Dane. He is the nephew of the 2nd most infamous Black Knight and is a physicist. Being in the science and magic fields isn't new for the MCU. Dane goes back in time and experiences 1 of his ancestor's explorations with Exodus in the comics. There's also Peggy Carter mentioning Captain Britain in Endgame. Captain Britain and Black Knight are both members of Excalibur. In the comics, they have gone through multiple dimensions, so the sub atomic city in AM&TW2 might be for both of them and not just Black Knight.

The Celestials came to Earth over 100K years ago and created the Eternals and Deviants. The Celestials are powerful beings. In the comics, there are many of them, but in the MCU, there's only 3 known. Knowhere (decapitated head of a Celestial), Ego, and Eson. These aren't the ones that are responsible for mutants in the universe. The Celestials (in the comics) went from planet to planet and messed with the life forms there. They drew their power from Hyperspace to mutate those beings. They are said to have mutated humans and Skrulls. The humans that they mutated were a species that predate modern humans and became Eternals and Deviants. They date back over 300K years ago, while modern humans came later. The Celestials messed with the Kree and Skrulls as well. The Kree came to Earth later on (during the Kree-Skrull War and conducted similar mutant experiments. They created the Inhumans via the Terrigen Mist. The Mist comes from crystals. The Kree needed soldiers and the humans showed potential. With experiments done by Celestials and Kree, centuries later you get mutant genes awakening in characters like Selene (10,000 BC), Apocalypse (almost 3000 BC), Exodus (1100 AD), X Men, Namor, Fantasic Four etc.

Conclusion

MCU uses Black Knight (rumored to be in development and has multiple Easter Eggs throughout MCU) and the Eternals (confirmed to be in development) to connect Project E.X.O.D.U.S. to a S.H.I.E.L.D. finding. Project E.X.O.D.U.S. can properly be tied to the introduction of mutants. Both the Tesseract and the Pym Particles (pollen) has to do with drawing energy from other dimensions. Maybe the way beings evolved to Mutants is tied to the Eternals. In the comics, the Celestials (power drawn from Hyperspace) made Deviants and Eternals through genetic experiments (millions of years ago). The Eternals (more human like) and Deviants (monster like) are older than Apocalypse. Genetic altering will be at play.

Bonus - Marvel and DC are highkey in a big screen race to do Kirby's famed work on Eternals and New Gods respectively.

2nd theory - regarding mostly Phase 4 and how it is mostly based on Phase 2's aftereffects and will prepare the audience for a norm in Phase 5.

Spoiler:
    First, I want to get some things out of the way.

1. I feel like the Netflix and ABC Marvel shows were more like lab rats for the MCU. Not that they were bad or good. More so that they didn't change a lot for the movies. The Netflix shows were said to be loose connections. The function of complimenting the movies wasnít that prevalent. The writers for each show would try to make it appear like the results of the movies had effects on the shows, but it really didn't matter. The ABC shows were better for what the function of a universe was said to be. It would hint to possible ideas used in the movies, but still, like the Netflix shows, didn't have that much pull in the movies.

2. With that being said, I think that Disney will make sure that their new shows like Hawkeye, WandaVision, Loki and Falcon and Winter Soldier will be the ideal examples of what a tv to movie universe means. They are taking living and moving characters
    I feel like Phase 4 would work like any other Phase where there will be callbacks from other phases. I think the main phase that it will take from will be Phase 2.
    I think Wanda and others affected by the stones might be 1 of the biggest keys to Phase 4. Not only that, but the deeper connection may have to do with the Celestials and their experiments that is the root of mutation, plus other alien entities being on Earth for so long. The modern effect will be that many like Wakanda and Hydra have made use of alien tech and resources that have been on Earth for so long. There are so many layers to this. 1st, i'll start with Wanda.

- We have Black Widow, which takes place after Civil War
    - Wanda was introduced in Phase 2. Her and Pietro were used by Hydra to test the Scepter (Mind Stone) and they unlocked their latent abilities. Vision is also the result of the Mind Stone.
    - Wanda was not only protected and hidden by Widow and Captain America, she viewed Widow and Hawkeye specifically as older siblings. So, Wanda and Widow have the sibling and Hydra connections.
    - She is also going to be part of Strange 2 which might allude to House of M.
    -Shang chi might revolve around Mandarin and how he found the rings, plus what he did to others with it. The source material says that a ship crashed like the meteor with Vibranium for Wakanda. The latter has resulted in tech and mutation (Black Panther strength, etc). Maybe Mandarin will use it for a plethora of uses.
    - Love and Thunder might be based on Janeís health after the Aether as Taika has stated Mighty Thor as inspiration. We have the new leader of Asgard in Valkyrie. She might make it her responsibility to help Jane.
    - Eternals are the results of mutation being messed with by the Celestials for over millions of years ago.
    - Dr. Strange 2 has to do with Wanda and the multiverse. Possibly a House of M hint.
    - Widow will be after Civil War, so I think Hydra and itís work with mutation will be prevalent.
    - Project EXODUS can be linked to all of these through mutation.
    - Phase 5 might make mutation the norm after previewing itís causes in Phase 4. Blade, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Black Panther 2 and Guardians 3 might have to do with mutation based on earlier hints. Blade being half human/vampire. Fantastic Four being mutated by the dimensional trip. X-Men is based on latent mutation which might lead back to the Celestials experiments. Black panther 2 might have to deal with the Vibranium meteor crash and Namor (his race is basically mutants). Guardians 2 is said to address Rocketí creator, Adam Warlock and Beta Ray Bill. All 3 of these characters are said to link to mutation in the comics. This 2nd Saga may ultimately deal with Annihilus and Norman's chase for an army of mutated individuals.

Phase 2 is heavily based on the fallout from the last movie of Phase 1 (Avengers). Basically, those entities who don't just live in 1 film affect how the plot of each Phase moves

- how the world views them after the battle in New York
    - how Thanos changes his strategy with going after the stones
    - Hydra finally starts to move aggressively again with the results of Mind Stone after losing it
    - SHIELD's overseers start showing their true colors

The Avengers and Guardians (debut) deal with Hydra, SHIELD, stones, the world's reaction to them and ultimately Thanos' threat. How tho?

- Tony is developing more suits and tech to deal with a possible space army. He deals with the fear of losing everyone
    - Thor becomes vigilant with the responsibility of the stones. Jane happens to use the Aether (reality stone) and there might be consequences to that as it pays off in Phase 4. He has the vision in AOT (Avengers 2) that helps with the Mind Stone.
    - Hydra is trying to get the Pym tech (formerly worked for SHIELD) after losing the Mind stone.
    - Cap is adjusting to the world, but is learning that SHIELD can't be trusted, and Hydra can never die, so his job can never be over.

So, you see, the moving parts make sure they move the plot of some of the other movies. It's a trickling effect that etches into the mechanics of each story. That's why the Saga must end when some of these conflicts are resolved, but as we know now, newer moving parts emerge when you resolve any conflict.

What are the newer moving parts of Phase 4 that will be major in the 2nd Saga?

- Out of the big 3 SHIELD Projects of Saga 1, only Project E.X.O.D.U.S. wasn't fleshed out. PEGASUS and GOLIATH were properly utilized and explained through Iron Man 2 and Ant Man and the Wasp. Since the 1st 2 had to do with the Space Stone (Tesseract held the stone and Tony duplicated the energy source of the Tesseract) and Pym Particles. I speculate that EXODUS will be 1 of the major moving parts of Phase 4.
    - Hydra as well.
    - The Kree and Skrull conflict
    - The new SHIELD
    - The aftereffects of dealing with an Infinity Stone.
    - Celestials experimentation and how long mutation has been around
    - Other outer space entities being on Earth for so long and how others have made use of them. Specifically, Mandarinís rings, Hydraís dealings with mutation and weaponry, and the Blipís effect.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information