+ Reply to Thread
Page 449 of 644 FirstFirst ... 349 399 439 447 448 449 450 451 459 499 549 ... LastLast
Results 8,961 to 8,980 of 12879

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - The suit makes the (Spider) man

So yeah that just dropped.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Still looks good .
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post

So yeah that just dropped.

Guess we didn't have to wait for Thor.

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Am I the only one who just doesn't care about Black Panther? Nothing about it really makes it stand out from the rest of the Marvel pack.

Thor 3 looks much more fun imo

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Black Panther is such a huuuuge milestone. I'm thrilled it looks as good as it does. I'm super excited still.

What she said. This stands out because it's a huge milestone for minorities, in that African-Americans finally get a big superhero. And sorry, Falcon doesn't count, he's too sidekick.

Now I'm just waiting for an Asian superhero that isn't white-washed.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Am I the only one who just doesn't care about Black Panther? Nothing about it really makes it stand out from the rest of the Marvel pack.

Thor 3 looks much more fun imo
    I kind of get what you mean, but some of these visuals are seriously top notch. And I think that part of what gets me intrigued is the world traveling in this film. Black Panther in Japan is awesome. It's definitely going to have a boring usurper villain of the week though, unfortunately.

Thor 3... eh. All it looks like to me is trying to salvage the Thor franchise by injecting it with Guardians of the Galaxy's fun side and butchered aspects of Planet Hulk. I like Guardians of the Galaxy and Planet Hulk, but... eh. Looks like another lighthearted popcorn action flick with pop culture jokes. The one thing that the movie might sell me on is Thor and Hulk's bromance though.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

The trailer made me think of something and...well, I just had to

I get that Black Panther is important to a lot of people from a representation standpoint in the same way that Wonder Woman was and I don't want to take away from that. But for me, someone who holds no emotional stake in seeing Black Panther on the big screen, I honestly have trouble deciphering what the movie is actually about. The trailers seem to be focusing on selling the idea of Wakanda as the primary draw, and if that works for you, that's cool. Meanwhile, I haven't seen much humor or anything resembling an interesting plot to make the movie stand out. The villain, from the little I can tell, seems cut from the same cloth as memorable villains like Jebadiah Stone or Yellowjacket. I really would love this movie to be as successful and inspiring as Wonder Woman but I'm just not seeing anything special yet. And it doesn't help that the title font is generic af.

Thor 3 looks like a zonkers space opera/road trip with some crazy imagery. Maybe it's just the trailer's stylistic differences but it seems a lot more exciting and appealing to me.

I liked Jebadiah.

I want to watch Thor for relation between Thor and the Hulk that seems like the kind of banter I can easily enjoyed. And effect wise they seems to really want to sell the godly side(raiden eyes) which could do nice spectacle.

Black Panther seems the kind of experience that will be frustrating to me where everyone will see greatness and I will be sitting with a bunch of little nitpicks that rubs me the wrong way in terms of the story and character.

It'll be interesting to see whether to see Ragnarok makes people forget Dark World.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    It'll be interesting to see whether to see Ragnarok makes people forget Dark World.
    You can see any superhero movie and immediately forget about Dark World's existence lol.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Thor 3 is a Taika Waititi project, and judging from the interviews he's given, he's had quite a bit of creative freedom throughout the project. That alone sets it apart from any MCU movie before it.

And that alone makes me kind of really afraid I'm not gonna love it as MUCH as I want to like it. Cause right now I wanna have kids with this movie. I don't know if I'm setting my expectations too high. Am I?

I liked What We Do In the Shadows, but ...

I somewhat enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy, and did not enjoy the second one at all. And this Thor gives off a GOTG vibe, and that worries me. Marvel has a problem where they take moments that are sincere or serious and turn them into a joke. And that's fine, fine for a comedy film and portions of a film, but not when it's the finale with life-or-death stakes - not just the main characters but often thousands if not millions of people.

Which is why Winter Soldier is my favorite of the bunch.

Never seen a Marvel Movie before, but Black Panther is tempting. The visuals are gorgeous, it's nice to see Africans being portrayed as technologically advanced and the story seems to be interesting enough.

And again, the visuals. I hate grey, bland, single-palette visuals so I'm hoping this will start a new trend.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Thor's coming out November 2nd here, but I'm sure is coming out earlier somewhere else, we better keep away from the internet by late this Month to avoid spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Thor's coming out November 2nd here, but I'm sure is coming out earlier somewhere else, we better keep away from the internet by late this Month to avoid spoilers
    That is the same as the US release date.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    That is the same as the US release date.
    Ooh, I've seen November 3 on all trailers, theaters think different probably.

Thor 3's reviews have started to come out and apparently it's exactly as much fun as it looked in the trailers. Great visuals, excellent humor, exciting characters, and solid action. On the downside, the plot is relatively by-the-numbers and the emotional moments are too frequently undercut by jokes. Still overwhelmingly positive reviews though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Thor 3's reviews have started to come out and apparently it's exactly as much fun as it looked in the trailers. Great visuals, excellent humor, exciting characters, and solid action. On the downside, the plot is relatively by-the-numbers and the emotional moments are too frequently undercut by jokes. Still overwhelmingly positive reviews though.
    From what I read, the parts that are the most underwhelming are when the main plot has to shift to stuff going on with Asgard. So in Thor's best movie, the worst stuff is the content his series is synonymous with while the best qualities come from another superhero's story. That's sad.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information