+ Reply to Thread
Page 452 of 593 FirstFirst ... 352 402 442 450 451 452 453 454 462 502 552 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,040 of 11853

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - The suit makes the (Spider) man

Well sometimes, when there are two post-credit scenes, one is relevant, the other is pure trolling, so since the one post--credits scene seemed pretty relevant to me I thought I was good to.go.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Well sometimes, when there are two post-credit scenes, one is relevant, the other is pure trolling, so since the one post--credits scene seemed pretty relevant to me I thought I was good to.go.
    GotG final credit scene was worth the laugh.

My sister and I just saw the movie. It was so freaking good like wow.

..... She immediately had to come home and draw this... You won't get it if you haven't seen the movie, it's only kindof a spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Just got home from seeing it and I will post more tomorrow, but I loved this. I had some nitpicks, but it easily stood out as the best Thor movie, in my opinion.

And this was easily, no contest, my favorite Stan Lee cameo. Holy shit I was in pain from laughing at his "barber's equipment".

Also managed to get to see it in 3d for the price of the regular ticket! Went to Regal since I was working late tonight, and the latest showing they had was at 11PM. It was a standard showing, but for some reason they only had the film for the 3d version. Unfortunately, it was only after them airing the Pacific Rim Uprising, Black Panther, and Start Wars trailers all in 3D before they came and gave us glasses. But still glad I got to see it in 3d, since I would have been going another time this week for it.

I am curious about a certain Asgradian that was "portrayed" in the movie, but didn't actually appear.

Spoiler:
    Lady Sif didn't appear accept for being a part of Loki's play. Curious, since she specifically has appeared on Agents of Shields twice. Why cut the most recognizable female Thor character?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

I wish 3D didn't give me headaches anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Just got home from seeing it and I will post more tomorrow, but I loved this. I had some nitpicks, but it easily stood out as the best Thor movie, in my opinion.

And this was easily, no contest, my favorite Stan Lee cameo. Holy shit I was in pain from laughing at his "barber's equipment".

Also managed to get to see it in 3d for the price of the regular ticket! Went to Regal since I was working late tonight, and the latest showing they had was at 11PM. It was a standard showing, but for some reason they only had the film for the 3d version. Unfortunately, it was only after them airing the Pacific Rim Uprising, Black Panther, and Start Wars trailers all in 3D before they came and gave us glasses. But still glad I got to see it in 3d, since I would have been going another time this week for it.

I am curious about a certain Asgradian that was "portrayed" in the movie, but didn't actually appear.

Spoiler:
    Lady Sif didn't appear accept for being a part of Loki's play. Curious, since she specifically has appeared on Agents of Shields twice. Why cut the most recognizable female Thor character?
    Spoiler:
    Scheduling conflicts with her tv show. Besides I would have hated a 5 second death cameo like the others got
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Let's hear it for consistency indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Scheduling conflicts with her tv show. Besides I would have hated a 5 second death cameo like the others got
    From what I've gathered online the official explanation seems to be

Spoiler:
    Loki, as Odin, banished her offscreen before she'd suspect he wasn't in fact Odin. Which of course raises more questions about when she tries to contact Thor only to not be able to, and possibly discover the ruins of Asgard.
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Just came back from seeing it. For the most part, I really, really liked. I just didn't like...

Hidden:
    Thor's friends being killed off in such a shitty way. I actually really liked those characters. Thor 1 and Thor 2 gets a lot of shit, but as someone who was never a huge Thor fan, I went into those liking those characters. So seeing them being tossed aside like nothing is tragic. Oh well...

And I was also hoping they'd go for Hela being Loki's daughter, like in the comics.

Just saw it.
    Thank you, cinematic Marvel Universe, for Norse mythology and an epic futuristic soundtrack in a single movie. For Gladiator Hulk and black haired Cate Blanchett. For Blasters and Valkyries. And for combining all that with funny scenes and not one boring second.
    I mean, this movie felt like the realization of those comic plotlines studios often ruled out, because they were too ridiculous or the characters and scenes are too campy. Well, they accomplished it and made it consistent, in itself and in universe.

That's a pretty high bar DC, let's see what you can do in two weeks...
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Saw the movie today.

Fun as hell and easily the best Thor movie.

Also, was really surprised to see that Mark Mothersbaugh, the lead singer of Devo, did the music.

So here is what I'm thinking about Loki in Infinity War

Spoiler:
    I'm absolutely certain he grabbed the Tesseract on his way out of Asgard, and it will obviously fall into possession of Thanos. However I don't think we're going to get another betrayal from Loki, after everything in this past movie I think he's done being the bad guy. I see him either openly offering the Tesseract in exchange for the Asgardians' safety, or "backstabbing" Thor in some scheme to save the Asgardians.

Bottom line, I don't think Loki will be doing anything to outright try to usurp Thor anymore, but rather use his bad guy cred to lead Thanos away from the destruction of the remaining Asgardians and Thor.

I also think we really need to see Korg drop Banner off on earth. I mean....I really need this.

I say if we can't get an MCU Ben Grim, Korg is the best back up. #KorgforNewAvengers
    Last edited by Satsuki; November 5th, 2017 at 12:58 AM. Reason: That's a spoiler too!

Man, this Planet Hulk movie was nice.
    Spoiler:
    I think Norway is a nice place for make a new Asgard.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

We need to get Korg and Drax in the same scene.

Korg is my new favorite MCU character. Plz come back for Infinity War.

I think Ragnarok is going to knock The Avengers out of my top MCU trifecta with the GotG films.

Movie could have been better but it's still good enough to knock Civil War out of my #5 spot. Favorite part was easily
    Spoiler:
    Loki's reactions to Hulk and his fight with Thor. That's what it feels like!

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Just got back from the movie. I super liked it. I especially like fight scenes where they don't overuse camera angles that blur and confuse the action. I felt like I could follow the hits.

The comedy was at the right level to me. I just enjoyed myself. The only things I would say I didn't enjoy were

Spoiler:
    The long bit of pouty Hulk. I didn't really find that portion as engaging. But I did like Hulk interacting with Valkarie. And Thor constantly trying to use Black Widow's calming technique on Banner.

Well, Thor blew it out of the park, as expected.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4341&p=.htm

So I enjoy the movie fine enough. Especially after the villain send them to the place.

Thor was changed for this movie
    Spoiler:
    His personality was the one from the short of where he was during civil war rather his normal one which was weird.

Marvel's is really getting annoying inserting humor everywhere. It was especially jarring during the first part of the movie where a joke had to be put every single time to undercut any tension or important moment. Thankfully once we change scenery it doesn't take to long to switch to a more GOTG(first one) way of doing humor where it is here but the important moments and emotional beats are allowed to play out before the humor comes back or integrate as part of the scene rather than a distraction from it
    Spoiler:
    Thor sending the piece of metal at Loki is funny but also a way to show how he cannot trust his brother. Same with the taser moment.

Overall the humor worked fine enough once we were passed the first part. It failed a lot but when it landed it landed strong. The humor mostly worked when it was an unexpected.

Thor's companion were pretty great and I think their integration worked well. He got his own avengers team without being forced or detracting from his story.

What I enjoy about the movie is that it is the first in a while that didn't simply feel like a placeholder until the next avenger. They were real personal stakes, real conflict, real evolution and real consequences. I don't watch that movie thinking that was a nice side adventure of Thor so we don't forget he exist until the avengers. And the stakes aren't tied to the future of the MCU

And contrarily to "Captain America 3" the main character didn't just turned into another person in the main cast but stayed the focus from A to Z.

To me the movie manage the great accomplishment of being in the universe while also being his own something I'm not sure any other movie did(Winter soldier and GOTG feel remote).

So where Homecoming earned my respect but was fairly clinical in his execution leaving little in term soul and enjoyment Thor manage to be way less good "objectively"(althought I don't believe in objectivity of art) but earn respect for doing a real movie that also has soul and enjoyment. If Homecoming is a clinical 9 Thor is enjoyable 7.

Random spoiler thoughts:

Spoiler:

-Considering how much people compare them I find it funny that Thor's theme reminded of Wonder wonman's at least at the beginning.

- It seems they are preparing the ground for infinity war. Hulk is starting to show his limit rather than being the usual unstoppable force and Strange got upgraded to high level of sorcery with ease.

-Did I say how much I love that the movie was his own thing. There was a real story about Thor growing up to feel worthy and becoming better. Their some great moments and a real resolution with the brother. Asgard got destroyed and Thor is even missing an eye.

-I think the themes and conflict were really well handled expect for Hera's executioner. I especially liked the Thor and Loki moments(humor and serious)and the resolution well symbolize with him catching the thing to prove he is really there this time.

- I would have preferred if Thor had his first vision of Odin in a dream or just heard a voice. In the middle of a battle it was just weird.

-That fight between Thor and Hulk was pretty great and blood pumping. I especially like when Thor enters god.The constant gear switching was great and one thing I was not sure if they'd and I'm glad is having Thor dominate by using his martial skills.

- I really enjoy watching the asgardian fight in term of choreography. That exchange between Loki and the Valkyrie is just great.

- Highlight of humor: Thor getting hit by the ball, that random story about Loki as a snake made even greater by Loki smirking at the end, a last one I can't remember right now.

- Rock guy delivery was pretty good for most of the time but they shouldn't have went for humor at the end when Thor is asking where to go. It's the one moment where his humor was to much and ruined/diminished the moment.

-Raiden Thor is great. Although since he gets power from Asgard I wonder if he kept that.

-Hera was good in terms of villain my opinion. She is no vulture but she isn't subpar either. I especially like her trying to fight the giant fire monster at the end and her whole story and actions fitted the themed this movie was telling. Will she be remembered? Probably not. But she did a good job as a villain as far as I am concerned.

Think Ragnarok is now my favorite Marvel movie, but I also strongly believe comic-book movies should be pretty goofy. Like the adjustments they've made to Thor's character where he's now a little dim but very conscious of being a hero.

And, well...

Spoiler:
    Immigrant Song comeback at the end was incredibly telegraphed, but damned if I didn't love it to pieces.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information