+ Reply to Thread
Page 570 of 575 FirstFirst ... 70 470 520 560 568 569 570 571 572 ... LastLast
Results 11,381 to 11,400 of 11499

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    He beat up Spiderman with the symbiote suit and buried him alive (comics), I think he'll manage.
    That wasn't symbiote suit Spidey, that was just spidey with the black costume. Black Cat liked how it looked and so she made him a copy which he kept for a while until Venom properly became a thing.

Then Mary Jane got all scared because of Venom and made him get rid of it. And like, fine, that's reasonable request, but Felicia made that thing by hand! Don't just trash it!

Most adaptations now skip that process and he immediately becomes power mad Spidey, loses the symbiote and that immediately becomes Venom, but in the comics it took about 4 years for that arc to play out in full.
    Last edited by Robby; July 9th, 2019 at 09:12 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Most versions of Kraven nowadays juice him up with animal DNA or something stupid like that. Personally I think it's pretty damn cool to have a guy thats just a super awesome hunter using his wits and traps to take on a stronger opponent, but that's more an episodic level threat, doesn't really hold for a movie
    Yeah, I've seen some of the animated stuff where he gets empowered with jungle cat juju or in the Ultimate Comics he does some gene splicing to give him an edge. I'm honestly fine if they do a variation on that if it's not portrayed in an eye-rollingly lame way. Combine that with some real high-tech traps and weapons and we're looking at a good fight, it just won't really be in the same spirit as the original stories. That's not always a bad thing, I guess, but it has to be done just right. Like I was saying, if it's not just him in a power suit of some sort, I'm probably good with it just so it sets itself apart from the other movies.

If he does go the mutation-serum route to strengthen himself on a genetic level, that could be the perfect opportunity to introduce Oscorp since they're presumably responsible for the spider that bit Peter. But I'm still rooting for Spider-Slayers in the next movie. I'd say maybe both but we know from Spider-Man 3 that mixing villains like that isn't the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    He beat up Spiderman with the symbiote suit and buried him alive (comics), I think he'll manage.
    Is that without him having suped himself up with potions and whatnot? Also it can't have been the symbiote suit, Spidey was still using a non-living black suit after getting rid of the Venom symbiote for some reason before going back to the tried-and-true red-and-blue (because one of his first encounters with Venom was when he was still wearing a black costume himself; possibly one of the reasons he stopped wearing that one).

If in the comics Kraven had beaten him in a straight-up fight, i.e. not having shot up Spidey with a bunch of tranq darts or pelting him with suffocating bags of toxic dust, I don't see that working on the big screen just because of the precedent that has been set that differentiates superhumans from regular humans (assuming Kraven wasn't powering himself up with mysticism or sci-fi mumbo-jumbo, otherwise I'm fine with him using that to make the fight on more of an even footing and really forcing Peter to develop his Spider-Sense better to survive against an opponent with enhanced animal-like senses that give him a big advantage). Even then, if a non-powered Kraven relies on trap and the like, all the costumes Peter has access to would make it a lot harder for things like traps to work on him like poison gas or tranquilizer darts if the costumes allow him to survive the vacuum of space and if he's in the Iron Spider armor which would protect him from small projectiles.

They'll have to put some real thought into making that work within the universe they've created regardless of how they want to arm and/or empower Kraven. It was always so bizarre to read that merely well-trained individuals could compete with superhumans in the comics and they've all but nipped that in the bud in the MCU, save for when those humans have power armor or other advanced tech on their side (Peter Quill is a great example of that).
    Last edited by BattleFranky69; July 9th, 2019 at 09:49 PM.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

He'll steal from wakanda or simply find some stupid chitauri tech like many villains in the mcu seem to do, lol.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Honestly, I think that
    Spoiler:
    there still is a multiverse. Just because Mysterio was lying when he claimed he came from another universe doesn't automatically kill the idea of a multiverse existing altogether. Especially considering that Talos-Fury and Soren-Hill believed this and didn't call bullshit immediately even though Mysterio couldn't prove he came from a different one; sure, they were easier to fool than the real Fury and Hill, but considering they're aliens from space who are more experienced with non-Earth affairs than those two, it would make more sense if part of the reason they were fooled is because they happen to know, or at least suspect or strongly believe, that the multiverse is real, and thus were less likely to find Beck's claims about it implausible.

(Unless there was something in the movie that fully proved that there aren't other universes? I saw the movie twice within a few days and don't recall anything like that, but someone tell me if there's something I'm forgetting, haha.)

Also, did Doctor Strange kind of already show that the multiverse is a thing? Or was that just different dimensions? It's been quite a while since I've seen it, so my memory is a bit hazy.

The Ancient One : You think you know how the world works? You think that this material universe is all there is? What is real? What mysteries lie beyond the reach of your senses? At the root of existence, mind and matter meet. Thoughts shape reality. This universe is only one of an infinite number. Worlds without end. Some benevolent and life giving. Others filled with malice and hunger. Dark places where powers older than time lie ravenous... and waiting. Who are you in this vast multiverse, Mr. Strange

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Wasn't endgame also.. you know. Created like 4 universes? I gave them cute names and everything, my favorite being the "Shirley Timeline".
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So yeah...

Spoiler:
    The Peter T- I mean, Spider Sense actually saved the day in the end.

Ha! The special effects and action put this one over the top. I'm glad I saw it.

Spoiler:
    I was a bit confused with Mysterio's fate at the end. I saw him get shot with his own drones, but then when he tried to shoot Peter with that gun I assumed it was fake. Then he suddenly died? I read that apparently THAT bullet ricocheted and killed him, but I don't recall seeing that. Either way, that's either a huge coincidence, or him being shot with his own drones was real and he just went in for one last kill attempt. This combined with the post-credits scene...Mysterio is or was one vengeful bastard. I'm surprised he had a plan to screw over Peter like that, but not one to save his own life.

To add this this, I've read rumors that Marvel might be trying to slowly build up a Sinister 6 movie, and I would think you'd have Mysterio in that. I guess you could have his back up team fill that role with a new actor, but I'm still surprised with how his death went down.

Regardless, just bringing back J.K. Simmons makes this better than Endgame. I don't care how brief it was. Fuck Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Ha! The special effects and action put this one over the top. I'm glad I saw it.

Spoiler:
    I was a bit confused with Mysterio's fate at the end. I saw him get shot with his own drones, but then when he tried to shoot Peter with that gun I assumed it was fake. Then he suddenly died? I read that apparently THAT bullet ricocheted and killed him, but I don't recall seeing that. Either way, that's either a huge coincidence, or him being shot with his own drones was real and he just went in for one last kill attempt. This combined with the post-credits scene...Mysterio is or was one vengeful bastard. I'm surprised he had a plan to screw over Peter like that, but not one to save his own life.

To add this this, I've read rumors that Marvel might be trying to slowly build up a Sinister 6 movie, and I would think you'd have Mysterio in that. I guess you could have his back up team fill that role with a new actor, but I'm still surprised with how his death went down.

Regardless, just bringing back J.K. Simmons makes this better than Endgame. I don't care how brief it was. Fuck Thanos.
    Spoiler:
    I think it's basically what you said: he did get shot by his own drones but instead of being all remorseful and peaceful, he tried to kill Peter with basically his last strength. He really was a vindictive bastard, wasn't he?

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Totally agree about Sinister Six, they seem to be halfway there if Beck is replaced with a different Mysterio if he is indeed dead and not pulling the biggest illusion of all now. Wouldn't surprise me if he installed a fail-safe inside Edith to keep himself hidden in case of emergency like Peter getting the glasses back. Feels like it's shaping up to be perfect since none of the current candidates seem like they would work well together so despite joining forces, they wouldn't have the teamwork and coordination with one another to be an unstoppable threat, so Spidey would still stand a chance against them even when outnumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Spoiler:
    I think it's basically what you said: he did get shot by his own drones but instead of being all remorseful and peaceful, he tried to kill Peter with basically his last strength. He really was a vindictive bastard, wasn't he?
    Spoiler:
    His entire motivation was in relation to him being vindictive about the deceased Tony Stark, a guy responsible for saving Beck and everyone else in the universe's ass, so I'd say he certainly was vindictive to a fault.

I gotta say

Spoiler:
    So far the MCU has done well with Spidey's villains. I really liked Vulture. And I really liked Mysterio. Personally they're close behind Loki in villains. Just above Killmonger a bit.

Discovered Stowaway

A few things still nag at me:

Spoiler:
    1. Did not even Talos bother to do any kind of database search to check whether Beck was actually from a different universe, or did one of Beck's teammates possibly erase his identity from all electronic records? Still might not work for things like high school yearbook pictures but still. I don't think the real Fury would have made that kind of mistake.
    2. What exactly was Beck's plan if a real threat showed up? Did he think the drones and illusions would work against something like, say, a Malekith-level threat?
    3. Peter was super concerned about putting MJ and Ned and the others in danger because being associated with him made them targets for Beck. So after his date with her when he just drops her off right in the middle of public, wouldn't she then still be a target for others? Plus if she was ever seen flirting with Peter in public it would allow people to put two and two together.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Bet they forgot about Scorpion already

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Bet they forgot about Scorpion already
    He was still Mac Gargan. He never graduated into enough of Scorpion to be forgot.

By the way, I was wondering if we have a Marvel comics thread, I want to get into them, and be nice to know where to start. I felt it was best to place this question here

Signature:
    Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    By the way, I was wondering if we have a Marvel comics thread, I want to get into them, and be nice to know where to start. I felt it was best to place this question here
    Not Marvel specifically, but we do have a Western Comics thread here:

http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?t=31681

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Not Marvel specifically, but we do have a Western Comics thread here:

http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?t=31681
    Oh! It was located in Western Animation! Thank you very much!

Signature:
    Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

Endgame is at 2.773 billion box office right now. It got a HUGE jump over the July 4th weekend, probably due to Spiderman, and not the re-release extras since that was a couple weeks ago.

It actually passed Avatar's original release last week, but its still about 15 million short of Avatar's year later re-release numbers. It should pass that mark worldwide fairly soon.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Spoiler:
    I'm a bit confused over over Beck's final burn. He reveals that 1) Spidey was the real asshole in the damages caused (a lie, of course), and 2) that Spidey is Peter Parker. Did he expect that people would now hate Spiderman and also hate Peter because they now have a face and a name to their hero? Who's even going to believe that Peter ACTUALLY did any of the things Beck said he did on the bridge? Yes, they'll believe that Spidey is Peter--why not--but why would they just believe that he did bad shit when they know he's already helped save the world a bunch of times?
    Last edited by krule274; July 13th, 2019 at 07:01 PM.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by krule274 View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'm a bit confused over over Beck's final burn. He reveal that 1) Spidey was the real asshole in the damages caused (a lie, of course), and 2) that Spidey is Peter Parker. Did he expect that people would now hate Spiderman and also hate Peter because they now have a face and a name to their hero? Who's even going to believe that Peter ACTUALLY did any of the things Beck said he did on the bridge? Yes, they'll believe that Spidey is Peter--why not--but why would they just believe that he did bad shit when they know he's already helped save the world a bunch of times?
    Spoiler:
    The very fact that it can be proven that Beck was using holographic and audio illusions to fool people (when the storm monster suddenly vanished and turned into a bunch of drones, kind of a dead giveaway...no idea how he planned to spin that and yet nobody seems to have noticed nor cared) ought to throw huge suspicion on him and not Spidey but again, it doesn't seem like anyone was paying attention and so common sense doesn't apply there. But the sheer number of people who the public adore that can vouch for him and stand up for him ought to be enough to quell all doubts and suspicion about Peter, and yet I feel like they're going to just be conveniently absent from his movies like how nobody else was available to help Iron Man, Thor or Cap during each of their Phase 2 films. At this point that makes NO goddamn sense since the Avengers roster, even without the big 3 and Black Widow, is still incredibly bloated. One word from T'Challa, or Pepper, or whoever the hell else, should stop this right in its tracks. But we're not going to see any of that even though Peter's in tight with Happy and he works DIRECTLY for Stark Enterprises.

Also, they have plenty of Skrulls who can pretend they were masquerading as Peter which would cause the 'mix-up' that he was actually Spider-Man so as to cover for him and hopefully make everyone doubt that he was actually the web-slinger. Of course knowing there are shape-shifting aliens all over the place might freak people out so...I guess I'd still take not being a public menace over having everyone know the secret identity.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Spoiler:
    The very fact that it can be proven that Beck was using holographic and audio illusions to fool people (when the storm monster suddenly vanished and turned into a bunch of drones, kind of a dead giveaway...no idea how he planned to spin that and yet nobody seems to have noticed nor cared) ought to throw huge suspicion on him and not Spidey but again, it doesn't seem like anyone was paying attention and so common sense doesn't apply there. But the sheer number of people who the public adore that can vouch for him and stand up for him ought to be enough to quell all doubts and suspicion about Peter, and yet I feel like they're going to just be conveniently absent from his movies like how nobody else was available to help Iron Man, Thor or Cap during each of their Phase 2 films. At this point that makes NO goddamn sense since the Avengers roster, even without the big 3 and Black Widow, is still incredibly bloated. One word from T'Challa, or Pepper, or whoever the hell else, should stop this right in its tracks. But we're not going to see any of that even though Peter's in tight with Happy and he works DIRECTLY for Stark Enterprises.

Also, they have plenty of Skrulls who can pretend they were masquerading as Peter which would cause the 'mix-up' that he was actually Spider-Man so as to cover for him and hopefully make everyone doubt that he was actually the web-slinger. Of course knowing there are shape-shifting aliens all over the place might freak people out so...I guess I'd still take not being a public menace over having everyone know the secret identity.
    Good points, however:

Spoiler:
    ...this is all assuming that people are completely rational. While Peter might have the resources to prove his innocence enough to avoid jail, that video could be enough to turn some of the public against him. Once something like this is out, the damage is done. Especially if JJJ keeps pushing this narrative.

Also, I just finished Punisher season 2, admittedly late. I'd love it if this guy could get a cameo assuming we do get some kind of "Spider-Man as a fugitive" storyline.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information