+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 520

Thread: Chapter 924 : Ha*

  1. #481
    Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Romania

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Take away Big Mom's devil fruit and she's not half as dangerous. Just saying. No cloud riding, no lightnings and fires.

    It's also an assumption that Mihawk can't cut Buggy. ^^;
    Almost everybody that is known as a powerful character in OP is strong in his own right, without DF, Haki, etc. Even Luffy, without Gomu Gomu is strong as hell. Remember when he still smashed rocks and shit before gaining Gear 2.
    And also, as KageKage said, BM KO'ed the Giants leaders out cold, killed the bear, she even ate the fking kids, a table and some chairs in the middle of obtaining the DF :)))

  2. #482
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Regarding the discussion about Luffy starting to think before he acts and being less willing to get into trouble than in the past - I have a few issues with that.

    Namely, him being so pragmatic would be a pretty major shift in his character - one that we haven't really seen in One Piece at all. The plot hasn't revolved around Luffy learning how to improve on his internal flaws to become a better pirate and captain - rather, Luffy is aided in his growth as a captain by adding a wide variety of crewmates who each add something different to the crew. But the key to success for Luffy himself has always been standing up for what he believes in and growing strong enough to do that successfully. If we start seeing Luffy carefully plan out his next moves, and think several steps in advance, would that really be Luffy? It would be quite the loop and I'm not sure it would benefit One Piece.

    Also, in order for this development to feel natural and realistic, there needs to be an inciting incident (or preferably multiple ones) that show Luffy that he is not going to succeed with his disposition. So has there been any such event? One could say the Sabaody incident, but then you have to think about the alternative. Sure, Luffy could have avoided having his crew split up if he never punched Charlos, but two of his friends would have been enslaved. And him deciding not to invade Impel Down and Marineford would have benefited him physically, but it wouldn't have aided the Whitebeard Pirates in rescuing Ace - they may never have had a shot if Luffy wasn't there.

    So I don't think Luffy has had much reason to really regret his headstrong nature. I'm reminded of his conversation with Doflamingo right before he activates Gear Fourth - Doflamingo saying that Dressrosa would have been happy and peaceful if the Straw Hats had never shown up and caused trouble, only for Luffy to reply that, under the surface, it had never been either of those to begin with.
    It would have been easy to make Luffy more mature using his brother's death and the seperation. Oda decided to keep him the same and made it all about his strength which is also a choice. But To say that there wasn't an opportunity seems disengenuous. I mean Zoro got more braggy and lazy so change ver the 2 years is not some crazy thing especially since we saw how badly Luffy was broke and he was forced to do something that was against his MO AKA take a breath and regroup.

    He could have for example not pointlessly pick a fight with Fuji but he did to tell us it's the same old Luffy. Maturing a bit doesn't mean becoming Law.



  3. #483
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    Almost everybody that is known as a powerful character in OP is strong in his own right, without DF, Haki, etc. Even Luffy, without Gomu Gomu is strong as hell. Remember when he still smashed rocks and shit before gaining Gear 2.
    And also, as KageKage said, BM KO'ed the Giants leaders out cold, killed the bear, she even ate the fking kids, a table and some chairs in the middle of obtaining the DF :)))
    Really think I needed a reminder of that?

    Did you see what I quoted? The point is none of the top dogs will be quite as strong if they aren't using their preferred method. Without her devil fruit BM is still a monster, just not at long distance as well as she is now. No raiton or katon for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  4. #484

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Really think I needed a reminder of that?

    Did you see what I quoted? The point is none of the top dogs will be quite as strong if they aren't using their preferred method. Without her devil fruit BM is still a monster, just not at long distance as well as she is now. No raiton or katon for her.
    How so? Top dogs don't seem to have preferred method, like swordmen. BM was wrecking with anything: sword, cloud, hand. Wb was wrecking with either fist or his weapon. BB himself was really good without any fruit to give shanks what mihawk never managed, scars from their battle.

    BM's fruit doesn't make her stronger or weaker. Homies? people like sanji use fire without needing something special, he can also fly, much like the sons of BM that could have teached her geppou and not need her cloud. There is no way legs mihawk or club mihawk would perform close to sword mihawk if he only trained perfecting swordmanship.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; November 19th, 2018 at 10:34 AM.

  5. #485

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Not that mihawk as strongest is confirmed, just assumption, he can't even cut buggy.

    At least doflamingo is more versatile, and that birdcage is crazy or parasite. Swordmen like mihawk without their sword, then it's interesting to see if they can do anything. I like how yonkou BM is monster with both sword skills and without it.
    If you're gonna take out Mihawk's main way of fighting, might as well take out Doflamingo's fruit.

    Plus, Mihawk has a reserve knife, so he can still fight.

  6. #486

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    If you're gonna take out Mihawk's main way of fighting, might as well take out Doflamingo's fruit.

    Plus, Mihawk has a reserve knife, so he can still fight.
    Not to mention Mihawk could just turn his sword to the blunt side and smack buggy.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  7. #487
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    It would have been easy to make Luffy more mature using his brother's death and the seperation. Oda decided to keep him the same and made it all about his strength which is also a choice. But To say that there wasn't an opportunity seems disengenuous. I mean Zoro got more braggy and lazy so change ver the 2 years is not some crazy thing especially since we saw how badly Luffy was broke and he was forced to do something that was against his MO AKA take a breath and regroup.
    Maybe, but it wasn't Luffy's fault that Ace died. Marineford didn't really present a situation that would have benefitted Luffy to be more thoughtful about his actions.


    Spoiler:

  8. #488
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    How so? Top dogs don't seem to have preferred method, like swordmen. BM was wrecking with anything: sword, cloud, hand. Wb was wrecking with either fist or his weapon. BB himself was really good without any fruit to give shanks what mihawk never managed, scars from their battle.

    BM's fruit doesn't make her stronger or weaker. Homies? people like sanji use fire without needing something special, he can also fly, much like the sons of BM that could have teached her geppou and not need her cloud. There is no way legs mihawk or club mihawk would perform close to sword mihawk if he only trained perfecting swordmanship.
    Well that's certainly a way to oversimplify things to prove your point, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  9. #489
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Maybe, but it wasn't Luffy's fault that Ace died. Marineford didn't really present a situation that would have benefitted Luffy to be more thoughtful about his actions.
    Actually the reason Luffy get stronger is because he considers died from his weakness(he was helpless and Ace had to protect him) hence why his growth was strength. Another way to go was Ace die by going back when people told him not to take a pointless fight. Oda chose the first route.

    But Oda could have gone either way. He chose one of them and that's fine but there's no need to pretend that was the only outcome or that growing from this experience would come from nowhere. This event and the archipelago were protrayed as shaking Luffy to his core and Oda had the opportunity if he wanted to change him a little bit. Again Zoro changed and we don't go that's stupid that he could changed despite having a less traumatic experience than Luffy.



  10. #490

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Not to mention Mihawk could just turn his sword to the blunt side and smack buggy.
    You mean futilely smack air while trying to keep up with the great captain Buggy

  11. #491
    21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    We do need a good groin kick again in One Piece.

  12. #492
    Just as planned choperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Right Behind you! MWHAHAHA

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Just noticed Kaido said Kidd has Conquerors haki too.... I thought when he was saying Kid, he was talking about Luffy

    also how many parts can we expect???? and will there be intermissions?

    Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

  13. #493

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Really think I needed a reminder of that?

    Did you see what I quoted? The point is none of the top dogs will be quite as strong if they aren't using their preferred method. Without her devil fruit BM is still a monster, just not at long distance as well as she is now. No raiton or katon for her.
    Even without her devil fruit, Carmel estimated that she would have been an admiral, fleet admiral or the strongest in Cipher pol.

    Last edited by YoungWhite; November 19th, 2018 at 10:38 PM.

  14. #494

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    Just noticed Kaido said Kidd has Conquerors haki too.... I thought when he was saying Kid, he was talking about Luffy
    This gives us the interesting observation that: Law(will of D) + Kid(king's haki) = Luffy(Will of D and King's haki).

    also how many parts can we expect???? and will there be intermissions?
    If there are intermissions, it will be 3 acts otherwise there would be too much jumping around. If no intermissions, then I expect 5 acts like most real plays.

    Purely coincidence

  15. #495
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungWhite View Post
    Even without her devil fruit, Carmel estimated that she would have been an admiral, fleet admiral or the strongest in Cipher pol.

    http://i65.tinypic.com/zmnk9h.jpg
    And having a devil fruit makes her even stronger...

    Can't wait for another post reminding me of BM's strenght. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  16. #496

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    And having a devil fruit makes her even stronger...

    Can't wait for another post reminding me of BM's strenght. Well done.
    Well well look at you receiving a well-rounded education courtesy of AP university.

    Oh who am i kidding it's totally a party school.

  17. #497

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Did people forget that Luffy was also fodderize by Crocodile & Lucci in first attempt? Hell the fight against crocodile is similar. Luffy didnít do shit in 3 minutes and Croc took him out with one strike.
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

  18. #498
    Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    Did people forget that Luffy was also fodderize by Crocodile & Lucci in first attempt? Hell the fight against crocodile is similar. Luffy didn’t do shit in 3 minutes and Croc took him out with one strike.
    To be honest, something like this was to be expected about Wano. Luffy being crushed. But I didn't expect it to be that soon in the arc and that quick for Luffy. I kinda like what I saw there.

    It would be even beter, if Luffy fails in his second attempt to beat kaido and needs three trys.

    Luffy at this point is basically in league with everyone expect Yonkos and Admirals. But the last challenge is often the one that needs the most willpower and determination to overcome, so I think it's great that Oda makes Kaido so enormously difficult to overcome. Like Chrior so fabously stated, he's supposed to be the powerceiling of the whole series (with the only possible exception being End-of-story-Blackbeard).


    Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

  19. #499

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    If you're gonna take out Mihawk's main way of fighting, might as well take out Doflamingo's fruit.

    Plus, Mihawk has a reserve knife, so he can still fight.
    DoFlamingo knows how to punch and kick, block Attacks with his cape, he knows how to fight even without his DF. Knifes are still small swords, that is the same thing, not like it's something completely different. And I doubt he can do with his knife whatever he does with best sword from the 12 grade ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    So, since Mihawk was never shown punching, kicking or grappling, you just assume he woud somehow be shit tier if his sword wasn't around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

    I mean, you've seen how physically strong Zoro was, even before the time skip. But somehow a person who swings a sword even harder than him isn't able to lift buildings or send someone flying with a kick?
    The Whole point was that yonkous are the same with anything you give them. There is no reason to assume mihawk would be the same with kicks and stuff. Not when he is based on perfecting one particular style, and is not shown doing somethign else. Like Based on sanji, you need some real training to be good at kicking. And even his kicks are nothing to the top guys out there.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; November 20th, 2018 at 03:03 AM.

  20. #500
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    DoFlamingo knows how to punch and kick, block Attacks with his cape, he knows how to fight even without his DF. Knifes are still small swords, that is the same thing, not like it's something completely different. And I doubt he can do with his knife whatever he does with best sword from the 12 grade ones.
    So, since Mihawk was never shown punching, kicking or grappling, you just assume he woud somehow be shit tier if his sword wasn't around.

    I mean, you've seen how physically strong Zoro was, even before the time skip. But somehow a person who swings a sword even harder than him isn't able to lift buildings or send someone flying with a kick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts