+ Reply to Thread
Page 548 of 548 FirstFirst ... 48 448 498 538 546 547 548
Results 10,941 to 10,951 of 10951

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Well damn, people can learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Am I remembering incorrectly or wasn't Kevin Feige being on vacation at the time and thus unable to point out how stupid it was to react that way a big part of why he got fired in the first place?
    I don't know, but it would make sense if he was.

This is about money, and him being marketable enough/crime not actually criminal to work.

Also, the fact that they are retiring 2 Chrises and RDJ, and him going straight to DC might have scared them about the posiblities for phase 4.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

How long until WB goes: Wait a minute now all of a sudden you are ready to jump ship again, not pull your full heart into suicide squad and if making that movie a success, not be available for a suicide squad 3, but rather doing marvel movies instead? Get the hell out Gunn...

Who knows how they feel about the sony superman dark parody, and maybe they barely tolerated that one already and this could be the final straw.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

As long as he never diddled anyone i'm a-okay with it

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    As long as he never diddled anyone i'm a-okay with it
    Same here, the whole situation was so blown out of proportion. He made edgy jokes a decade ago, apologized for them long before he was even hired by disney and they still made a circus out of it.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Remember:

Spoiler:

Thor's life was bought with the teseract, the space gem.
    Tony's life was bought with the eye of agamoto, the time gem
    Nova's life was bought with the info of the soul gem, paid in Gamora's life
    Can't remember the intense details of the capture of the mind gem, but a trade was denied there, Wanda sacrificed Vision to keep the gem out of Thanos' reach and it didn't take.

now:
    If the collector is alive, his life was bought with the aether, the reality gem.
    Some rando could have also payed a life with the power gem, a nova corp.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I would like him to do Suicide Squat first. Some of the Marvel sequels have been coming out too fast. I want the actors to grow older etc.

i'll post my full thoughts on Captain Marvel some other time. I saw it last thurday, and really liked it overall. Not one of my favorites, but still enjoyable. I think this would have felt much better for me had it come at the end of Phase 2, kind of like where Ant-Man ended up coming out. It just feels odd in retrospect for such a powerful gamechanging hero to be introduced in an ominous way, and then to get a very "phase 1" feeling solo film.

I was actually very surprised and happy with the references to Agents of SHIELD made in it. Nothing huge and nothing too plot relevant, but in specifics with things with the Kree

Spoiler:

The inhibitor chip in Carol reminds me of the ones put on the Inhumans in the future held under the Kree as slaves.

The second one, and bigger one, is the use of Kree blood. While the movie never specified if Carol died after the accident, or was simply severely injured, it was shown in Agents of SHIELD that Kree blood can heal people of life threatening injuries(Daisy in season 1) or revive someone dead for over a week(Coulson). And in Coulson's case, he also had his memory tampered with as it was shown that others revived without the initial memory tampering would go crazy and start writing in Kree.

Incidentally, the movie does actually serve as a nice round way of how Furry would know to make medicine from Kree blood. And of course, the idea of Project TAHITI(using Kree blood) was to revive a fallen Avenger. It makes sense that Furry would know of how to revive an Avenger, based on Carol "The Avenger"'s experience
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    i'll post my full thoughts on Captain Marvel some other time. I saw it last thurday, and really liked it overall. Not one of my favorites, but still enjoyable. I think this would have felt much better for me had it come at the end of Phase 2, kind of like where Ant-Man ended up coming out. It just feels odd in retrospect for such a powerful gamechanging hero to be introduced in an ominous way, and then to get a very "phase 1" feeling solo film.

I was actually very surprised and happy with the references to Agents of SHIELD made in it. Nothing huge and nothing too plot relevant, but in specifics with things with the Kree

Spoiler:

The inhibitor chip in Carol reminds me of the ones put on the Inhumans in the future held under the Kree as slaves.

The second one, and bigger one, is the use of Kree blood. While the movie never specified if Carol died after the accident, or was simply severely injured, it was shown in Agents of SHIELD that Kree blood can heal people of life threatening injuries(Daisy in season 1) or revive someone dead for over a week(Coulson). And in Coulson's case, he also had his memory tampered with as it was shown that others revived without the initial memory tampering would go crazy and start writing in Kree.

Incidentally, the movie does actually serve as a nice round way of how Furry would know to make medicine from Kree blood. And of course, the idea of Project TAHITI(using Kree blood) was to revive a fallen Avenger. It makes sense that Furry would know of how to revive an Avenger, based on Carol "The Avenger"'s experience
    Spoiler:
    Good point, although we already saw a similar control disc used in Thor: Ragnarok too. Those appeared far more effective at controlling the subject compared to Carol's which burnt off, while Thor's strongest powerup didn't manage to fry his. The Kree could have benefited from some of Sakaar's technology. Should have made friends with the Grandmaster, LOL.

I didn't understand that bit about Carol's nose bleeding blue blood in her very first flashback, or why she saw a Skrull shooting her and Mar-Vell when it was Yon-Rogg. Yon-Rogg revealed that he gave her a transfusion of his own blood when he met with the impostor, but it wasn't clear WHY that was the case or why it had any significance since she didn't get her power from that the way Inhumans did, it came from the infusion of energy from the Tesseract engine (the first known instance of a human being empowered by an Infinity Stone, even before Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver) and the way it looked, she didn't appear to have been ripped apart by the blast, but either needed blood anyway or giving her the transfusion would give them some means of controlling her. Like maybe that inhibitor thing wouldn't work without her having some Kree DNA or something. It didn't make a lot of sense there.

That said, I don't really know what would make Fury think that Kree blood could revive or heal humans. To my recollection, the only dead aliens they had any specimens of were Skrulls, and Carol's transfusion played so little significance that it doesn't really wash. So whatever Kree they recovered after the fact that was used for TAHITI had to have been found later on and any effects its blood had on people had to have been stumbled upon entirely by accident. I wouldn't mind seeing that flashback explored on Agents of SHIELD but this movie didn't prep us for all that on its own. Even if Fury assumed that Kree blood was allegedly compatible with human (if Carol really needed it after the blast), there's no way that would be a viable hypothesis because she was empowered by the Tesseract and other humans weren't, so there's that major physiological difference to consider.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

How does the Disney stock go down after acquiring FOX?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information