+ Reply to Thread
Page 529 of 530 FirstFirst ... 29 429 479 519 527 528 529 530 LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,580 of 10595

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    On some level, I hope that select parts of this are just a blank screen.

So wait is Carol an Inhuman?

Because the way they show her being pumped with Kree blood is EXACTLY how the Inhumans were shown to first be created in Agents of SHIELD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

I don't watched any of Inhumans, but it does sound like that maybe they tried to create Inhumans with Carol's blood?

Hidden:

Discovered Stowaway

I don't watched any of Inhumans, but it does sound like that maybe they tried to create Inhumans with Carol's blood?
    I don't know what they would be hoping to accomplish by using her as a proxy then, unless they were trying to create Inhumans whose base strengths are maybe on a par with that of the Kree, and on top of that gaining Inhuman abilities, but then that would be stupid because they'd be able to overpower their creators because of that edge. If they were just infusing Danvers with some kind of super blood to turn her into Captain Marvel rather than a standard Inhuman, that would make sense, otherwise she'd just be Agents of SHIELD material. They must have done a lot more to her beyond just that or be using a special donor for the transfusion. Or maybe she's a product of both Kree and Skrull blood and that mixture is what makes her Captain Marvel.

Better trailer, but no Coulson. Didn't realize Fury was getting a big role in this, good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Marvel Studios is making (fast tracking) a Shang-Chi movie for Phase 4 (after The Avengers 4); first Asian-led/directed/writen Superhero franchise.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/shang-chi-marvel-studios-first-asian-film-superhero-dave-callaham-kevin-feige-black-panther-1202512660/

D
    ude is (one of) the strongest, non-super-powered Marvel Hero + the most talented martial artist in the Marvel Universe. (He can also create infinite clones of himself, done like Naruto's clone jutsu, but not 100% certain they will do this).
    Great news! Thought they'd make Shang-Chi a TV hero at best. Best part is they have Iron Fist as a roadmap for what not to do.

NNID: jervinnectar

I haven't watched Inhumans either, but Agents of SHIELD explains the origins of them and shows the first Inhuman on earth created thousands of years ago.

Which the method of doing that was pretty much pumping them with Kree blood and some gene modification so that if they're exposed to Terrigen Crystals, they'll evolve and gain powers, or body changes.

Additionally though, Kree blood has effects on humans when just straight pumped into them. It can be used to bring humans back from the dead that have been dead for at least a week(this is how Coulson was revived after fighting Loki), and heal people mortally wounded(happened to Daisy Johnson).

I think that MIGHT be what is happening here, with them implying in the trailer that Carol was injured or died, and the Kree used their blood to heal her.

Question is -if that's the case- why it gave her powers. Because I do doubt that they're just gonna have her be an Inhuman.
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

In other news, with 63 reviews, Spider-Main: Into the Spider-verse is still sitting at 100%. And with an average rating of 9/10

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spi...e_spider_verse

God, I am just so excited for this movie.

The average score seems to be a B/B+. Which is okay by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Question is -if that's the case- why it gave her powers. Because I do doubt that they're just gonna have her be an Inhuman.
    Magical blood science that gives power. You can it inhuman or not but I'm glad they don't feel the need to invent a new way to give superpowers when they already have one. They just got better at it after a couple of millenias.

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    I haven't watched Inhumans either, but Agents of SHIELD explains the origins of them and shows the first Inhuman on earth created thousands of years ago.

Which the method of doing that was pretty much pumping them with Kree blood and some gene modification so that if they're exposed to Terrigen Crystals, they'll evolve and gain powers, or body changes.

Additionally though, Kree blood has effects on humans when just straight pumped into them. It can be used to bring humans back from the dead that have been dead for at least a week(this is how Coulson was revived after fighting Loki), and heal people mortally wounded(happened to Daisy Johnson).

I think that MIGHT be what is happening here, with them implying in the trailer that Carol was injured or died, and the Kree used their blood to heal her.

That was what I thought, so I suggested she might have gotten a mixture of Skrull in there too, or other alien DNA to make her beyond Inhuman. What better way to turn against her Kree controllers than to find out she's a product of the other side's blood too, and become the thing in the middle that puts and end to both of their fights?

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

They better show Mysterio in the Far from Home trailer this Saturday. The wait for the fishbowl in all its kooky glory has been long enough.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

So we're getting Spider-Man and Avengers 4 trailers this week?

Still seems so weird to get a trailer for Spidey of all characters. Like I know they obviously need to promote his film, but he character that had the most impact with their dusting scene is the first one to have film evidence that everything will be OK.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

When you are into mainstream superhero series for a long time, you have to force yourself to accept that superhero deaths are about the journey in seeing how they return and how the status-quo temporarily changes than the death itself actually sticking.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    When you are into mainstream superhero series for a long time, you have to force yourself to accept that superhero deaths are about the journey in seeing how they return and how the status-quo temporarily changes than the death itself actually sticking.
    The movies are contained enough that they've had the option of not doing that. Obviously everyone in Avengers was going to be fixed because it was all magic maguffin anyway.

Red Skull coming back? More of a surprise.

Coulson coming back? Dude is still dead as far as the films are concerned. (Ditto any and all plot points about Inhumans.) When SHIELD launched they tried to pretend everything was connected, along with the Netflix shows, but its such a loose vague connection with so little actual overlap it doesn't really matter.

It's always been a one-way connection (for the most part), and that makes sense. Although now it really seems like Captain Marvel may reference a lot of AoS lore. They'll present it in a way that works for the movie but I believe Coulson can save the world AoS watchers will get a lot of enjoyment out if it.
    Last edited by Huschel; December 6th, 2018 at 01:21 AM.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

3DS Friend Code: 0619 - 7302 - 6515 Oops, lost my 3DS... :(

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

Coulson coming back? Dude is still dead as far as the films are concerned. (Ditto any and all plot points about Inhumans.) When SHIELD launched they tried to pretend everything was connected, along with the Netflix shows, but its such a loose vague connection with so little actual overlap it doesn't really matter.
    The Netflix shows never even ATTEMPTED to pretend they were connected to the larger MCU outside of mentioning "the battle of NY" a dozen times or so.

I get why the films haven't tried to connect. They're telling their own narrative. It'd be awkward to just be like "oh yeah and by the way did you hear Ghost Rider is kicking it with Coulson? Cool right!".

But AoS -in their own context- has been as connected as they can get to the MCU. And especially given they're working through the dumb aspect of having a completely separate creative force -Marvel TV- handle this show that was pitched as being connected to the Marvel Studios films. By Clark Greg's accounts, they really don't get any insight on the direction of the films either.

So I appreciate the smalls things that do get placed in. Agents of SHIELD does tell it's own stories, but fits them into the context of the films pretty nicely. The obvious exception is the plot of Winter Solider, which took over the story of the end of their first season. But it's nice to see them attempt it at least. Especially when the films clearly need to be able to tell a story without saying "Go watch 6 seasons of this ABC show to understand".

Examples would be like having a plot point of Coulson having a mysterious protocol for half of a season, with only certain agents being in the know about it. That protocol ends up being having the Hellicarrier and it's crew ready for when Furry has it in Age of Ultron. Or Furry himself popping in -in the same clothes no less- right after saying goodbye to Cap and Sam and the end of WS. Ghost Rider's portals use the same effect as Dr Strange's, the Sakovia Accords effecting how SHIELD had been operating. Not to mention characters like Lady Sif, POTUS Ellis, Maria Hill, one of the World Security Council members on multiple episodes.

The biggest probably is the end of season 5, with Thanos's crew invading being the direct motivation for the end of the season's villain.

Again, sucks that it is one sided, but I at least applaud the show for putting effort into still attempting to keep it connected and consistent with the universe, both in it's plot and by actually getting film characters in these shows. Unlike every other "MCU" show that makes no such attempts.

Nick Furry.....now I want to see Samuel Jackson cosplay as a furry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

HEROMAN... ATTACK!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information