+ Reply to Thread
Page 423 of 644 FirstFirst ... 323 373 413 421 422 423 424 425 433 473 523 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,460 of 12879

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - The suit makes the (Spider) man

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    This thread illustrates the concept perfectly. I looked at it, saw that they were making another spidey film and was all kinds of meh. But upon seeing this little trailer i realized that the greatest spiderman villain of all-time finally gets a bit-part in this. This made me about 170% more likely to go see this one.
    Please tell me you're talking about the ever lovable Shocker.

I will deduct points for not bald vulture in a songbird suit. But atleast it's a quality actor
    The cleverness and simplicity of the fighter pilot bomber jacket, pilot helmet, and glowing green eyes makes it up for me. And the fact that we get to keep the Michael Keaton flying creature casting running gag going.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    -____-

And we complain that Warner Bros are the biggest fucking idiots in making superhero movies.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Please tell me you're talking about the ever lovable Shocker.
    But of course. He's been my fave since i saw spiderman TAS as a kid.

I can always count on you to preach some creative truth, Woody. Spoilers are even how I get interested in series like One Piece (not that I approve of visible off-topic spoilers).
    Without a superficial wiki page on Robin and Franky I wouldn't had read one piece. Maybe Brook who could have pulled me by his existence alone.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Well...there goes my dream of seeing Norman Osborne and the Thunderbolts as part of the MCU :/

(No seriously Sony, why the eff are you guys so dumb?)

Distancing themselves of the plot already done twice?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

But of course. He's been my fave since i saw spiderman TAS as a kid.

All I need is for the guy to literally call himself the Shocker, and I'm satisfied. Not that thing where superhero movies try to be too "serious" to have supervillain names or a one-off joke reference by another character. He needs to LITERALLY identify himself as the Shocker.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Well...there goes my dream of seeing Norman Osborne and the Thunderbolts as part of the MCU :/

(No seriously Sony, why the eff are you guys so dumb?)
    Because unlike Fox with Fantastic Four the rights to Spider-Man is still "somewhat" profitable to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - Ooooga chaaka

Spoiler:
    Agreed. I don't see why they basically spoiled what looks to be the climax of the series in Tony taking away Peter's suit and Peter using his old one to fight Vulture. Although there's still plenty we don't know.
    I assume that
    Spoiler:
    That the trailer is showing up to the midpoint of the film... and the *finale* Peter gets the quality suit back and maybe teams up with Tony.

I mean, I'd be fine with him doing the job in the homemade costume and getting the good one back at the very end but I can't imagine the hollywood formula lettering him go in at half quality for the fine. Not in a generic superhero movie.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    -____-

That's pure speculation on her end and she isn't saying anything official at all. They didn't go through all the negotiation of letting Spidey into the MCU to then not include him in Avengers. It's better for both companies to let him get guest stars and be a guest star... and for Marvel to have influence on the Sony films. (And they're all better off if Norman Osborn and Kingpin are allowed to run around more fully.. though Kingpin is hamstrung by the tv series already handling him.)

They didn't sign up to just have him in Civil War and set it up. Hell, the new posters are all about showing off that its right next to the Avengers building.
    Last edited by Robby; March 29th, 2017 at 05:03 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Spoiler:
    Re-watching the trailer, seems once again someone messes up and thinks Shocker's powers(well his gauntlets) are electric instead of shock waves, he sends a lighting bolt in the trailer, Spider-man has Electro for that.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Spoiler:
    Re-watching the trailer, seems once again someone messes up and thinks Shocker's powers(well his gauntlets) are electric instead of shock waves, he sends a lighting bolt in the trailer, Spider-man has Electro for that.
    Spoiler:
    Wasn't that Vulture? And that may not be necessarily eletricity. I don't know how Shocker's Gauntlets runs of energy, but I can see being fueled by electricity to send shock waves.

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Spoiler:
    His own fault for having a yellow costume and calling himself "Shocker". Just screams "electricity." Maybe if he'd been "Blaster" or "Boomer" or "Shaker" or "Seismic" or "Rumbler" or something instead.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Was anyone else a little underwhelmed by the trailer? For some reason it didn't do it for me, even though I'm excited for the movie.

Captain America: Civil War was enough of a trailer for me. This was just extra sprinkles with a cherry on top.

It increased the anticipation but only slightly.
    Everything's Eventual...

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - Ooooga chaaka

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I assume that
    Spoiler:
    That the trailer is showing up to the midpoint of the film... and the *finale* Peter gets the quality suit back and maybe teams up with Tony.

I mean, I'd be fine with him doing the job in the homemade costume and getting the good one back at the very end but I can't imagine the hollywood formula lettering him go in at half quality for the fine. Not in a generic superhero movie.
    Spoiler:

I absolutely agree. However, I'm not all that into Peter teaming up with Tony for the finale in what is supposed to be his solo debut. His movie. A team-up anywhere else in the movie is fine, but the final assault is a bit, eh... Although I'm sure they might find some sort of way for Peter and Toomes to have a one-on-one fight while Tony is conveniently obstructed. Which I suppose will be satisfactory.

His own fault for having a yellow costume and calling himself "Shocker". Just screams "electricity." Maybe if he'd been "Blaster" or "Boomer" or "Shaker" or "Seismic" or "Rumbler" or something instead.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That would've made him an even bigger joke than the Ultimate Universe did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I'm not saying those are *good* names. That's completely off the top of my head stuff that better explains his powers without sounding like an electric villain. Presumably whoever created him could have put some time and thought into it though. Coulda also called him Shriek or Echo or Canary or hell, "Shockwave" actually gets it across pretty well and doesn't sound bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    You guys are jerkfaced jerks who dun know how to appreciate nuthin'.

Me and the count will form our own club to admire the kooky glory of Stan Lee's naming schemes.

You guys are jerkfaced jerks who dun know how to appreciate nuthin'.

Me and the count will form our own club to admire the kooky glory of Stan Lee's naming schemes.
    I like Shocker! I'm not saying I don't!

I'm just saying a different name might have helped get across the idea that he wasn't an electric villain, which is a common mistake made with him.

I like Shocker! I'm not saying I don't!

I'm just saying a different name might have helped get across the idea that he wasn't an electric villain, which is a common mistake made with him.
    Spoiler:

lol I get what Robby is saying though. I agree. But if you ask me... The potential misunderstandings just make the name even better.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information