+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 520

Thread: Chapter 924 : Ha*

  1. #321
    Don't know, yet ... HTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    When i find out, i'll tell you

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    Has the official translation clarified whether it’s Kidd or Kid.

    P.s. Does anyone else have this problem of having to keep logging into Arlong Park every time you switch tabs
    It could be one of those instances where Oda is deliberately vague: perhaps it's "Eustace Kid D."?

    When Law was introduced, we never saw the "D.", and yet he had it all along: we only found out during Corazon's flashback, when his full name was revealed.
    HTC - Hoje Tive CŠ

  2. #322
    The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Somewhere or other

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Okay, chapter comparisons!
    • The official translation name of the chapter is "Huh", clearly referencing the moment where Franky, Robin, and Usopp read the paper and react like this. While Jaimini's Box noted that this was likely the case, both they and Mangastream also noted that it could be a reference to "Jo-Ha-Kyu". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo-ha-ky%C5%AB
    • MS refers to Kaido's club as a "kanabo" in the translation, leaving it like that while including a TN that it's a spiked metal club normally carried by demons in Japanese mythology. JB and VIZ forego that explanation and just translate it to "club".
    • When told that Luffy is still breathing, Kaido says "Of course he is" in JB, as opposed to "I thought so"/"As I figured" in MS/VIZ, though that's a pretty small difference. Also, when Law is planning to flee with Luffy, he says "In that condition", his only option is to grab Luffy and run, like he's commenting on the condition Luffy's in after the fight, but in MS and VIZ, after noting that he'll have to drag him away, he thinks "I should have enough stamina" to do so, commenting on his own condition and the nature of his Devil Fruit.
    • In both scanlations, Hawkins says "Stop right there, Trafalgar!" after shooting Law with the nail, but in the official version, says "Don't do it, Trafalgar!"
    • Later, when Hawkins' men are commenting that Law escaped, in MS, Hawkins says "We will catch up to you. You're not getting away." in MS; in JB, he says "I will definitely find them. I won't let them escape from me." In VIZ, his wording there is "But I will track him down. He shall not escape." The difference in wording may not really matter, but the slight differences can imply different things.
    • MS has Tsuru saying to Gorobei that he shouldn't feel responsible for the town being attacked, and calls him a kind soul, but in JB and VIZ, she's talking about Luffy(taro) when she says these things.
    • Shinobu's Devil Fruit/jutsu is called the "Juku-Juku Voluptuous Jutsu" in MS, the "Mature-Mature Bewitchment Jutsu" in JB, and "Ripe-Ripe Enticement Jutsu" in VIZ.
    • Luffy's and Kid's words about Kaido in MS are "Rue this day" in MS, "You'll pay for this" in JB, and "I'll get you" in VIZ.
    • ​To answer the above question, VIZ spells it "Kid", with one "d".
    Hidden:

  3. #323
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    [/COLOR]

    What? No they don't. Vegapunk's head looks super oblong. The prisoner's head is normal-shaped.
    It's really not.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    [/COLOR]Sure, but PH isn't close to being the only thing connected to this arc.
    Ooops, accidentaly wrote PH instead VP. And?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    [/COLOR]I'm the type of person who argues with flat-earthers. I don't like leaving terrible arguments to grow and fester. You're nearing the level of detachment from reality that I see from the flat-earthers.
    I'm the type of person who likes to see possibilities instead of limitations. In this case, I can imagine several ways in which Oda could pull it off, while the opposition discards any possibility based on incomplete information and assumptions.

    But thank you for comparing me with idiots and trolls. You're once again showing how good of a communicator you are. Flat-earthers are lucky to have you.
    Last edited by Razh; November 13th, 2018 at 06:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  4. #324

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It's really not.



    Ooops, accidentaly wrote PH instead VP. And?



    I'm the type of person who likes to see possibilities instead of limitations. In this case, I can imagine several ways in which Oda could pull it off, while the opposition discards any possibility based on incomplete information and assumptions.

    But thank you for comparing me with idiots and trolls. You're once again showing how good of a communicator you are. Flat-eathers are lucky to have you.
    How long do you think that prisoner has been in that cage? Give me you range of estimate

  5. #325
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    How long do you think that prisoner has been in that cage? Give me you range of estimate
    Can't really tell. Could have been 20 years or it could have been a week. The guard could have rotated so much that none of the current ones remember the prisoner, or he was captured recently with none of them ever seeing him up close. Or they did see him but it was an unfamiliar face.

    One thing I don't understand is, if it was one of samurai, why the secrecy. First with a different silhouette and then with guards not knowing shit. I'd think that there would at least be rumors about a samurai that doesn't want to join Kaido or something like that. I'd understand if it was Oden, but since we know he had Conqueror Haki, it would be weird if none of the guards ever collapsed foaming in front of the cell.

    I think it's someone we don't expect to see there. Doesn't have to be damn Vegapunk, that's just the most interesting possibility to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  6. #326

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    The implication to me isn't that it's a secret but rather that whoever it is has been in there so long that people have forgotten who it is.

  7. #327
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    The implication to me isn't that it's a secret but rather that whoever it is has been in there so long that people have forgotten who it is.
    It's the way Oda decided to show it that bugs me and makes me think it's none of the 2 samurai silhouettes. Seems needlesly secretive for the person to be one of the guys that were hinted 3 chapters ago.

    Not saying it couldn't be the pony tail guy, of course. His pony tail could have been cut off or something, and he's a baldie now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  8. #328

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    The implication to me isn't that it's a secret but rather that whoever it is has been in there so long that people have forgotten who it is.
    That is my thoughts on it as well.

  9. #329

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Okay, chapter comparisons!
    • The official translation name of the chapter is "Huh", clearly referencing the moment where Franky, Robin, and Usopp read the paper and react like this. While Jaimini's Box noted that this was likely the case, both they and Mangastream also noted that it could be a reference to "Jo-Ha-Kyu". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo-ha-ky%C5%AB
    • MS refers to Kaido's club as a "kanabo" in the translation, leaving it like that while including a TN that it's a spiked metal club normally carried by demons in Japanese mythology. JB and VIZ forego that explanation and just translate it to "club".
    • When told that Luffy is still breathing, Kaido says "Of course he is" in JB, as opposed to "I thought so"/"As I figured" in MS/VIZ, though that's a pretty small difference. Also, when Law is planning to flee with Luffy, he says "In that condition", his only option is to grab Luffy and run, like he's commenting on the condition Luffy's in after the fight, but in MS and VIZ, after noting that he'll have to drag him away, he thinks "I should have enough stamina" to do so, commenting on his own condition and the nature of his Devil Fruit.
    • In both scanlations, Hawkins says "Stop right there, Trafalgar!" after shooting Law with the nail, but in the official version, says "Don't do it, Trafalgar!"
    • Later, when Hawkins' men are commenting that Law escaped, in MS, Hawkins says "We will catch up to you. You're not getting away." in MS; in JB, he says "I will definitely find them. I won't let them escape from me." In VIZ, his wording there is "But I will track him down. He shall not escape." The difference in wording may not really matter, but the slight differences can imply different things.
    • MS has Tsuru saying to Gorobei that he shouldn't feel responsible for the town being attacked, and calls him a kind soul, but in JB and VIZ, she's talking about Luffy(taro) when she says these things.
    • Shinobu's Devil Fruit/jutsu is called the "Juku-Juku Voluptuous Jutsu" in MS, the "Mature-Mature Bewitchment Jutsu" in JB, and "Ripe-Ripe Enticement Jutsu" in VIZ.
    • Luffy's and Kid's words about Kaido in MS are "Rue this day" in MS, "You'll pay for this" in JB, and "I'll get you" in VIZ.
    • ​To answer the above question, VIZ spells it "Kid", with one "d".
    I almost missed Stephen talking about the chapter title in the podcast because he left it right til the end of the manga recap. Glad I kept listening, I was really curious to see what he had to say about this one.

    Stephen thinks the reference to Jo-Ha-Kyu is more likely to be a happy coincidence than anything else. The reasons are firstly, the way it's written. The writing matches the Huh from the chapter, not the Ha in Jo-Ha Kyu, which we can verify now the full raws are out:

    Spoiler:


    Second, the way that Oda tends to use either descriptive chapter titles (like Emperor Kaido VS Luffy from the other week) or lines of dialogue, not abstract references. So it works again as dialogue.

    And third, the complete lack of a "Jo" chapter, because it would make sense to do the whole jo-ha-kyu thing as a series.

    He also said that Viz's format doesn't really allow for explanations of the translation in the chapter title space, and that the only way we'll really know for sure if it's jo-ha-kyu is if it comes up in an SBS, in which case he'll be able to explain the context there, which also informed the choice to go with "Huh" over "Ha"

  10. #330
    Ou lĎoptimisme Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    It would make sense that fishguy is a samurai, Noseguy being one and Tama being Momos sister... then we would have seen all of the alliences forces, what would be just the purpose of first act. Only Apoo and XDrake would not be there - maybe a hint for them being on Kaidous side.

    Also thank you Razh and Avocado for discussing - you both have valid points... most prominent: shape vs duration of imprisionment.

  11. #331
    Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vienna, Europe

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Don't want to ride on that "Vegapunk or not"-debate, but remember Kanjuro's 1st Silhouette? It looked like Kawamatsu's or Denjiro's Silhouette now Looks like (with a hair-tail).
    Kanjuuro ended up lookin different than that Silhouette. Silhouettes can give a precise views of chars, but one can't rely on them for 100%.
    Meadows looked like Kaidou's Silhouette, remember?
    And the sun pirate-ship looked totally like the Sunny in ch. 900.

    Would be cool if it was a bald Moria
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8


  12. #332
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Would be cool if it was a bald Moria
    Or Moria's former vice captain or something.

    Regarding the silhouettes, Vegapunk's would have probably been changed in a volume release, like Kanjuro's. But I guess anything's possible. Can't really speak for possibility of it being Vegapunk and disregard the possibility that Oda is being undecisive with appearances again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  13. #333
    Powerlevel = 1 Cavendish Cavendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Hydra Huschel's Hidden Hangout.

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    Has the official translation clarified whether itís Kidd or Kid.

    P.s. Does anyone else have this problem of having to keep logging into Arlong Park every time you switch tabs
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC View Post
    It could be one of those instances where Oda is deliberately vague: perhaps it's "Eustace Kid D."?

    When Law was introduced, we never saw the "D.", and yet he had it all along: we only found out during Corazon's flashback, when his full name was revealed.
    as Tarek and Faith said his name has always been "Kid". You can check his bounty posters and stuff to see proof.

    If people want to make up theories that Eustass Kid has a secret middle name he didn't tell anyone about I'm not going to try and stop them however his name is spelled "Eustass Kid" see my earlier post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavendish View Post
    People often mistake Eustass Kid's name as Kidd because of one of the two real life pirates he is named after: Eustace the Monk And William Kidd. But we can clearly see on his wanted poster that the names got morphed (as Oda generally does when naming after famous people) into Eustass and Kid.
    I personally doubt Eustass Kid has a secret D name because from what we have seen of him he doesn't seem the type to hide it but what I do know for sure is that "Eustass Kid" is the correct spelling as given by Oda on more than one occasion (both on wanted posters and on the intro pages)!

    Spoiler:


  14. #334
    Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vienna, Europe

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Or Moria's former vice captain or something.

    Regarding the silhouettes, Vegapunk's would have probably been changed in a volume release, like Kanjuro's. But I guess anything's possible. Can't really speak for possibility of it being Vegapunk and disregard the possibility that Oda is being undecisive with appearances again.
    That Person in that cell could wear a bamboo hat just like Law wore quite some chapters ago. And a possible hair knot can't be seen because of the panel's layout.
    Vegapunk is a Person in great demand recently. Though it'd be funny if he fooled the whole world with a clone of himself. Or there is sitting a badass-Vegapunk-clone in that cell.

    Topic-Change: it is funny that we see big-paneled face-faults of the very same SHs who had face-faults at Green Bit.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavendish View Post
    as Tarek and Faith said his name has always been "Kid". You can check his bounty posters and stuff to see proof.

    If people want to make up theories that Eustass Kid has a secret middle name he didn't tell anyone about I'm not going to try and stop them however his name is spelled "Eustass Kid" see my earlier post


    I personally doubt Eustass Kid has a secret D name because from what we have seen of him he doesn't seem the type to hide it but what I do know for sure is that "Eustass Kid" is the correct spelling as given by Oda on more than one occasion (both on wanted posters and on the intro pages)!
    I wouldn't rely on that too much. Oda saved Law's full Name (Waterloo) until his very own flashback. Eustass D. Hanswurst Kid (probably) incoming.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8


  15. #335

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    As bad as one K Kidd is it isn't the first time Oda mucks up a good name. They really should take away his English privilegies. Like you do with the license of a drunk just won't stop drinking and driving. It's for your own good y'know

  16. #336
    Powerlevel = 1 Cavendish Cavendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Hydra Huschel's Hidden Hangout.

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    I wouldn't rely on that too much. Oda saved Law's full Name (Waterloo) until his very own flashback. Eustass D. Hanswurst Kid (probably) incoming.
    As I already said I'm not trying to stop people from floating that theory, I personally have doubts because I feel like Kid would brag (for lack of a better word) about being one of the people who is going to turn the world on its head. However I wouldn't be shocked if Kid does have a middle name with a D. My point I'm trying to make is just directed to all the people mistaking his name.

    my stance:
    Eustass _______ Kid - Possible flashback reveal. Although we have nothing to suggest it being a fact as far as I am concerned.
    Eustace Kid D. - Nope Oda has shown us blatantly that the spelling is Eustass Kid (see the image in my post above plus all the other times it has appeared that way in both the official Japanese and English versions)



    You can dislike the spelling Eustass Kid but it still is what Oda gave us. I personally hate the spelling "Sterry" instead of "Stelly" but I'm not going to make any theories that depend on the non-existent "L"s in his name
    Spoiler:


  17. #337

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    T

    I wouldn't rely on that too much. Oda saved Law's full Name (Waterloo) until his very own flashback. Eustass D. Hanswurst Kid (probably) incoming.
    I thought it was just Water instead of Waterloo.

  18. #338

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Why do people think the prisoner is bald? I thought he was wearing a hat.

  19. #339

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Are the weapons BB got ( vine steel) confirmed to be made in kaidou's factories? Since dofla had them, I imagine in Exchange for the artificial zoans. BB could want more and get here for the source. With both poneglyphs and seastone from wano, whatever vine steel is, could also be special material found in wano.

    And I still don't get it why kaidou gave the seastone to marines, since they are enemies.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; November 13th, 2018 at 08:01 AM.

  20. #340

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Can't really tell. Could have been 20 years or it could have been a week. The guard could have rotated so much that none of the current ones remember the prisoner, or he was captured recently with none of them ever seeing him up close. Or they did see him but it was an unfamiliar face.

    One thing I don't understand is, if it was one of samurai, why the secrecy. First with a different silhouette and then with guards not knowing shit. I'd think that there would at least be rumors about a samurai that doesn't want to join Kaido or something like that. I'd understand if it was Oden, but since we know he had Conqueror Haki, it would be weird if none of the guards ever collapsed foaming in front of the cell.

    I think it's someone we don't expect to see there. Doesn't have to be damn Vegapunk, that's just the most interesting possibility to me.
    So youíre saying the one guard who calls the other guard a newbie has also been there for less than a few weeks... somehow you donít see how much of a stretch youíre pulling... Well whatever

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts