+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 924 : Ha*

Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

The editor comment at the end of the chapter got me thinking in regards to the theme of fate in OP "those two are fated to meet" and how it could be connected to willpower. It could a typical hype thing that editors usually do, but I still wanna think if there is something more to it .Another thing i thought about is the difference in attitude between the supernovas and why kidd and luffy are the only ones that have conqerors haki.

I think CoC is given to those who are willing to fight against the odds and take challenges head on. Roger never ran away from fight like WB. In the Edd war against shiki, roger faced an armada against his one ship and never flinched and fought him anway. At the end MF,the narrator highlighted that never in WBs life did he get a scratch on his back because never backed down from a fight. Its these kinds of people with that approach to life are the ones to have CoC.The only hole in my theory is zoro since he has these qualities but doesnt have it or maybe he does?!!

Ppl say "will why dont the other supernovas have it, they want to be king to". Will they have that but i think their missing the aproach. Law wants to be king, but he plans and schemes and never confronts the odds head on its why he scholded luffy for trying to fight kaido because law isnt the kind of person to take on impossible challenges like kaido directly. Hawkins gave up and became kaidos subordinate. My theory is that the center of hawkings character is looking at the odds he is the kind of guy that if the odds are too low he will simply obey them and follow them without thinking of doing anything to change it. He probably looked at kaido saw his odds at "0%" and gave up. I think his character arc is going to be learning to fight to increase odds rather than submit to it. Capone also sought to be under BM although he wanted to take her down once again he tried to do it by scheming and working in the shadows but never directly. This mindset applies to most supernovas

Whats up with the weird Franky / Robin and Usopp faces? Do they have a meaning or just for comedic effect?

Powerlevel = 1 Cavendish Cavendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
    Whats up with the weird Franky / Robin and Usopp faces? Do they have a meaning or just for comedic effect?
    Reaction to reading in the newspaper that Luffy got his ass kicked and has been thrown in jail.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by ArabianPrynce View Post
    The editor comment at the end of the chapter got me thinking in regards to the theme of fate in OP "those two are fated to meet" and how it could be connected to willpower. It could a typical hype thing that editors usually do, but I still wanna think if there is something more to it .Another thing i thought about is the difference in attitude between the supernovas and why kidd and luffy are the only ones that have conqerors haki.
    As far as we know, Urouge could have it too, for example. Considering how he barged into BM's territory, beat the shit out of one of the executives and still managed to escape from BM.

Wonder what's with Killer and the rest of Kid' crew, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    The facefaults were golden.

Looks like things are going the way I was hoping. A chance for the other Straw Hats to get more focus, but when we do go to Luffy I'm excited for what's in store with Kid and that mysterious prisoner. The literal curtains at the end of the chapter added to the excitement for some reason, seems grand and official. What a first act it was, I don't think anyone was expecting anything really like it. It had its issues, but I enjoyed its overall structure.

My biggest gripe about the chapter would probably be omitting Law's escape from Hawkins. Overall a ton of things happened this chapter which could sometimes be overwhelming, especially coming off two very short, focused action chapters, and Law's stuff seemed to suffer the most from that.
    What he said, basically. I don't know why, but when that masked woman with the shimasen (is that how that instrument is called?) reappeared and the curtain fell, and I saw the "First Act: FIN", I was genuinely excited. Some of us have been mentioning how this feels like a literal Prologue to the Wano arc, like a mini arc bent on establishing the setting, the characters and the main conflict. As you said, there have been issues, some of which have become a bit too common in the manga by now (excessive exposition, corner cutting, flanderization 'cough Sanji cough', etc. . .), but overall, this feels refreshing.

And I also agree with the omitting of Law's escape being kind of disappointing, but seeing the different pieces start to fall back into place is exciting.

Really looking forward to seeing that shadowy figure that spits deadly fish bones. Guessing it's one of the three missing samurai, but I'm open to wathever surprise Oda has in store for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavendish View Post
    Reaction to reading in the newspaper that Luffy got his ass kicked and has been thrown in jail.
    Captain Obvious much? ^^;

Is it some Kabuki theater reference or something?

One thing that kinda confuses me about Luffy's capture is that there doesn't seem to be any seastone in his cuffs. Otherwise I imagine he'd just melt down and not ba ble to stand up. Or is it?

Anyway it seems as if the only thing truly stopping him there is his injuries from the fight just before. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to blast his way out if he wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    One thing that kinda confuses me about Luffy's capture is that there doesn't seem to be any seastone in his cuffs. Otherwise I imagine he'd just melt down and not ba ble to stand up. Or is it?

Anyway it seems as if the only thing truly stopping him there is his injuries from the fight just before. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to blast his way out if he wanted to.
    those were probably sea stone cuffs. Still let people walk normally but won't be able to access their devil fruit ability. re.. Robin Enies Lobby or Marco at the war.

At first when Kaido mentioned "that brat" with CoC I thought he was referring to Ace. It could be he was referring to Kidd. Kaido seems to be able to see or sense the will of people like other strong fighters have been able to do. I'm interested in finding out who the silhouette is. It's likely to be one of the powerful samurai but I got the feeling the silhouette recognised Luffy. Robin's face haha! And I'm still waiting for Apoo to make a spectacular entrance! That him playing the banjo at the end? lol

Quote Originally Posted by $abZ View Post
    At first when Kaido mentioned "that brat" with CoC I thought he was referring to Ace. It could be he was referring to Kidd. Kaido seems to be able to see or sense the will of people like other strong fighters have been able to do. I'm interested in finding out who the silhouette is. It's likely to be one of the powerful samurai but I got the feeling the silhouette recognised Luffy. Robin's face haha! And I'm still waiting for Apoo to make a spectacular entrance!
    He was talking about Kid.

Some good and some bad in this chapter.
    The 'HA' faces were golden (does feel like I'm missing the reference, though), but at the same time I'm going to have nightmares about Robin's for years to come. If possible it's worse than Franky in Chopper's body.
    The Kunoichi's power is... Quite Oda-ish, I love it.
    Also, intrigued by the mysterious prisoner in the factory. At first I thought it was Kidd, but seeing how the jailers take Luffy through another door before throwing him in the cell, the fish-eater must have been in a different location.

Law's expository self-dialog on p.8 felt terrible, on the other hand. I haven't been this disturbed by a panel in a while, what makes it worse is that a brooding silent expression would have conveyed the same meaning perfectly and so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Oh right, to think I joked about Shinobu digging a hole last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Captain Obvious much? ^^;

Is it some Kabuki theater reference or something?
    Second act in Kabuki is named "Ha"

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    Second act in Kabuki is named "Ha"
    Meant just the face faults. I know that. From reading this thread. Context, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    It's interesting to know that Roger, Rayleigh and Oden had conqueror's haki. It might imply that Sanji will have it too, lol
    That's a big probability along with usopp and zoro since the Conqueror's Haki is manifested yo those who has qqualities of a king with Sanji being a prince and someone in line to be king he should have one. We know Zoro wants to be the greatest swordsman so that could imply being the "king" of all swordsman, and usopp already hinted thru his lies that he would have a Conqueror's Haki someday when he talks to the tontatta about it.

Im more interested with Shinobu's ability cause it seems like she can only use it on inanimate objects and has a side effect of rotting the things away

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Regarding the mysterious figure in prison, don't think he is one of the three samurais.

https://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/921/9 - this is how Kinemon remembers then and neither has a tophat (like holdem has) and i think Oda sticks to the general outfit of the samurais (Ashura looks the same as he looked 20y ago). My guess is that the prisoner could be the Mink traitor that revealed Zou's location/tracking method and he was tortured for it. It is a could plot development since Inuarashi is here and will give a hand in helping him escape.
    Luffy vs Katakuri compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/qrFOY9p/luffyxkata.pdf

Luffy vs Cracker compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/Pk06JZL/luffy-vs-cracker.pdf

Luffy vs Doflamingo compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/VDl3Ctf/luffyxdoffy.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Meant just the face faults. I know that. From reading this thread. Context, man.

When you became such an ass? As bad as me almost

Its as simple as nod to Kabuki expressions that are more expressive thanks to kumadori face paint when we speak about real Kabuki.

Quote Originally Posted by $abZ View Post
    At first when Kaido mentioned "that brat" with CoC I thought he was referring to Ace. It could be he was referring to Kidd. Kaido seems to be able to see or sense the will of people like other strong fighters have been able to do. I'm interested in finding out who the silhouette is. It's likely to be one of the powerful samurai but I got the feeling the silhouette recognised Luffy. Robin's face haha! And I'm still waiting for Apoo to make a spectacular entrance! That him playing the banjo at the end? lol
    I thought the same thing from reading the chapter. I looked at the spoiler pages, and Kaido definitely says Kidd's name. Putting the second "d" in his name would have negated the confusion.

Do we know for sure Luffy is in the same cell as Kidd? Their panels were separated. He may be with mystery guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    When you became such an ass? As bad as me almost

Its as simple as nod to Kabuki expressions that are more expressive thanks to kumadori face paint when we speak about real Kabuki.
    Been cranky at work all morning. #goals

Figured it was a nod to that overexpression thing they got going.

Little too much in Robin's case.

Quote Originally Posted by CHiZZoPs View Post
    I thought the same thing from reading the chapter. I looked at the spoiler pages, and Kaido definitely says Kidd's name. Putting the second "d" in his name would have negated the confusion.
    Yeah, but it's never officially been spelled "Kidd", has it? The name was always "Kid" with one D.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information