+ Reply to Thread
Page 571 of 577 FirstFirst ... 71 471 521 561 569 570 571 572 573 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,420 of 11539

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Spoiler:
    The very fact that it can be proven that Beck was using holographic and audio illusions to fool people (when the storm monster suddenly vanished and turned into a bunch of drones, kind of a dead giveaway...no idea how he planned to spin that and yet nobody seems to have noticed nor cared) ought to throw huge suspicion on him and not Spidey but again, it doesn't seem like anyone was paying attention and so common sense doesn't apply there. But the sheer number of people who the public adore that can vouch for him and stand up for him ought to be enough to quell all doubts and suspicion about Peter, and yet I feel like they're going to just be conveniently absent from his movies like how nobody else was available to help Iron Man, Thor or Cap during each of their Phase 2 films. At this point that makes NO goddamn sense since the Avengers roster, even without the big 3 and Black Widow, is still incredibly bloated. One word from T'Challa, or Pepper, or whoever the hell else, should stop this right in its tracks. But we're not going to see any of that even though Peter's in tight with Happy and he works DIRECTLY for Stark Enterprises.

Also, they have plenty of Skrulls who can pretend they were masquerading as Peter which would cause the 'mix-up' that he was actually Spider-Man so as to cover for him and hopefully make everyone doubt that he was actually the web-slinger. Of course knowing there are shape-shifting aliens all over the place might freak people out so...I guess I'd still take not being a public menace over having everyone know the secret identity.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, that was my exact thought. There are so many people to back him up that I don't understand how people would actually believe a word Beck said. But, JJJ's push is a good point. I just hope that if they're going to conveniently leave any heroes to vouch for Peter out of the equation that this is at least built well into the plot of the next film, and doesn't take some weird turn to muck up Mr. Holland's sparkly first and second films.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

First Asian superhero to get his own film?

https://screenrant.com/marvel-shang-...-chinese-lead/

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    First Asian superhero to get his own film?

https://screenrant.com/marvel-shang-...-chinese-lead/
    We have known about this movie for a long time now, so news is not new. But yes first.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Discovered Stowaway

But he doesn't have any actual powers. He would have been much better as a guest star on Iron Fist or just a Netflix series.

But he doesn't have any actual powers. He would have been much better as a guest star on Iron Fist or just a Netflix series.
    Dude. Shang was portrayed by being equal to superior to Iron Fist in the comics.

Neither does Tony Stark and he carried the MCU for over a decade

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

Slim Shady is my lady Medical Orbit's Avatar
    Riding on a dolphin, doing flips and shit

My dad left the movie theater between the mid and end credits scene. He doesn't know about there always being something after the credits, and I want to see what I missed. Is there a video of the end credits scene on Youtube that shows

Spoiler:
    Nick Fury commanding the Skrull ship and the Nick Fury and Maria Hill on Earth actually being Skrulls in disguise
    ?

I searched myself but only found videos from articles talking about the mid and end credits scene that didn't even have the same video they were talking about.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

There's not much to the scene. It's really... just that.

The movie itself has a couple lines hinting towards it, but I think that scene was mostly put in to excuse a normally smart character carrying the idiot ball for the plot to work.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Dude. Shang was portrayed by being equal to superior to Iron Fist in the comics.
    This! Plus I'm sure he has chi powers, and he's considered the best hand to hand fighter in the Marvel universe

Discovered Stowaway

Only in skill, though, if I'm not mistaken, he couldn't use the Iron Fist to punch through things not even the strongest peak human could. And Black Panther beat Captain America in the comics but it never happened on-screen. It's not set in stone when they do adaptations. They seemed to be portrayed as more or less equals when they take the vibranium away. Plus all the examples of how normal humans can't compete with superhumans in the movies seem to indicate that's not going to happen, so they'll really have to scale down the level of threat to make it appropriate for him to handle. Unless they empower him in some way which I'm hoping for since otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    Neither does Tony Stark and he carried the MCU for over a decade
    Pretty sure the message we were supposed to draw there was that the suit makes the man and not the other way around (or whatever Iron Man 3 was trying and failing to do). There's a reason his movies weren't called Tony Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    This! Plus I'm sure he has chi powers, and he's considered the best hand to hand fighter in the Marvel universe
    Does he? I haven't read any of his comics so I can't confirm or deny him being able to use Chi. If so then yeah, Iron Fist would have been the perfect place for him to debut since Rand's skill in using Chi left a lot to be desired; although since we have already seen K'un L'un and the Iron Fist, how will that affect how Shang Chi might be able to wield Chi? Maybe the show wouldn't have sucked so bad having another good character to focus on instead of so many lame ones. At least lame in the way they were portrayed rather than in the comics.

I'm not disputing his martial arts expertise, but it's hardly a superpower. The non-powered Avengers haven't gotten any of their own movies with the exception of the Black Widow movie coming up, but she's a fan favorite with a ton of history now in the movies and it would be a fitting tribute after her noble sacrifice. Unless Shang Chi is going to be portrayed as an apprentice to Lei Kung the Thunderer and have a mastery of Chi in addition to all martial arts, that's kind of a hard sell since martial arts are what every other non-powered good guy seems to fall back on.

Let me go wiki this whole thing:

Okay, so he seems to have that Dragonball Z ability to sense power levels with Chi but not wield it like the Iron Fist does, unless he's using Stark tech to focus it (which I'd be okay with) and then after something I never heard of called the Incursion, the same sort of phenomenon that caused the Fantastic Four to gain their power made him become like the mutant Multiple Man. It's not exactly a dazzling special effect at this point but I'll take it, though it doesn't have the requisite events as precedent in the MCU to trigger that ability to manifest yet.

I just want to be blown away by what I'm seeing when the movie comes out. Seldom would something an actual living human can do be able to accomplish that. Make Shang Chi super!

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

if Disney ever gets any close to bankruptcy, all they have to do is paint Zoe Saldana's face, and bingo, tons of money will fill their hearts again.

Pretty sure the message we were supposed to draw there was that the suit makes the man and not the other way around (or whatever Iron Man 3 was trying and failing to do). There's a reason his movies weren't called Tony Stark.
    They explicitly over and over made the point that it wasn't the suit that made Tony special.

And yes, it was like the entire lesson and message of Iron Man 3. Tony shouldn't make suits just to deal with his issues, the suits come out like crap then. And the entire ending of Avengers 4 was about... not what the suit can do, but what the man does.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I just want to be blown away by what I'm seeing when the movie comes out. Seldom would something an actual living human can do be able to accomplish that. Make Shang Chi super!
    Nolan's Batman were pretty well-received.
    Last edited by KageKageKing; July 16th, 2019 at 09:05 AM.

Default Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Seems like you need to rewatch all movies that include Tony Stark. Tony Stark is Iron Man. With or without his suit. Even if your point was true it wouldn't change the fact that a person with no superpowers was one of the central and most iconic figures in the last decade of movie history. If there's a reason why Shang-Chi will flop it won't be because he has no powers.

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

I'm not disputing his martial arts expertise, but it's hardly a superpower. The non-powered Avengers haven't gotten any of their own movies with the exception of the Black Widow movie coming up, but she's a fan favorite with a ton of history now in the movies and it would be a fitting tribute after her noble sacrifice.
    Nobody cared about Guardians of the Galaxy before Marvel Studios went "Let's do make a movie about this" with it.

Just Saw Spiderman Far from Home

I have it in a tier with Winter Soldier, Thor 3 and The Endgame Duology

Havent seen spiderverse yet but this is BEST spiderman movie
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Finally a superhero series that is not gonna end with a trilogy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    I feel like Thor 4 and Guardians 3 should be the same movie.
    Maybe they will connect with each other.

Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    And yes, it was like the entire lesson and message of Iron Man 3. Tony shouldn't make suits just to deal with his issues, the suits come out like crap then.
    So that's why the Buster line is always useless
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information